Young Somali diaspora

What’s with the obsession with qabil for these 20 something year olds in Europe? And what’s with the bracelet wearing non sense there on? Anyone noticed this phenomenon on twitter and instagram? I went on the maliworldent Instagram a month back or so. The post was something about qabil. These little fucks in the comments were saying shit like “habar jeclo till I dhimo” “marexan 4 life” “imagine not being MJ” “dhulbahante till the end”

I can’t be the only one that cringes reading shit like that. I also noticed if your in Hargeisa or Garowe, the locals don’t talk or ask you that shit. People just trying to survive and live their life. But places like Europe, one of the 1st questions they ask if your sitting with them in a shisha cafe is your qabil.

These kids lame af

What’s with the obsession with qabil for these 20 something year olds in Europe? And what’s with the bracelet wearing non sense there on? Anyone noticed this phenomenon on twitter and instagram? I went on the maliworldent Instagram a month back or so. The post was something about qabil. These little fucks in the comments were saying shit like “habar jeclo till I dhimo” “marexan 4 life” “imagine not being MJ” “dhulbahante till the end”

I can’t be the only one that cringes reading shit like that. I also noticed if your in Hargeisa or Garowe, the locals don’t talk or ask you that shit. People just trying to survive and live their life. But places like Europe, one of the 1st questions they ask if your sitting with them in a shisha cafe is your qabil.

These kids lame af
People want to feel connected to their roots. We who are born here don't care about qabil. Most don't know shit about it. The few who do are trolls.

XamarWeeaboo

You expected something here didn't you?!?!?
What’s with the obsession with qabil for these 20 something year olds in Europe?

Literally in my uni two kids started fighting over qabiil/ whether or not their qabill supported SL. One guy was an isaaq and the other was from Las Canood(forgot what clan) but, from what I heard, the isaaq kid called the LA kid a traitor, due to his clan apparently supporting reunification with the rest of Somalia. After a while of 68 IQ cursing back and forth, with Somali, french and english, they finally started swinging fists at one another, resulting in quite the spectacle and a huge embarrassment for me. After, the people who knew I was Somali started asking me what they were saying or what it was about............ I simply played the Djibouti card.

It is embarrassing that the young are even worse than the elderly, instead of peace we, the youth, are most likely to lead the country into an even worse state that it currently is.

Last edited:
Literally in my uni two kids started fighting over qabiil/ whether or not their qabill supported SL. One guy was an isaaq and the other was from Las Canood(forgot what clan) but, from what I heard, the isaaq kid called the LA kid a traitor, due to his clan apparently supporting reunification with the rest of Somalia. After a while of 68 IQ cursing back and forth, with both Somali, french and english, they finally started swinging fists at one another, resulting in quite the spectacle and a huge embarrassment for me. After, the people who knew I was Somali started asking me what they were saying or what it was about............ I simply played the Djibouti card.

It is embarrassing that the young are even worse than the elderly, instead of peace we, the youth, are most likely to lead the country into an even worse state that it currently is.
The lasanood guy is dhulbahante. And how embarrassing using fists on non sense. I bet if you ask somebody in Hargeisa if they give a shit if lasanood folks are in SL, it would be a resounding hell no. Same thing for lasanood folks. The most ironic thing that cracks me up, they have no idea what’s it like on the ground.

The young cling on that shit, because they have nothing going on for themselves. Low self esteem so they wear symbols to feel connected to a place that is hell for the people that live there. I leave the symbols for the simple minded.

Trending