8,000 Kenyans have secured jobs in Hargeisa

The same thing is happening in Somalia btw, north and south. In the cities they are importing the asians now who've displaced the madowweyn/rahanwyen who themselves had taken over ethnic somali jobs due to backwards culture/mannerism. I watched vids of xamar and they were importing africans for all kinds of jobs like cooks and servers. Jobs that locals can do because the employers trust foreign workers more, even when ethnic somalis are willing to do the job.
The whole decision to join EAC is potentially a disaster imo, there should be efforts in encouraging he locals to do traditionally undesirable work and to force the employers to employ locally.
The south is still too volatile to allow any real migration and as long as its menial tasks, its nothing too damaging. However, once things are finally stable, the government needs to have ethnic Somalis be apart of reconstruction instead of allowing foreigners do it

Unpopular opinion, this will result in demographic shift and Somalia will become a multicultural country where us lamagoodles aren't majority anymore.

Also unpopular opinion, this is actually a good thing.

I saw many Kenyans, even working in restaurants as waiters. But mostly Pakis/bengalis do construction your right.
I have never seen the Kenyans. The largest foreign group excluding Somalians by largest to smallest are:

1. Ethiopians (80% Oromos 20% Habesha)
2. Yemenis (99% from Sunni areas)
3. Indian Subcontinent (mostly Pak & Bengalis)
4. Syrians & Egyptians

Scariest ones are the Paki sheikhs who are preaching Deobandi Islam in Hargeisa. Seen in so many places across Hargeisa even in Daami/Sheikh Madar which shocked me. They are trying to create Talibs when we already have a Salafi problem

NidarNidar

Punisher
I have never seen the Kenyans. The largest foreign group excluding Somalians by largest to smallest are:

1. Ethiopians (80% Oromos 20% Habesha)
2. Yemenis (99% from Sunni areas)
3. Indian Subcontinent (mostly Pak & Bengalis)
4. Syrians & Egyptians

Scariest ones are the Paki sheikhs who are preaching Deobandi Islam in Hargeisa. Seen in so many places across Hargeisa even in Daami/Sheikh Madar which shocked me. They are trying to create Talibs when we already have a Salafi problem
I noticed the amount of Salafist mosques in Borama and then when I was in Hargeisa, this could be a huge problem in the region if it's not checked, with unemployment of youth almost at 70% this is a huge problem waiting to happen.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Salty that our economy is stronger and attracts workers from other countries, economically we are larger than your province of Somalia. Berbera alone has a larger GDP than PL.
Relax Oromo boy, its ok to giveup land and your people for ictraaf, no one care.:mjdontkno:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Why are we surprised, we're the ethnic group that decided our blacksmiths & artisans are subhumans while our starving nomads think of themselves as nobles :icon lol:

Relax Oromo boy, its ok to giveup land and your people for ictraaf, no one care.:mjdontkno:
You came in this thread all sassy cause I got foreigners working in my country. While your entire economy relies on weapon smuggling from Yemen (going to terrorists) & Piracy.

You are clearly jealous Barkhad Abdi :lolbron:

I noticed the amount of Salafist mosques in Borama and then when I was in Hargeisa, this could be a huge problem in the region if it's not checked, with unemployment of youth almost at 70% this is a huge problem waiting to happen.
Hargeisa is split between the Salafists & Deobandi/Tablighi Jamaat (Taliban ideology). Very dangerous that we got the same guys who taught the Taliban roaming around SL teaching folks about their extreme interpretation of Islam with a Hanafi Matuirdi flavour.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
You came in this thread all sassy cause I got foreigners working in my country. While your entire economy relies on weapon smuggling from Yemen (going to terrorists) & Piracy.

You are clearly jealous Barkhad Abdi :lolbron:
If your sambosa triangle state didnt cames to my lands in Sool and Sanaag, we are cool :tocry: .

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
The south is still too volatile to allow any real migration and as long as its menial tasks, its nothing too damaging. However, once things are finally stable, the government needs to have ethnic Somalis be apart of reconstruction instead of allowing foreigners do it
Reconstruct what?

Hargeisa is split between the Salafists & Deobandi/Tablighi Jamaat (Taliban ideology). Very dangerous that we got the same guys who taught the Taliban roaming around SL teaching folks about their extreme interpretation of Islam with a Hanafi Matuirdi flavour.

When the hell did Tabliiqis teach Taliban? Taliban Deoband madrasah aren’t run by Tabliqis, a pacifist group who go around trying to get Muslims to stop chewing khat etc. many Indians and Pakistanis are deobandis but they don’t follow Taliban. and btw, many of those Somali Tabliqis aren’t maturidis or deoband in aqeedah, they just follow their method of Dawah retreats and so forth.

As for the salafis, most of them in Hargeysa/Burco are Saudi Salafis or Ictisam, extremely pro government. Muse Biixi even opens their conferences. They are far from the Taliban and other groups. So what’s with all the scaremongering?

as for the topic, Somali male population is at lowest ebb of existence. Imagine there is rampant employment and some ajanabis are taking meaning labour. Pathetic excuse of a people!

attash

Amaan Duule
Salty that our economy is stronger and attracts workers from other countries, economically we are larger than your province of Somalia. Berbera alone has a larger GDP than PL.
Somaliland's GDP in 2020 was 2.3 billion USD.

The GDP at constant prices rose from US$1.9 billion in 2012 to US$2.3 billion in 2020, and GDP per capita (at current prices; 2017 base year) rose from US$544 to US$697. (page 13, section 3.1)

Puntland's GDP in 2019 was 1.9 billion USD. It's moderately projected GDP in 2020 was 2.2 billion USD.

1712598908391.png

1712598922357.png

Somaliland's GDP is higher, but not by much. Keep in mind, this was during the years SL still had control of Laascaanood.

The GDP at constant prices rose from US$1.9 billion in 2012 to US$2.3 billion in 2020, and GDP per capita (at current prices; 2017 base year) rose from US$544 to US$697. (page 13, section 3.1)

Puntland's GDP in 2019 was 1.9 billion USD. It's moderately projected GDP in 2020 was 2.2 billion USD.

View attachment 323958
View attachment 323959

Somaliland's GDP is higher, but not by much. Keep in mind, this was during the years SL still had control of Laascaanood.
No point even arguing about this. SL is a hell whole with rampant unemployment and the universities degrees aren’t worth more than toilet paper. Unfortunately some diaspora isaaq youths like to create this idea it’s a heaven when half the youth who live there want to or did Tahriib. That it may marginally doing better than the rest of Somalia, is seen a reason of celebration for some, but I see is a form of delusion.

Personally, I think some of the unis across Somalia should be shut down and changed into tech colleges. Then you ban all those Oromos incoming and get Somali youths to actually start working with their hands instead of doing stupid degrees.

Reborn

View attachment 323958
View attachment 323959

Both statistics are ambiguous and estimations at best. One shouldn't really use it as verified numbers.

attash

Amaan Duule
No point even arguing about this. SL is a hell whole with rampant unemployment and the universities degrees aren’t worth more than toilet paper. Unfortunately some diaspora isaaq youths like to create this idea it’s a heaven when half the youth want to or did Tahriib. That it may marginally doing better than the rest of Somalia, is seen a reason of celebration for some, but I see is a form of delusion.
I think it's a good thing for Somalis to compete with each other economically. It is much more useful than arguing over lineage or history.