Youtubers misinforming the public about Somalis .

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
Who remembers this guy?

Bahador Alast a notorious youtuber who's known for broadcasting contents such as " similarities between languages".

Not long ago a similar video was published (approximately 6 months ago)
Similarities between Somali and Arabic and was trending due to the rapid amount of viewers it had almost 300k viewers just like the channel's other videos and was trending.
Even a thread was made on here to appreciate this content
https://www.somalispot.com/threads/somali-arabic-similarities.59008/

Apparently what struck me was , the video on YT strangely vanished , as I tried to search for it due to my research on Afro-asiatic language branches and yet no one notices nothing odd on his channel .
https://youtu.be/blaXPOmuLTE

Until this video was uploaded 2 weeks ago

Strangely enough his videos on Amharic/Tigrigna were uploaded months before Somali was and are still viewable on his channel .

Isn't it strange?

Why did he deleted an informative video based on somali content , are there hidden intentions that were not aware of ?

What's with these youtubers like Masaman and HomeTeamHistory deliberately misinforming the public about Somalis .
It's like they are knowledgeable about somalis but have slightly not the best intentions to portray us as they portray the rest of ethnicities and nationalities.

Masaman claimed on his recent videos that Somalis were in fact Abbysinnians and part of their Kingdom. This is not the first time he made these blatant statements about us , you can feel his grudges against us always portraying us negatively whenever he mentions us .

Here's one of the videos where he claimed we were part of Abbysinnia

Videos where we were mentioned less in his HOA video Habeshas were over-represented on this popular video and Somalis addressed passively negative .

Forget about him
Let's dive into one of our biggest haters

HomeTeamHistory

What's up with this coon

Remember Araweelo?

https://youtu.be/2M4x0cgMBqY

The video published years ago went missing for fours years , resurfaced and have tons of comments of madows admiring Araweelo.

This Youtuber hates Somalis and you can see it in his eyes whenever addressing us
I won't blame him if Madows were to ignite genocide on us afro centrist pricks like him will be solemly accountable .

Remember his recent videos on Oromos , claiming we were invaders pushing them out of their lands .

Have you noticed the fact where he indirectly mentioned somalis on African Slave Trade video yet our people are doqomo will give this guy subscribe and clout .

We need to watch out be aware that these people if given the chance to study our history they will fucking change the narratives but we are here focusing on hebel hebel lets keep our affairs to ourselves .

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
That Somali girl who took part of the original video (on Bahador Alast) had poor Somali language skills and likely requested the video to be taken down out of embarrassment. I can't believe you thought it was because of Somalophobia. That makes no sense.

As for Masaman, he is a beginner who pretends to be extremely knowledgeable. The guy is in his early 20s and has no formal anthropology education. Of course he can make mistakes.

General Asad

And What Is Not There Is Always More Than There.
Time for ua to take back our history and rewrite it to make us the heroes.

We should start by saying that ethiopians were our slaves and photoshop photos of thrm doing crazy stuff. We'll say it happened at around 1600s-1900s.
Tit for tat.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
That Somali girl who took part of the original video (on Bahador Alast) had poor Somali language skills and likely requested the video to be taken down out of embarrassment. I can't believe you thought it was because of Somalophobia. That makes no sense.

As for Masaman, he is a beginner who pretends to be extremely knowledgeable. The guy is in his early 20s and has no formal anthropology education. Of course he can make mistakes.

Tbh that video looked normal and informative.
Exchanges between both languages, the contrasts between semitic and cushitic languages .

Somaliphobia is an ongoing issue, afrocentrists and MENA foreigners are igniting hatred,
As a Somali I'm just raising awareness and letting our people know.

This isn't the first time our narratives have been narrated differently, our people portrayed negatively.
We are clueless and we got ourselves to blame for.
The middle easterners are not and probably never will acknowledge that we have a distinct language than Arabic, they give the world the impression that we speak broken arabic and some nacasyo among us are willing to misinterpret and misrepresent us.
See this is the problem within Somalis we don't have articulate countrymen representing Somali history instead we have qabiil experts exposing vulnerablilty and gullibility to outsiders .

We are literally on the verges of falling of a cliff either way ,
no one is interested to preserve our long dying rich culture .

Sooner or later we will be people with no history .

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP

We should start by saying that ethiopians were our slaves and photoshop photos of thrm doing crazy stuff. We'll say it happened at around 1600s-1900s.
Tit for tat.

We need to be careful our real enemies are afrocentrists and MENA governments,
if we are unified then we are be able to maintain our sovereignty then such existential threats can be deterred.

In the meantime we cannot prevent foreign interventions in our own lands as each rival clans refuse to comply with the federal government rather they prefer self ruling autonamous states.

The divided we are , the weaker and fragile we become , and easier to be conquered or incorporated

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
@Abdi Hanson we need to archive as much of our history and traditions as possible. As for Afrocentric losers, majority of people rightfully view them as non-credible revisionists with a racial agenda I wouldn’t stress about what they say lol

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP

Tit for tat.
I was not one to make IQ jokes but this... this is something. :snoop:

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Tbh that video looked normal and informative.
Exchanges between both languages, the contrasts between semitic and cushitic languages .

Somaliphobia is an ongoing issue, afrocentrists and MENA foreigners are igniting hatred,
As a Somali I'm just raising awareness and letting our people know.

This isn't the first time our narratives have been narrated differently, our people portrayed negatively.
We are clueless and we got ourselves to blame for.
The middle easterners are not and probably never will acknowledge that we have a distinct language than Arabic, they give the world the impression that we speak broken arabic and some nacasyo among us are willing to misinterpret and misrepresent us.
See this is the problem within Somalis we don't have articulate countrymen representing Somali history instead we have qabiil experts exposing vulnerablilty and gullibility to outsiders .

We are literally on the verges of falling of a cliff either way ,
no one is interested to preserve our long dying rich culture .

Sooner or later we will be people with no history .
Somaliphobia is a rational reaction to Somalis over representation in anti-social behaviors such as crime, unemployment and segregation. It's not something you can fix by making people aware of a history you had 100 of years ago which had no impact on human civilization whatsoever. If you really want people to be less prejudicial towards Somali then you must change your community.

pablo

Make Dhulos Great Again
It’s because majority of geeljires are Muslim, conservatives and uncuckable:manny: and I agree, depending on which Somali u speak to u will get a different take on Somali history and that’s because we got to many tribalists. There is not establishment in Somalia that teaches Somali history to the children the qabilist parents are left to brainwash them. So that’s one of the first things that needs to be changed, it will have a huge impact and hopefully bring people together.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.