5 Simple ways to Audit Somali Friendships after 25 years of Age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look through your phone and use this simple step to audit your friendships. I bet half of you will need to change your phone numbers after this.

*Note some of you reading this might be in for a surprise.

1) No Credit Cards:

Any dooqon without a credit card will always make poor decisions. Who remembers the first friend who had a credit card and rented vehicles for the neighbourhood. Guess what happened to him? Claimed bankruptcy over a rollover Abdi did on the I-95 because he didn't take insurance. These guys live on burning bridges, delete all these individuals from your phone.

2) Email Transfers never lie:

If you sent an email transfer to a grown ass man to support his bad habit please delete this individual from your contact list. There's men with more recipients than contacts. Go figure.

3) Lives with 5 roommates.

This one is easy because you can pick off all 5 individuals at once. When grown men live in tight quarters like meerkats it's time you desolve all relations with these duuliis.

4) Doesn't Eat Sushi

Don't trust anyone who doesn't eat sushi.

5) Hasn't left there city in 5 years.

Any Neef who's hasn't left a 10km Radius of their city is self-shackled. These types usually never eat sushi, have no credit, spot hop homes and love asking for email transfers.

Start purging your phones and thank me later.

I don't eat sushi but I will eat other foreign foods. Do I need to neck myself kkk.

What about the guy that always talks shit?

I got a few friends that I send email transfers to. They're good at paying me back though so it's not really a problem. :cosbyhmm:

I got a few friends that I send email transfers to. They're good at paying me back so it's not really a problem. :cosbyhmm:

You aren't Abdi Express. Some dudes treat their friends like American Express. If they have credit cards and live with less than 2 roommates don't delete them.

Me too, I have a credit card and I never activated it lol. I do my car payments, so that helps my score, but not as fast.

It's your inner Tuuq (Thief) that was developed going up as a youth in low income housing like the most of us. Now that you are developing into adulthood please start using your credit card and making payments on time all the time. Having a deactivate credit card is like having a car with no wheels. You still got the car mind you, but you are going nowhere fast!

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
It's your inner Tuuq (Thief) that was developed going up as a youth in low income housing like the most of us. Now that you are developing into adulthood please start using your credit card and making payments on time all the time. Having a deactivate credit card is like having a car with no wheels. You still got the car mind you, but you are going nowhere fast!
Yeah, will do man. Thanks!

Credit cards are scam anyway. You basically buy goods/services with borrowed money and pay the money back with 20-30% interest. Debt card is better put some money there and pay as you go I found it to reduce my expenditure and helped me saving. All the money I saved goes for hagbad and buying land in SL.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Am I the only person who uses debit cards for almost every transaction? My credit card is never used.

If you're relatively well off I doubt an obscenely high credit score will change much in this country.

In America that shit blocks you from everything. There are also so many ways to build credit here it's kind of crazy. Overdraft itself is credit building ironically enough. Combine that with your savings account and having your credit card card more or less just insures you can borrow more and get an increased line.

I wouldn't call the card worthless but you can live comfortably without it in your 20s. Once you have a family it's time to do what vix does. Pay off your bills with it and then immediately pay it back when your check comes in. That way you can borrow whatever you want down the road if need be.

I don't use credit cards, and I don't see why you should use them. I don't want to get remotely involved in any riba transaction, loans anything. Is getting a brand new car you can't afford really worth it when you consider how bad usury is in islam, when you can get a used car that gets you from point a to point b, is a mortgage necessary when renting will do you just fine?

and why should I eat sushi?

if I had such shallow friends I would hope they purge me from their contact list.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I don't use credit cards, and I don't see why you should use them. I don't want to get remotely involved in any riba transaction, loans anything. Is getting a brand new car you can't afford really worth it when you consider how bad usury is in islam, when you can get a used car that gets you from point a to point b, is a mortgage necessary when renting will do you just fine?

and why should I eat sushi?

if I had such shallow friends I would hope they purge me from their contact list.

Not being able to own your own home is a little harsher than credit. Doesn't change the Islamic ruling but it's not the same. Renting is volatile and in some cities can leave you very much unsure on your future.

Some folk get the good ol' "move out in a few weeks I'm selling this place" treatment and after a while it can weigh on you. You are always answering to another person with zero autonomy.

Not being able to own your own home is a little harsher than credit. Doesn't change the Islamic ruling but it's not the same. Renting is volatile and in some cities can leave you very much unsure on your future.

Some folk get the good ol' "move out in a few weeks I'm selling this place" treatment and after a while it can weigh on you. You are always answering to another person with zero autonomy.

this guy explains why homeownership is not that great :
and it also inflates the prices of homes over the decades, because of the interest.

I understand renting puts you in a position to be evicted at any moment, but it isn't terrible either when you weigh the pros and cons (and I'd say the punishment for engaging in ribaa is pretty bad :vo3yidw:). and with house buying there's also the risk of foreclosure so there's that too..

Last edited:
But I use credit cards for small purchases here and there and pay it all of at the start of a new month, you don't even have to do it urself if u set up a direct debit payment.

I want good credit scores and points :lawd:

this guy explains why homeownership is not that great :
and it also inflates the prices of homes over the decades, because of the interest.

I understand renting puts you in a position to be evicted at any moment, but it isn't terrible either when you weigh the pros and cons (and I'd say the punishment for engaging in ribaa is pretty bad :vo3yidw:). and with house buying there's also the risk of foreclosure so there's that too..

Truth is, most people are just not prudent enough to save what they would be paying in mortgages and put it in other assets, like the stock market. And one can easily be wiped out by a crash like 2008 which can easily happen again, whereas with real estate unless one is speculating and leveraged themselves to the hilt, you are generally guaranteed your asset will perform a little over the rate of inflation and will be enough to retire on when you sell it 30-40 years from now when you retire. There are plenty of alternatives to riba mortgages, by the way. You should look into them.

Just don't drink the kool-aid that it will make you wealthy. That is what creates a bubble.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.