Yusuf may well be the new barkad abdi atp

pinkyandthebrain

SIGMUND
VIP
You're now placing words I never said to shift the conversation away from the focus on the topic's extent. No one said that not a single Somali was or ever will be bullied (statistically that is not probable and has never been for any group, but it will not spike because of this nonsense and it was always way lower than other groups for reasons stated) but what you wrote was false for reasons I stated which is supported by how things play out in the real world.

I think maybe this reflects on your personal background or how you get affected by internet nonsense that has no special bearing on the average Somali, high schooler, or any age. The fact that you call it a humiliation ritual also exposes how you perceive it from an exaggerated victim lens.

You've shown a history here where the internet affects you very much in your personal life. My advice is to find a healthy ground and stop using it the way you do.
It doesn't affect me anymore. If it does how comes I don't make these type of thread anymore? I'm just stating the truth. This will affect vulnerable Somalis who are at a tender age.

It doesn't affect me anymore. If it does how comes I don't make these type of thread anymore? I'm just stating the truth. This will affect vulnerable Somalis who are at a tender age.
I'm here to tell you that the way you are reacting, even the perceived projected effects of tweets or TikTok videos, is way out of normal. You are giving it more life than it has by tons since it is very rarely noticed in real life. You got to deal with that problem on a personal side but it does not reflect us as a people. The fact that you think Somalis are "vulnerable" in front of ajnabi peers is almost as if you don't know Somalis.

You see yourself as a weak victim. That complex has to change.

pinkyandthebrain

SIGMUND
VIP
I'm here to tell you that the way you are reacting, even the perceived projected effects of tweets or TikTok videos, is way out of normal. You are giving it more life than it has by tons since it is very rarely noticed in real life. You got to deal with that problem on a personal side but it does not reflect us as a people. The fact that you think Somalis are "vulnerable" in front of ajnabi peers is almost as if you don't know Somalis.

You see yourself as a weak victim. That complex has to change.
I don't see myself as a victim because I can defend myself and no one will dare to say anything because they are deep down afraid of Somalis. So maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. But we don't know what fully happens in school. Anyways is not really going to affect us adults.

You've internalized the internet too much. Somalis are not the victim types, this bullying narrative is weird. Our issue is that we're too aggressive, not timid. I've never met a Somali who was bullied, ever. This forum went to strange lengths constructing, or should I say, fabricating this strange element.:ftw9nwa:

I have never had a stereotype thrown at me other than pirate tropes, maybe twice, when I was much younger and that was met with hilarious killer roasting combos, never serious. As I said, people here are too neurotic.
Also, speculating about potential bullying of Somali kids due to stereotypes emerging on social media is such an amorphous concern that lacks any substance.

How do you quantify the amount of people seeing this information in relation to how many people will be affected by it? How do you know if the people seeing these stereotypes will take it seriously?

How do you know if other ethnic groups aren’t being affected by stereotypes in the same way, such that Somali stereotypes on social media might actually be average compared to the stereotyping of all ethnicities worldwide?

In other words how do you know that Somali stereotypes being spread online isn’t just a symptom of modern technology changing the social landscape and your particular point of view is skewing your judgement which might also be due to modern technology being good at showing people their worst fears? There’s so many questions to ask before people make statements about how Somali kids in schools are going to be bullied.

In my opinion a lot of people on this forum are either too young to handle the internet or they’re mentally unfit to, which leads them to this angst filled mission to defend Somalis from this non-existent threat created from their unhealthily low sense of self worth and desire to seek out attacks on social media and magnify its affects which in turn feeds on their victimhood complex because they think that everyone is out for their identity.

I can’t believe this personality disorder https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-defeating_personality_disorder isn’t part of the DSM, there’s a examples on this forum that would warrant a good reason to officially add it on.

Last edited:
Also, speculating about potential bullying of Somali kids due to stereotypes emerging on social media is such an amorphous concern that lacks any substance.

How do you quantify the amount of people seeing this information in relation to how many people will be affected by it? How do you know if the people seeing these stereotypes will take it seriously?

How do you know if other ethnic groups aren’t being affected by stereotypes in the same way, such that Somali stereotypes on social media might actually be average compared to the stereotyping of all ethnicities worldwide?

In other words how do you know that Somali stereotypes being spread online isn’t just a symptom of modern technology changing the social landscape and your particular point of view is skewing your judgement which might also be due to modern technology being good at showing people their worst fears? There’s so many questions to ask before people make statements about how Somali kids in schools are going to be bullied.

In my opinion a lot of people on this forum are either too young to handle the internet or they’re mentally unfit to, which leads them to this angst filled mission to defend Somalis from this non-existent threat created from their unhealthily low sense of self worth and desire to seek out attacks on social media and magnify its affects which in turn feeds on their victimhood complex because they think that everyone is out for their identity.

I can’t believe this personality disorder https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-defeating_personality_disorder isn’t part of the DSM, there’s a examples on this forum that would warrant a good reason to officially add it on.
I agree with you , tiktok etc is not the real world. Algorithm feeds people this stuff if they consume it . So they believe it is everywhere.

I wanted to refrain from using clinical pathological language, shying away from a mean utilization of modern Western psychological jargon as a mechanism for argumentative reinforcement, as it makes me feel like a bully, ironically.:icon lol:

But I must say that self-defeating personality disorder (however exact/particular it sounds, having been replaced with plenty of other disorders or general behavior without specified designation) a fetish for victimhood is a dangerous, low-spirit practice that in circular convulsion feeds upon itself, giving it a higher, undeserved sense of presence. So i.e., a non-issue becomes an issue.

What do you think about this notion of the construction of collective victimhood identity as a process for us versus them in-group strengthening? I do think sometimes that, though I am not naive in thinking that the world is ideal (not everyone is going to love you even if you were the best, so there should be a healthy level of expectation), outward paranoia is an indirect phenomenon of contracting the Somalis by saying, look at all those people and how they all hate us. Essentially from a different perspective, such a reaction can, in turn, serve as a way to bring a sense of tightened ethnic peoplehood when one does not appeal to other typical markers of ethnic definition and healthy ethnic social engagement.

To the point of beating a dead horse, I've highlighted how the algorithm of social media enlarges all Somali activities through un-representative frequency for the Somali user, providing an illusion. The people trapped in this wider reactive echo chamber tailor-sent to their history of activities should be cognizant of this un-representative skew, instead spending time minding towards better cultural education, actively participating in positive re-enforcement to offset the forces of social media spirals.

Kisame

Plotting world domination

I wanted to refrain from using clinical pathological language, shying away from a mean utilization of modern Western psychological jargon as a mechanism for argumentative reinforcement, as it makes me feel like a bully, ironically.:icon lol:

But I must say that self-defeating personality disorder (however exact/particular it sounds, having been replaced with plenty of other disorders or general behavior without specified designation) a fetish for victimhood is a dangerous, low-spirit practice that in circular convulsion feeds upon itself, giving it a higher, undeserved sense of presence. So i.e., a non-issue becomes an issue.

What do you think about this notion of the construction of collective victimhood identity as a process for us versus them in-group strengthening? I do think sometimes that, though I am not naive in thinking that the world is ideal (not everyone is going to love you even if you were the best, so there should be a healthy level of expectation), outward paranoia is an indirect phenomenon of contracting the Somalis by saying, look at all those people and how they all hate us. Essentially from a different perspective, such a reaction can, in turn, serve as a way to bring a sense of tightened ethnic peoplehood when one does not appeal to other typical markers of ethnic definition and healthy ethnic social engagement.

To the point of beating a dead horse, I've highlighted how the algorithm of social media enlarges all Somali activities through un-representative frequency for the Somali user, providing an illusion. The people trapped in this wider reactive echo chamber tailor-sent to their history of activities should be cognizant of this un-representative skew, instead spending time minding towards better cultural education, actively participating in positive re-enforcement to offset the forces of social media spirals.

If we're being honest. A miskeen Somali kid with no somali community around them will always be a target for bullies. Especially if they live in the hood.
These kids were getting bullied way before yusuf7n and barkhad abdi hopped on the scene.

We can stop this from happening by bringing awareness to this issue. All Somali parents need to know about the potential cons about raising your children in an area with no Somali community.

I'd honestly only recommend it to middle/upper class families that can afford to let their kids participate in sports or school organizations. These activities would help them assimilate and make friends with the non somalis they live around.

If we're being honest. A miskeen Somali kid with no somali community around them will always be a target for bullies. Especially if they live in the hood.
These kids were getting bullied way before yusuf7n and barkhad abdi hopped on the scene.

We can stop this from happening by bringing awareness to this issue. All Somali parents need to know about the potential cons about raising your children in an area with no Somali community.

I'd honestly only recommend it to middle/upper class families that can afford to let their kids participate in sports or school organizations. These activities would help them assimilate and make friends with the non somalis they live around.
If someone bullies you then you would have been bullied, not because you are a Somali, but because you looked like an easy target for bullies. You lack a basic understanding of how this even works. No one gets bullied for being a Somali. It is rather that a weak Somali will get bullied for being weak -- a victim who would have been marked, even if social media did not exist. So that guy who you hypothetically bring up is bullied for being so-called "miskeen" and cannot stand up for himself. This is the case for all male bully-victims.

If we're being honest. A miskeen Somali kid with no somali community around them will always be a target for bullies. Especially if they live in the hood."

Again, that is not true. Every Somali I know that had a small or nonexistent Somali community growing up in their environment was always very well integrated within their environments and is usually very socially apt and normally popular with a good extended social circle. They regularly have way more diverse ajnabi friends and fair very well generally.

The bottom line is, that Somalis with big or small Somali communities are very unrepresented in this forced topic. Bullying happens in rare exceptional cases but those people are bullied for very individual reasons that have nothing to do with them being ethnic Somalis.

