What's with this latest craze of young Somali guys, and emulating Madow men hairstyles?

Yes, traditionally some Somali men had long hair, or coiled hair, but in our ethnic group, plaits are reserved for women. Yes, they're not in Somalia or raised in Somalia, but I do wonder if they are breaking Islamic laws here.

Plaits are for women;

1711313097882.png

1711313197306.png

Somali men:

1711313058934.png

018.jpg

1711313068618.png

1711313078148.png

The prophet peace be upon him used to have plaits in his hair.

He braided it himself, SAW. And in 4 braids, not dozens of little plaits, like these guys.

Abu Dawood (4191) narrated that Umm Haani’ (may Allah be pleased with her) said: The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) came to Makkah with four braids.

Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

What the hadith indicates is that the hair of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) was almost shoulder length in most cases, and that sometimes it might become so long that he would braid it. This is to be understood as referring to situations in which a long time passed during which he paid little attention to his hair, such as when he was very busy or travelling and the like

rayxn3

πŸ§šβ€β™€οΈ
What's with this latest craze of young Somali guys, and emulating Madow men hairstyles?

Yes, traditionally some Somali men had long hair, or coiled hair, but in our ethnic group, plaits are reserved for women. Yes, they're not in Somalia or raised in Somalia, but I do wonder if they are breaking Islamic laws here.

Plaits are for women;

View attachment 321545
View attachment 321546

Somali men:

View attachment 321542

View attachment 321541

View attachment 321543

View attachment 321544
I don’t think they know how to take care of their curls so they just get plaits. I was at an Ethiopian hair salon a while ago getting my hair done and some Somali boys came to get their hair braided lol πŸ’€ They were told to come back later bc a lot of girls there were hijabis

I don’t think they know how to take care of their curls so they just get plaits. I was at an Ethiopian hair salon a while ago getting my hair done and some Somali boys came to get their hair braided lol πŸ’€ They were told to come back later bc a lot of girls there were hijabis

They do know sis, they can oil, cream their hair and comb it. They just want to copy those rappers, it's the latest fashion

Plaits are for women;

View attachment 321545
View attachment 321546

Somali men:

View attachment 321542

View attachment 321541

View attachment 321543

View attachment 321544
So our parents do have a valid point that plaits and certain hairstyles are only meant for women, I thought they were being strictπŸ€”

Wonyluvr

β€œla vie en roseπŸ₯€ ~”
VIP
I don’t have a problem with it per day however Somali guys look better with long hair without plaits in it

Trending

Latest posts