Zayn Malik says he "no longer considers himself a Muslim"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kratos

Sonder
I agree with you on certain things.

There’s no point in having laws because everything is subjective. The only laws it makes sense to abide by is God’s laws and you agree that if God did exist you would be willing to follow His laws instead of man made rules, right?

And I agree you can’t proof the existence of God. The idea of proof is having absolute certainty but I believe nothing has absolute certainty including religion, science, maths . However we have reason and it is through reason, I believe in the existence of God.

No, the only laws it makes sense to abide by are reasonable ones. A reasonable law is one that has been created rationally. Not everything is subjective. A subjective thing is something which is based on feelings or opinions. We can challenge people's opinions with facts can we not? The vast majority of humans want to live in a society that is peaceful and prosperous. This is not an opinion, this is a fact. In order to achieve this we need rules and regulations. In light of this, how can you say that there is no point in having laws?

The question isn't about whether we need laws or not (we do), it's about what laws should we put in place. The answer: reasonable ones. In the same way you used reason to come to the conclusion that Islam is the truth, we can use reason to determine what laws are appropriate. Reason is not subjective. We can pit arguments against each other and determine which is the best one. My point was that it is entirely unreasonable to prescribe the death penalty to someone who literally just changed their mind. You say it's reasonable just because it's justified by your religion, right?

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Remember when everyone had a crush on himo_O new he looks like a full on crack head.
This is what the industry is based on they worship Satan and look at him as freeing humans from living by what God says and they live by "do what thy wants". Very conceded arrogant these guys actually think they won't die since they'll become transhuman

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
No, the only laws it makes sense to abide by are reasonable ones. A reasonable law is one that has been created rationally. Not everything is subjective. A subjective thing is something which is based on feelings or opinions. We can challenge people's opinions with facts can we not? The vast majority of humans want to live in a society that is peaceful and prosperous. This is not an opinion, this is a fact. In order to achieve this we need rules and regulations. In light of this, how can you say that there is no point in having laws?

The question isn't about whether we need laws or not (we do), it's about what laws should we put in place. The answer: reasonable ones. In the same way you used reason to come to the conclusion that Islam is the truth, we can use reason to determine what laws are appropriate. Reason is not subjective. We can pit arguments against each other and determine which is the best one. My point was that it is entirely unreasonable to prescribe the death penalty to someone who literally just changed their mind. You say it's reasonable just because it's justified by your religion, right?

Reason is subjective, what you find reasonable may not be what another person finds reasonable. Also putting arguments against each other doesn’t guarantee everyone will agree on a law. So, why should you be forcing others to abide by rules which they have not chosen?

Unless you think some people are born superior than others, you agree that every man should live by their own laws, right?

Kratos

Sonder
Reason is subjective, what you find reasonable may not be what another person finds reasonable. Also putting arguments against each other doesn’t guarantee everyone will agree on a law. So, why should you be forcing others to abide by rules which they have not chosen?

Unless you think some people are born superior than others, you agree that every man should live by their own laws, right?

Reason isn't subjective, it's the application of logic and facts. It's not like an opinion, where if you give an argument, someone can just say "I don't agree with your reasoning because that's my opinion". In order for someone to challenge your reasoning they need to be able to challenge the validity of the facts and assumptions your reasoning is based on. It is the opposite of subjectivity. In order to pass a law there doesn't need to be an absolute consensus of view points. So long as the majority of people agree, then it is reasonable. It's called democracy and it's the foundation with which all the most prosperous and egalitarian societies today are built on. People should be forced to follow these laws because they have been chosen by society. If you don't agree with the laws that have been passed, you can either come up with valid reasons as to why they should be rectified or leave elsewhere.

I don't believe any human is born superior to another except in intelligence, strength and height. I also believe that every man has the freedom to live how he wishes, so long as his actions do not violate the freedoms of another. If you want to live by your own laws then you can go create your own society. Otherwise we will all live together in a society were our laws have been designed to ensure the welfare of all people as best as possible.

Last edited:
I don’t know why but when I read the thread I pictured this guy

upload_2018-11-17_7-5-21.jpeg

Their names are nowhere near the same lol but I opened this thread ASAP thinking :mugshotman::mugshotman:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending