HISTORY A Small Proof for How Far West Somali Territory Was

Do we know what Barara means

I will try find out.

Hawiye is just one clan among Somali i don't why you guys are trynna drag them into all directions. And the oromonized Somalis are not just Hawiye,

But yeah that statement isn't entirely wrong a lot of areas was inhabited by Somalis before the Oromo invasions, you can see it in the medieval sources and chronicles.

It does not however mean that those territories belong to us today.

Those Baabili guys are mostly Hawiye. I mentioned them because they live in Haadaamo which is 60km from the town and the milk that supplies Addis comes from Babile livestock market.

IMG_0313.jpeg

I will try find out.

Those Baabili guys are mostly Hawiye. I mentioned them because they live in Haadaamo which is 60km from the town and the milk that supplies Addis comes from Babile livestock market.

View attachment 328344

I know there is a oromonized Hawiye in Babile. It's not a mind blowing reveal or anything because they are mentioned in that area consistently, there is even a demographic study on it:
Reconstructing the identities of Afran Qalo Oromo: A case of Babile Tribe

You can't use that fact to drag them into other areas along a modern train route and try to equate them to a text where the Libration Front is advocating for the liberation of the territories of the Oromo Abbo and Warya and their southern areas.

Last edited:
I know there is a oromonized Hawiye in Babile. It's not a mind blowing reveal or anything because they are mentioned in that area consistently, there is even a study on it: https://www.ijsrp.org/research-paper-0320/ijsrp-p9998.pdf

You can't use that fact to drag them into other areas along a modern train route and try to equate them to a text of the Libration Front who was advocating for the liberation of the territories of the Oromo Abbo and Wariya in southern areas.

No one is dragging anyone anywhere. It’s the Hawiye that lived historically that far west. We literally supply the capital city today with protein.

IMG_4762.jpeg

I just stumbled across a source from a European explorer who saw a site that is still told in oral narratives today- a site where Imam Ahmad would tie his horses. The explorer mistakenly refers to Ahmed Guray as Muhammad

It is located in modern day Addis (known to the Oromos as Fin-Finne) and the area is still inhabited by Karrayu (of Karanle descent) and other Somali clans.
So, addis unuka leh?
1715372298718.png

This is something I know from people it's not a textbook thing but there might be books that mention it.
I saw this text long ago which mentions something similar, somalis living in the surrounding region of ankobar:
Screenshot_20240511-002552_Gallery.jpg

"inhabits the surroundings of Ankober."

ankobar is located right next to addis ababa:
Screenshot_20240511-002151_Google.jpg

Trending

Latest posts