8,000 Kenyans have secured jobs in Hargeisa

Insanity. These Kenyans travelled over 2,000km to work while the locals sit on their hands waiting for remittance. There should be no excuse not to take up the roles of construction laborers, which I presume constitute the largest share of the jobs these foreigners have taken up.

It is understandable for Kenyans to take up jobs like engineering, teaching, etc. for the time being, with the expectation that these roles being filled by Somalis in the future.

Last edited:
You have ppl wasting their time on useless degrees like finance when they should be doing courses that will allow them to get a job straight from graduation. And they should be setting up workshops that will allow them to learn jobs like construction. I understand importing for jobs like civil/mechanical engineering however though even here your better off importing from Asian countries. Its insane that a place with 70% unemployment has to import workers for median to low wage job because its people suffer from buufis. You would think the leaders would be interesting in leading attempts to reform the local culture but they are the ones that capitulate to complacency and stagnancy instead.

Saw this a couple days ago 8k is a large community Somali cities are a goldmine for ajanabi workers

I can see a lot of other Africans migrating to major Somali cities for employment in different sectors since we are now part of the EAC

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
Some of these folks back home have cooks and maids while family in west breaking back in factory and driving trucks and cooking at home everyday to send money

That’s cap, I’ve seen far more Pakis & Bengalis & Yemenis in Hargeisa than Kenyans/Bantus. I don’t even recall ever seeing a Bantu in Hargeisa last time I went (2018).

Saw this a couple days ago 8k is a large community Somaliweyn is a goldmine for ajanabi workers
What do you think will happen when the EAC agenda goes along further? There's the possibility of those countries exporting more of their job seekers to fill up unwanted jobs. Hard headed locals are sleeping. They will competing with more of these foreigner workers.

What do you think will happen when the EAC agenda goes along further? There's the possibility of those countries exporting more of their job seekers to fill up unwanted jobs. Hard headed locals are sleeping. They will competing with more of these foreigner workers.
Somali workers will lose out big time trust me especially those without technical/vocational training Kenyans especially have a lot of schools were they learn essential trades every county has them

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
The somali kibir is illogical, unfathomable and point blank, nonsensical.

Refusing manual labour has to be one of the shameful tendencies dadkeena have. As a person who has done it, I found it actually fulfilling due to the physicality of it.

I might be out of touch but there must be enough people to work these jobs back home. The whole population can’t have people abroad financing them, ironically by working class job.

The same thing is happening in Somalia btw, north and south. In the cities they are importing the asians now who've displaced the madowweyn/rahanwyen who themselves had taken over ethnic somali jobs due to backwards culture/mannerism. I watched vids of xamar and they were importing africans for all kinds of jobs like cooks and servers. Jobs that locals can do because the employers trust foreign workers more, even when ethnic somalis are willing to do the job.
The whole decision to join EAC is potentially a disaster imo, there should be efforts in encouraging he locals to do traditionally undesirable work and to force the employers to employ locally.

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”
VIP
The same thing is happening in Somalia btw, north and south. In the cities they are importing the asians now who've displaced the madowweyn/rahanwyen who themselves had taken over ethnic somali jobs due to backwards culture/mannerism. I watched vids of xamar and they were importing africans for all kinds of jobs like cooks and servers. Jobs that locals can do because the employers trust foreign workers more, even when ethnic somalis are willing to do the job.
The whole decision to join EAC is potentially a disaster imo, there should be efforts in incentive's and encouraging he locals to do traditionally undesirable work and to force the employers to employ locally.
Reewin are ethnically Somali :stressed:

The somali kibir is illogical, unfathomable and point blank, nonsensical.

Refusing manual labour has to be one of the shameful tendencies dadkeena have. As a person who has done it, I found it actually fulfilling due to the physicality of it.

I might be out of touch but there must be enough people to work these jobs back home. The whole population can’t have people abroad financing them, ironically by working class job.
You're right, there are people who don't receive remittances and meet the criteria for these manual jobs.

That’s cap, I’ve seen far more Pakis & Bengalis & Yemenis in Hargeisa than Kenyans/Bantus. I don’t even recall ever seeing a Bantu in Hargeisa last time I went (2018).
I saw many Kenyans, even working in restaurants as waiters. But mostly Pakis/bengalis do construction your right.

When the civil war generation dies out, dadkeena war baa uu yaala, western raised kids aren’t going to feel as obligated to pay when compared with their parents.

When the civil war generation dies out, dadkeena war baa uu yaala, western raised kids aren’t going to feel as obligated to pay when compared with their parents.
I have Uncles & Aunts who came as teens already pulling the plug. It sad cause they ain’t got no work ethic, but they gotta fend for themselves.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Trending