If you want to talk about the very relatively insignificant bullying count then we can do that in honest respect, instead of taking this pathetic angle since it does not reflect reality. I rather Somalis never be reduced to that but it happens in rare moments and there are general characteristics as to why it happens which is in every single case that the victim is viewed as weak, a trait very alien to Somalis who defend themselves no matter where, the community no community, and never a primary source of ethnic origin.

pinkyandthebrain

SIGMUND
VIP
If someone bullies you then you would have been bullied, not because you are a Somali, but because you looked like an easy target for bullies. You lack a basic understanding of how this even works. No one gets bullied for being a Somali. It is rather that a weak Somali will get bullied for being weak -- a victim who would have been marked, even if social media did not exist. So that guy who you hypothetically bring up is bullied for being so-called "miskeen" and cannot stand up for himself. This is the case for all male bully-victims.

If we're being honest. A miskeen Somali kid with no somali community around them will always be a target for bullies. Especially if they live in the hood."

Again, that is not true. Every Somali I know that had a small or nonexistent Somali community growing up in their environment was always very well integrated within their environments and is usually very socially apt and normally popular with a good extended social circle. They regularly have way more diverse ajnabi friends and fair very well generally.

The bottom line is, that Somalis with big or small Somali communities are very unrepresented in this forced topic. Bullying happens in rare exceptional cases but those people are bullied for very individual reasons that have nothing to do with them being ethnic Somalis.

If you want to talk about the very relatively insignificant bullying count then we can do that in honest respect, instead of taking this pathetic angle since it does not reflect reality. I rather Somalis never be reduced to that but it happens in rare moments and there are general characteristics as to why it happens which is in every single case that the victim is viewed as weak, a trait very alien to Somalis who defend themselves no matter where, the community no community, and never a primary source of ethnic origin.
I know someone that got bullied for being somali in school recently. They would violate his ethncitiy. Not saying is a common occurrence but it definitely happens.

There no need to Somalis to use the idea of us vs them mentality, we already share deen, language, culture, ethnic/ancestral ties and so much more. In my opinion if you want to tie the Somali community in the west with even stronger bonds you need areas where Somalis will gather together when they’re middle class, work together and trust each other from a business sense and build after school lessons where kids can learn about their culture, language and have a more coherent and deeper understanding of their identity. These are all things the Yuhuud do but they also do the in group persecution complex thing too tbh, so that might also be necessary for Somalis to stick together on some level, however that only seems to be useful in warlike situations where your community/nation is actually in danger, it was probably also beneficial in the past to prevent diseases from spreading but that’s neither here nor there.
100% agree.

There no need to Somalis to use the idea of us vs them mentality, we already share deen, language, culture, ethnic/ancestral ties and so much more. In my opinion if you want to tie the Somali community in the west with even stronger bonds you need areas where Somalis will gather together when they’re middle class, work together and trust each other from a business sense and build after school lessons where kids can learn about their culture, language and have a more coherent and deeper understanding of their identity. These are all things the Yuhuud do but they also do the in group persecution complex thing too tbh, so that might also be necessary for Somalis to stick together on some level, however that only seems to be useful in warlike situations where your community/nation is actually in danger, it was probably also beneficial in the past to prevent diseases from spreading but that’s neither here nor there.

100% agree.
I meant it in the sense that the people obsessed with that compensate by using that as an identity marker instead of participating in whatever one considers traits of Somali identity enjoining the ethnic collective values.

In-group/out-group happens with everyone and is a fundamental distinguisher and definer, as deep down, ethnic groups are a larger set of tribalism, such as nations too, collective efforts that need to delineate firm boundaries from the other. This is one of the core understandings in group definitions in anthropological understanding described in many ethnographic perspectives.

But this internet craze with victim self-perception, in my opinion, might be a mechanism for people with a weak sense of identity to enjoin some resemblance of Somaliness through paranoia, instead of educating themselves in the culture, language, norms, values, traditions, etc., to spark confidence. If you have low ethnic esteem, then you will project a persecution complex at large, attempting to rile suspicious of "outsiders" and strengthening the bond within. To them, ethnic victimhood is a convenient proxy to derive meaning. Further, it can maybe even come from a concern of possibly diasporan diffusion where identity can get watered down from their perspective as they make the oversight in using their personal identity insecurity as a standard for the status quo, thus obsessing with any attacks Somalis face in benign and inconsequential instances to use that as a glue to strengthening ethnic bond but also serves as actions to reinforce a sense of individual Somaliness in light of personal weak identity disposition.

This is just me trying to intellectualize the nonsense I have seen over the years as it has become too redundant in saying the same truisms.

The Jewish persecution complex is severe and is part of their religion (thus seeped into their culture), which is why they are very sensitive and actively susceptible to confirmation bias for perceived and real prejudice in quite fetishistic ways, since in their minds, it confirms their "special" status. I went into it briefly the other day.

By the way, it is important to distinguish real danger and noise. The far majority of this is the latter, while some rhetoric that carries populist anti-immigrant or racist language in trend-like forms should be noted. That is why I disliked how Trump used American Somalis as an example of bad immigrants. Nationalistic populism is something one should watch out for, and this is a general thing for all immigrants.