Young man proposes a smart federal system for Somalia

Ibrahim hassan

Esteemed Excellency

How is it? It gives more independence to people in specific areas and doesn't give anyone too much land to become a dictator like jubbaland, punt land and Somali land. And it gives people who yell against the government more freedoms.

thats actually god as it divides power and prevents one qabiil from holding all the power, there should also be a system whereby they ban gatherings of states to ensure that they dont come together and break apart the country

Great idea but i think the current system works as well if done right. The advantage it has is that each of these states cover so many clans. By doing what this brother suggested it can put the focus on sub clans which is not good. Its Better with the current umbrella clan states.

Mozart

You need people like me
Won't work. There are regions like Mudug where 2 tribes will never allow one to rule the other.

All this does is separates states into subclans again cause insecurity & instability, is chaos and war worth not having “qabil states”? I am reer mudug and I know for a fact my people will never allow this

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
This version its same like centralization states. Its seems this idea to delete current states and presidents so xarmaajo can rule from xamar.

Sanaag iyo Mudug. There is two clans.

It will not work.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
The rule for a state should be reformed to one gobol there are many clans who only inhabit one gobol but cry out for a state.

Dhulo, MX, XL, Dir, and Abgaal could all be made busy with their gobol state whilst larger two gobol clans like Ogaden, Majeerteen, Habar Gidir, Raxanweyn, and Isaaq can focus on their own regions.

How is it? It gives more independence to people in specific areas and doesn't give anyone too much land to become a dictator like jubbaland, punt land and Somali land. And it gives people who yell against the government more freedoms.

This won't work, it will still be clan based. Many of the region's are shared between multiple clans meaning more political drama and fighting over who will be leader like hirshabele.

Also more states more problems atleast now with several big states only 1 or 2 are problematic, with this system there will be many concerns issues such as federal funding, education, resources. Government has to allocate alot of resources to many more self governing states with each complaining the other is getting more.

I think the current system is the best. Somalia will only survive with the most independent form of federalism. Several states coming under the union of one country but each very much self reliant.

Ibrahim hassan

Esteemed Excellency
This won't work, it will still be clan based. Many of the region's are shared between multiple clans meaning more political drama and fighting over who will be leader like hirshabele.

Also more states more problems atleast now with several big states only 1 or 2 are problematic, with this system there will be many concerns issues such as federal funding, education, resources. Government has to allocate alot of resources to many more self governing states with each complaining the other is getting more.

I think the current system is the best. Somalia will only survive with the most independent form of federalism. Several states coming under the union of one country but each very much self reliant.
Divide it even further each state becomes dozen counties, give people more independent freedom backed by the fed gov.

The rule for a state should be reformed to one gobol there are many clans who only inhabit one gobol but cry out for a state.

Dhulo, MX, XL, Dir, and Abgaal could all be made busy with their gobol state whilst larger two gobol clans like Ogaden, Majeerteen, Habar Gidir, Raxanweyn, and Isaaq can focus on their own regions.

Mx live in both middle juba and lower jubba. There is no ogaden living in Gedo thogh.

Are they exclusive to those regions.

Yeah ogaden only live in lower jubba and middle juba. In middle jubba they share with others they aren't the majority. In lower jubba again it's shared, they only have afmadow district which they are the majority. And kismayo district which is again a shared district.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Mx live in both middle juba and lower jubba. There is no ogaden living in Gedo thogh.
lol we arent gonna even argue that nonsense

Middle Juba is the same size as Gedo if not larger and thats not even our primary base I have double your landmass. I love being Ogaden
58BC28CE-8C0A-4E54-9DF3-FA5A4EBB96F6.gif

lol we arent gonna even argue that nonsense

Middle Juba is the same size as Gedo if not larger and thats not even our primary base I have double your landmass. I love being Ogaden
View attachment 164095

I didn't ask you the size. Im telling you that you are not a majority in middle juba you share it. Youre not a majority in lower jubba either. You only have afmadow district and kismayo district in lower juba. Kismayo you share with darood and afmadow youre the majority. Its funny you claim both middle juba and lower jubba as ogaden land. Its like mx claiming all of galgaduud when they dont own all of it. Your folk need to focus on qoraxeey and doolo business.

Trending