80% of livestock in Somaliland has been wiped out

Status
Not open for further replies.
A saudi ban on livestock exports from somaliland right before a major drought occured

thinkinghd.png

I sense a conspiracy

What the heck you talking about? That's a lot of delicious goat meat that could be eaten with sabayat gone.
What i meant was times are changing & people need to adapt and move forward. Nomadism needs to be ditched...
:manny:
but yeah i agree we lost a lot of good meat.
:mjohreally::mjcry:

Last edited:

waraabe

Your superior
Somaliland. 26 years of nothingness. How haven’t they been able secure their food and water security in 26 years?.

I laugh when wanlawein say this whilist having foreign troops in their country. They say doqontu teeda ma aragto waxay aragta ta kale

Last edited:
That's sad. What will those xoolo dhaqato do now? They pretty much either have to start from the beginning all over again or they have to adjust and learn to make a living. If I were in somalia, I'd tell them to move near coastal areas like berbera, saylac etc.. and fish. They'll never go hungry again if they make the sea their primary source of food.

This is Agriculture policy at its worst.

How do you save 20million head of cattle, goats and camels? That's more than the population of Canada. The Malawi Method is the only real world livestock feeding strategy that's working during a drought. The government paid subsidies and filed hectares/head with water and feed. Any other animals that couldn't be saved were sheared from leather and sent to tanneries. Malawi managed to rebound their livestock industry with strong feeding programs and prememptive drought programs.

No matter if you are from Somaliland, Puntland, Banadiir or Jubbaland our policies are all weak and this drought is truly a blessing in disguise for the emerging private sector that can step in and substitute the governments weaknesses.

I keep saying time in and time out. The future of the Somali peninsula will be private equity based. Somali owned corporations need to emerge that over private shareholder investment and returns, all while capitalizing on the governments incompetence.

What i meant was times are changing & people need to adapt and move forward. Nomadism needs to be ditched...
:manny:
but yeah i agree we lost a lot of good meat.
:mjohreally::mjcry:

Somalis are at a crossroad, it's do or die. We can either build a sustainable manufacturing economy by using our natural resources like solar, wind, oil/gas and nuclear power or we can die off slowly in a series of droughts. Nomadism should've died off in the 60s when we got our independence. Now many jobless and poor geeljires are flocking to the main cities like Hargeisa and Burco but there's no work for them. The government is corrupt and incompetent. They're only plane is to get for aid and then steal it. Then we wonder why people Tahriib.

waraabe

Your superior
Somalis are at a crossroad, it's do or die. We can either build a sustainable manufacturing economy by using our natural resources like solar, wind, oil/gas and nuclear power or we can die off slowly in a series of droughts. Nomadism should've died off in the 60s when we got our independence. Now many jobless and poor geeljires are flocking to the main cities like Hargeisa and Burco but there's no work for them. The government is corrupt and incompetent. They're only plane is to get for aid and then steal it. Then we wonder why people Tahriib.

What could the government do?

What could the government do?

Invest more in agriculture and raising smaller animals like chicken, goats and sheep.

Invest in and fund sand dams, reservoirs and irrigation systems.

Divide the arable land into sections. Then teach the locals how not over-farm and over-cultivate the land by a yearly schedule where farmers move to a new section every two years. This allows time for arable soil to recover.

Plan for droughts and dry seasons well in advance by storing a surplus of grain and vegetables.

Invest in utilising our huge fishing resources.

Build refrigerators and storage tanks

This is just all the stuff they can do in terms of food and agriculture. There's a billion other stuff they need to do that's too much to list.

For fucks sack people in the Sahara have been surviving for thousands of years in extreme conditions. Yet we are too dumb and incompetent to survive a land as plentiful as Somaliland/Somalia.:mindblown:

waraabe

Your superior
Invest more in agriculture and raising smaller animals like chicken, goats and sheep.

Invest in and fund sand dams, reservoirs and irrigation systems.

Divide the arable land into sections. Then teach the locals how not over-farm and over-cultivate the land by a yearly schedule where farmers move to a new section every two years. This allows time for arable soil to recover.

Plan for droughts and dry seasons well in advance by storing a surplus of grain and vegetables.

Invest in utilising our huge fishing resources.

Build refrigerators and storage tanks

This is just all the stuff they can do in terms of food and agriculture. There's a billion other stuff they need to do that's too much to list.

For fucks sack people in the Sahara have been surviving for thousands of years in extreme conditions. Yet we are too dumb and incompetent to survive a land as plentiful as Somaliland/Somalia.:mindblown:

That is a lot of projects, how will a $350m budget allow that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending