A question for somalilanders

Status
Not open for further replies.
The international community will not acknowledge somaliland because of the huge oil resources, I have gone through this many times before.

My country is independent and has been for 25 years, do you think we need some
White dufarrs who can't even wipe their own arses properly to deter us? No it hasn't we are still functioning.

Let me put it in layman terms, by definition if somaliland was a autonomous region of Somalia the following would need to apply:

An autonomous administrative division is a subdivision or dependent territory of a country that has a degree of self-governance, or autonomy, from an extranal authority.

Somalia has no authority over us, you're country wouldn't even dare to tell us what to do.

Also alhamduillah we wouldn't somaliland wouldn't be plunged into a civil war, the atrocities that befell us won't be repeated Insha'Allah.

Sis not sure what you're on about, I was never debating the state of somaliland and whether it's independent or xamar has power over it. I'm not interested in that discussion you've misunderstood.

Sis not sure what you're on about, I was never debating the state of somaliland and whether it's independent or xamar has power over it. I'm not interested in that discussion you've misunderstood.

Listen here, I was trying to explain to you what the definition of an autonomous state was since you're confused.

Don't be slick and say I've misunderstood something when clearly it's you!

Listen here, I was trying to explain to you what the definition of an autonomous state was since you're confused.

Don't be slick and say I've misunderstood something when clearly it's you!

Slick? What? Did you read anything ive written? Where did I mention an autonomous state?

Don't be in an idiot. You're an autonomous region within Somalia. Independent =/= separate. The old system does not work in this century. We must move on from geeljire savagery. It is outdated and does not allow you to compete on the world state. There is a reason East Anglia, Mercia, Northumbria, Wessex etc. have ceased existing.

IMG_6571.PNG
Than why doesn't you're new president come to this autonomous region? Since you think we're still apart of Somalia?
:siilaanyosmile: Tell him he won't need body guards and to bring his flag

View attachment 20114 Than why doesn't you're new president come to this autonomous region? Since you think we're still apart of Somalia?
:siilaanyosmile:

This thread isn't about your ego, it's a fact that somaliland is seen as an autonomous region in Somalia, there is no reason to fight over a true statement it's not that serious - all that aside I never even mentioned any of that. You have misunderstood and this thread is not that.

From what I can gather, these are the 4 main reasons.
  • We have stability and you don't. It's been 26 years and there's no hope for the South. It's time to go our separate ways. Greater Somalia is dead.
  • We cannot forgive the Isaaq genocide, the SNM didn't fight for nothing. They liberated us from tyranny.
  • Even if we were to reunite, some tribes will always be looking to dominate all the other tribes. They can't let go of tribalism.
  • The South has refused to reconcile with us, and allow tribalist war criminals to roam free.
In summary, they are afraid of history repeating itself. Old wounds haven't healed and Xamar shows no remorse.

In my opinion, the first reason is bs. Their military could wipe out all the insurgents, but they are unwilling to help(albeit they have a good reason not to). To think that our worst enemy is "helping" should be humiliation enough, but they don't see it as a Somali embarrassment, it's more of a Southern problem to them. The separatist mindset doesn't allow for that collective type of thinking. They've forged a new identity for themselves.

The second reason is somewhat valid, but the SNM was wrong. All sides were wrong.

The 3rd reason is paranoia plain and simple. That type of thinking keeps us in the past. If one tribe dominates, that would mean all the other tribes are with you on the same boat, but you're selfishly concerned with yourself. And that means you're serving your own interests. If you want to oppose the dominating tribe, then keep the national interests at heart and not your own.

The final reason is credible. If Xamar keeps up this petty bullshit and all these criminals die free men, then I can't really blame the separatists for wanting independence. The only hope of reunification we'd have after that would be in the distant future with a (hopefully) smarter generation. Waaq willing, they'll be able to shatter the lens of tribalism, that is, if we haven't dissipated by then.

Actually, all four reasons are pretty valid. But the most important one is the third reason. Can you name me one Isaaq president in the history of the Somali state? Just one. And don't give me bullshit like prime minister, foreign ministers and speaker of the house and other such nonsense positions. The fact that all of Somali presidents have been either Hawiye or Darood, despite those two clans being incapable of long-term thinking and leadership, is one of the greatest examples of why Isaaq should never politically engage with the south again.

The fact that Isaaq and Dir, not having a single president to represent them, despite being vastly more qualified and level-headed than either of the two clans should tell you the real problem in Somalia. While Darood and Hawiye have been playing musical chairs for decades, reducing the Somali name to less than toilet paper, destroying our sharaf and honour from Thailand to Timbuktu, Isaaq and Dir have been building peaceful and stable nations. This tribalist arrogance is why you two clans are in a mess and why you will never have stability. This coupled with a relentless aggression towards the peaceful Somalis clans of Dir, Isaaq and even the Rahanweyn/D&M.

The only way Isaaq will ever integrate with those two clans again is if Somaliland gets 50% representation in government/parliament, either president or prime minister role each election, and possibly Hargeisa being the capital. And I say this as a unionist, so god help you with hardcore secessionists.

We will never make the same mistake again. My father used to say Reer Djibouti would jokingly ask him how joining the South turn out for Isaaq.

Slick? What? Did you read anything ive written? Where did I mention an autonomous state?

You name choice suits you, kudos for that brilliant choice.

You started this thread asking the same old questions, that we've discussed a million times before. I answered because I genuinely thought you
Knew nothing.

I was trying to educate you on the finer points as you stated Somaliland wants
To separate from Somalia, hence saying indirectly and hinting to the fact you believe we are a autonomous state.

Go do some research it's all online.

xisaabiye

Ibnu Suxuufi Ibnu Al Dhoobe
I completely understand and agree with this sentiment, but don't you think advocating for justice is the right path
and joining like minded people to achieve peace and greatness on the basis of somalinimo and not qabyalad (which is what I believe all regional administration to be based upon). I just don't understand how separation is a solution.

and I'll ask you too, if civil war broke out in somaliland and atrocities committed would you advocate to further divide somaliland? And how far would you take this?

Since when is Somaliland a "regional administration" based on qabyaalad :childplease:. This is why I'd never support uniting with koonfur, it's people like you. Intellectually dishonest individuals who undermine SL historical legitimacy and label SL as the antithesis to somalinimo or Somaliweyn:camby:.

Since when were we under the rule of Somalia? It was a unification and we took back what we came with simple as that. If yall come for that then I'll catch you with my mijin & daba jeex:pacspit:

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
From what I can gather, these are the 4 main reasons.
  • We have stability and you don't. It's been 26 years and there's no hope for the South. It's time to go our separate ways. Greater Somalia is dead.
  • We cannot forgive the Isaaq genocide, the SNM didn't fight for nothing. They liberated us from tyranny.
  • Even if we were to reunite, some tribes will always be looking to dominate all the other tribes. They can't let go of tribalism.
  • The South has refused to reconcile with us, and allow tribalist war criminals to roam free.
In summary, they are afraid of history repeating itself. Old wounds haven't healed and Xamar shows no remorse.

In my opinion, the first reason is bs. Their military could wipe out all the insurgents, but they are unwilling to help(albeit they have a good reason not to). To think that our worst enemy is "helping" should be humiliation enough, but they don't see it as a Somali embarrassment, it's more of a Southern problem to them. The separatist mindset doesn't allow for that collective type of thinking. They've forged a new identity for themselves.

The second reason is somewhat valid, but the SNM was wrong. All sides were wrong.

The 3rd reason is paranoia plain and simple. That type of thinking keeps us in the past. If one tribe dominates, that would mean all the other tribes are with you on the same boat, but you're selfishly concerned with yourself. And that means you're serving your own interests. If you want to oppose the dominating tribe, then keep the national interests at heart and not your own.

The final reason is credible. If Xamar keeps up this petty bullshit and all these criminals die free men, then I can't really blame the separatists for wanting independence. The only hope of reunification we'd have after that would be in the distant future with a (hopefully) smarter generation. Waaq willing, they'll be able to shatter the lens of tribalism, that is, if we haven't dissipated by then.

Somaliland cannot destroy alshabab kkkkkkkk

Dont u know Ethiopia, Kenya, Djibouti, Burundi and Uganda are doing whatever they can to destroy alshabab ( allthough i know Kenya and Ethiopia dont want really to destroy alshabab)

Gambar

VIP
Since when is Somaliland a "regional administration" based on qabyaalad :childplease:. This is why I'd never support uniting with koonfur, it's people like you. Intellectually dishonest individuals who undermine SL historical legitimacy and label SL as the antithesis to somalinimo or Somaliweyn:camby:.

Since when were we under the rule of Somalia? It was a unification and we took back what we came with simple as that. If yall come for that then I'll catch you with my mijin & daba jeex:pacspit:

It's a regional administration based on qabyalad because there are people who feel they are being forced into Somaliland who don't want to be part of it such as Warsangeli and Dhulbahante. That's a legitimate reason and that's a legitimate gripe people have; that it's an Isaaq state.

This thread isn't about your ego, it's a fact that somaliland is seen as an autonomous region in Somalia, there is no reason to fight over a true statement it's not that serious - all that aside I never even mentioned any of that. You have misunderstood and this thread is not that.

Listen here nayaaa you're new so I'd be careful about starting fights so early on, especially with me.

How does ego come into this? When you thought you could be slick and say a sly rude comment back to me as if, I would ignore that?

Learn you're place and watch how you speak to ppl

Actually, all four reasons are pretty valid. But the most important one is the third reason. Can you name me one Isaaq president in the history of the Somali state? Just one. And don't give me bullshit like prime minister, foreign ministers and speaker of the house and other such nonsense positions. The fact that all of Somali presidents have been either Hawiye or Darood, despite those two clans being incapable of long-term thinking and leadership, is one of the greatest examples of why Isaaq should never politically engage with the south again.

The fact that Isaaq and Dir, not having a single president to represent them, despite being vastly more qualified and level-headed than either of the two clans should tell you the real problem in Somalia. While Darood and Hawiye have been playing musical chairs for decades, reducing the Somali name to less than toilet paper, destroying our sharaf and honour from Thailand to Timbuktu, Isaaq and Dir have been building peaceful and stable nations. This tribalist arrogance is why you two clans are in a mess and why you will never have stability. This coupled with a relentless aggression towards the peaceful Somalis clans of Dir, Isaaq and even the Rahanweyn/D&M.

The only way Isaaq will ever integrate with those two clans again is if Somaliland gets 50% representation in government/parliament, either president or prime minister role each election, and possibly Hargeisa being the capital. And I say this as a unionist, so god help you with hardcore secessionists.

We will never make the same mistake again. My father used to say Reer Djibouti would jokingly ask him how joining the South turn out for Isaaq.

I agree that is wrong and believe we should work towards fairness and equality and people should be chosen based off of merits and not qabil. Maybe the first should be isaaq to show goodwill I couldn't care less as long as it's a good leader. But are you a Eugenist? How can you write off thousands of people and call them incompetent based off of clan?

Listen here nayaaa you're new so I'd be careful about starting fights so early on, especially with me.

How does ego come into this? When you thought you could be slick and say a sly rude comment back to me as if, I would ignore that?

Learn you're place and watch how you speak to ppl

Yes I'm new and I don't need to be "careful" nor am I starting a fight I genuinely don't know what you're talking about. You've misunderstood what I said and you're trying to act hard to compensate idk why. I assured you I had no ill intention and you're talking about autonomy? Post where I mentioned anything like that if not let
It go

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
However i must admit Somalilanders should play wiser. They should know by now the road of ictiraaf is cursed one and should fight hard for fairer power sharing. Also to move capital city there or to get leadership.
Think bigger amigos.

I agree that is wrong and believe we should work towards fairness and equality and people should be chosen based off of merits and not qabil. Maybe the first should be isaaq to show goodwill I couldn't care less as long as it's a good leader. But are you a Eugenist? How can you write off thousands of people and call them incompetent based off of clan?

The proof is in the pudding. Not to say Isaaq is perfect, but we have, at least, learned the importance of compromise and working together. There's no doubt than Isaaq and Dir have always been the cool, level-headed, intellectual clans. We wouldn't have got ourselves in a pointless war in the Ogaden for instance.:manny:

No point in engaging with this

black

live and let die.
View attachment 20114 Than why doesn't you're new president come to this autonomous region? Since you think we're still apart of Somalia?
:siilaanyosmile: Tell him he won't need body guards and to bring his flag

Think? That's what the whole world thinks and takes fact. I acknowledge that Somaliland has sole control over most of their regions and should do so for the foreseeable future. The moment Somalia gets its shit straight however, it has full rights to exercise its authority over Somaliland, no questions asked.

If you don't want that to happen, end the corruption develop yourself to the point Somalia cannot ever impose itself on you. In fact, I will personally assist Somaliland in the annexation of Somalia on the condition we re-name it to Somalia. :icon lol:

For now Somaliland is the same piece of shit claiming a different asshole.

She confused you with me, I was the one that brought it up :hemad:

The proof is in the pudding. Not to say Isaaq is perfect, but we have, at least, learned the importance of compromise and working together. There's no doubt than Isaaq and Dir have always been the cool, level-headed, intellectual clans. We wouldn't have got ourselves in a pointless war in the Ogaden for instance.:manny:

Lol so all this has nothing to do with the capital being in the south, a denser and more diverse population in the south. It's because certain clans are superior than others? I hope you don't actually believe that you should know better. But hats off to the people's youve mentioned and may Allah swt continue to bless them. Ameen.

xisaabiye

Ibnu Suxuufi Ibnu Al Dhoobe
It's a regional administration based on qabyalad because there are people who feel they are being forced into Somaliland who don't want to be part of it such as Warsangeli and Dhulbahante. That's a legitimate reason and that's a legitimate gripe people have; that it's an Isaaq state.

The borders weren't made by Isaaq, darood or hawiye:camby:. That's like saying Djibouti is based on Qabyaalad and it's an ciisa state:childplease:. You all can't wrap your mind around the fact that somaliland existed prior to Somalia or the somali republic. When you want to take a jab you make up this false notion of Qabyaalad as if Isaaq made the borders themselves. Like I said, we took what we came with nothing more nothing less

Yes I'm new and I don't need to be "careful" nor am I starting a fight I genuinely don't know what you're talking about. You've misunderstood what I said and you're trying to act hard to compensate idk why. I assured you I had no ill intention and you're talking about autonomy? Post where I mentioned anything like that if not let
It go

Listen all my posts throughout this site are the same, if someone is rude to me, I will call them out and than proceed To defend myself.

I did not misunderstand, what you said, you asked why somaliland wants to separate from Somalia?

Take the time to actually read what I've said and you would understand, I can't make you comprehend something that
Might go over your intellectual compacity.

I suspect that @Amira multinicking again, no one can be that stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts