Youthful Regrets

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the summer of my youth before I lost all my teeth and my full head of hair, long before your father discharged himself into your mother to create you, I attended a Dawah course run by Ahmed Deedat on how to convert the People of the Book, the mushrikun, and all God's chillun. Back then I was a Tablighi and liked to rub shoulders with celebrity sheikhs.

The event was taped by an Islamic centre and there was a fee to get in. For the cost of a restaurant meal one got a face to face tutorial from the most seasoned Muslim apologist chock full of practical handouts with nifty titles such as "Karbaashing the Zionist-Crusaders" and "How To Win Debates with Spikey-Haired Lesbian Feminists With More Piercings Than A Dartboard". Or something like that.

The joint was jumping with a lot of excitable young wadaads fired up by the live gig, the flowing vimto which looked liked wine but wasn't, and a good time was had by all.

Here's my problem: In a fit of religious intoxication I strode up to the microphone during the Q & A in full view of the cameras and posed a question to the vindaloo smelling Indian buffoon. An extensive Google search notwithstanding I've never actually seen the video, whether I feature in it, or even if the Salafi gang ever got around to distribute the tape, but somehow I think it might come to bite me in the ass and wreck my secular image when I bag the Nobel Prize for defeating the donkey screwing towelheads of the Wahabbi fitna .

What are your regrets?

Genie

The last suugo bender
can you tell me a little bit more about the Islam you believe in i wanna know more about it. :farmajoyaab:

can you tell me a little bit more about the Islam you believe in i wanna know more about it. :farmajoyaab:
I believe in a rational, humane, compassionate, and scientific Islam free of the hatred and barbarism with which the Gulf States have imbued it. The Islam where the prophet forgave the people who stoned him within almost an inch of his life.

Genie

The last suugo bender
I believe in a rational, humane, compassionate, and scientific Islam free of the hatred and barbarism with which the Gulf States have imbued it. The Islam where the prophet forgave the people who stoned him within almost an inch of his life.

And so do i. :samwelcome:

I still wanna know more detail by detail i shall like to learn more , gimme books to read and what not.

ALL. Absolutely ALL. pls and thank u,
Okay, let me think. I will spread this out to multiple posts as the names come to me.

The most rational and intelligent sheikh is Dr Shabir Ally. He's got a massive beard that makes him look like a fundamentalist, but don't let that fool you. He's the greatest enemy of extremism and the sweetest guy in the world. He runs a wonderful topical show called Let The Quran Speak that takes on controversial subjects in Islam and urges a civilised approach to the deen that is fit for the 21st century. He debunks medieval interpretations of Islam that abuse human rights using religious texts. A sample video:

@shan-futo-le

I have a soft spot for Ayad Jamal al-Din. He's an Iraqi cleric who campaigns for a liberal and tolerant society. He wears a robe and a turban, but his mind is sharper than a lion's claw. Find him on YouTube

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
I was very promiscuous back in the day :susp:well thats what i tell myself every night :damn:i am soo lonely :damn:

@shan-futo-le

I respect the Sudanese academic Abdullahi Ahmed An Naim. He teaches Islamic studies at an American university. He writes about how to reconcile Islam and freedom in a secular age. Great man. Check out his writings and vids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending