You’re Lazy And You Know It

Abu Hurayrah stated that the Prophet :saws: said, “Allah says, ‘O son of Adam! Take time out to constantly worship me, I will fill your chest with richness , and remove your poverty. And if you do not do so. I will make your hands filled with occupation, and will not remove your poverty” [Shaykh Al-Albani declared it to authentic in his Sunan Al-Tirmidhi]

Ma’qal Ibn Yasaar reported that Prophet :saws: said: “Your Lord, all glory and honour be to Him says, ‘O Son of Adam! Take the time out to constantly worship me, I will fill your chest with richness! O Son of Adam! Do not distance yourself from Me, or I will fill your chest with poverty, and fill your hands with work ” [Shaykah Al-Abani’s Silsilat Al-Sahihah, # 1359]

Zayd ibn Thabit reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Whoever makes the world his most important matter, Allah will confound his affairs and make poverty appear before his eyes and he will not get anything from the world but what has been decreed for him. Whoever makes the Hereafter his most important matter, Allah will settle his affairs and make him content in his heart and the world will come to him although he does not want it.”

VixR

Veritas
Abu Hurayrah stated that the Prophet :saws: said, “Allah says, ‘O son of Adam! Take time out to constantly worship me, I will fill your chest with richness , and remove your poverty. And if you do not do so. I will make your hands filled with occupation, and will not remove your poverty” [Shaykh Al-Albani declared it to authentic in his Sunan Al-Tirmidhi]

Ma’qal Ibn Yasaar reported that Prophet :saws: said: “Your Lord, all glory and honour be to Him says, ‘O Son of Adam! Take the time out to constantly worship me, I will fill your chest with richness! O Son of Adam! Do not distance yourself from Me, or I will fill your chest with poverty, and fill your hands with work ” [Shaykah Al-Abani’s Silsilat Al-Sahihah, # 1359]

Zayd ibn Thabit reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Whoever makes the world his most important matter, Allah will confound his affairs and make poverty appear before his eyes and he will not get anything from the world but what has been decreed for him. Whoever makes the Hereafter his most important matter, Allah will settle his affairs and make him content in his heart and the world will come to him although he does not want it.”
Don’t use religion as a crutch. We have more than enough of that mentality.

I love that he’s realistically self-aware, has dreams and goals, and knows he has to put in consistent hard work and sacrifice to reach those goals. And, of course, that he isn’t short-circuiting to that for crime, or anything like that to get there. He’s from D.C. A lot lost Somalis in places like D.C., I know because my sister once dated someone who ended up succumbing to the streets later on.

He doesn’t have to be swole. He’s perfectly fine as he is. But I hope the best for him in his dreams. It’s refreshing to see someone like him, comparatively to the guys out in the community who don’t have any goals or vision, and don’t seem to want improvement.

O mankind, remember the favor of Allah upon you. Is there any creator other than Allah who provides for you from the heaven and earth? There is no deity except Him, so how are you deluded?

-Sura Fatir, Ayah 3

Lum

رَّبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْمًا

«So here is the issue that needs to be clarified:Many people use the abbreviation “SAW,” “SAWS,” or “PBUH” to fulfill this obligation in their writing. Is this something that fulfills the obligation of sending the salaah and salaam on the Messenger? Let us look now to some of the statements of the scholars regarding this practice. The Permanent Committee of Scholars in Saudi Arabia headed by ‘Abdul-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abdillaah ibn Baaz issued the following verdict when asked about the validity of abbreviating the salaah on the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam): “The Sunnah is to write the entire phrase “sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam,” since it is a kind of supplication, and supplication is worship, (in one’s writing) just as it is in one’s speech. So to abbreviate it using the letter SAAD or the word SAAD-LAAM-‘AYN-MEEM is not a supplication nor is it worship, whether it occurs in speech or writing. For this reason, this abbreviation was not used by the the first three generations, those that the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam) testified to their goodness.” [8] “SAAD” and “SAAD-LAAM-‘AYN-MEEM” are often used in some Arabic books. The English equivalents of these abbreviations would be: SAW, SAWS, SAAWS, PBUH, and the likes. Al-Fayrooz-Abaadee said, “It is not appropriate to use symbols or abbreviations to refer to salaah and salaam, as some of the lazy ones do, as well as some ignorant people and even some students of knowledge – they write ‘SAAD-LAAM-‘AYN-MEEM’ instead of writing ‘sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam.'” [9] Ahmad Shaakir said, “It is the absurd tradition of some of the later generations that they abbreviate the writing of ‘sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam.'” [10] Wasee Allaah ‘Abbaas said, “It is not permissible to abbreviate the salaams in general in one’s writing, just as it is not permissible to abbreviate the salaah and salaam on the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam). It is also not permissible to abbreviate either of these in one’s speech.” [11] And Allaah knows best. May the most perfect and complete salaah and salaam be upon our beloved Messenger, and upon his noble family and companions.»
FOOTNOTES

[1] written by Moosaa Richardson

Yet thr poorest nations on earth are filled with muslims.

:cosbyhmm:

Do they distribute the mercy of your Lord? It is We who have apportioned among them their livelihood in the life of this world and have raised some of them above others in degrees [of rank] that they may make use of one another for service. But the mercy of your Lord is better than whatever they accumulate.

-Sura Az-Zukhruf, Ayah 32

Don’t use religion as a crutch. We have more than enough of that mentality.

I love that he’s realistically self-aware, has dreams and goals, and knows he has to put in consistent hard work and sacrifice to reach those goals. And, of course, that he isn’t short-circuiting to that for crime, or anything like that to get there. He’s from D.C. A lot lost Somalis in places like D.C., I know because my sister once dated someone who ended up succumbing to the streets later on.

He doesn’t have to be swole. He’s perfectly fine as he is. But I hope the best for him in his dreams. It’s refreshing to see someone like him, comparatively to the guys out in the community who don’t have any goals or vision, and don’t seem to want improvement.
This is a universal problem with the Youth today not just exclusive to Somalis.

When you are raised in luxury and comforts and everything was done for you throughout your life, it becomes incredibly hard for you to rewire your brain and cultivate discipline.

The Ancient African's had a great remedy for this, they would concoct a potion of herb that would make the person violently sick for a couple of months just short of death.

The whole purpose behind this was to make them appreciate life and time, because at times of prosperity it's incredibly difficult to instil discipline in your Children especially when everyone else around you for the most part isn't.

Their parent's don't know any better especially in our communities were they contribute to this problem by doing everything for them and never giving them responsibilities from a young age.

When I ask some of the mothers why they do everything for their son/daughter in terms of cooking, cleaning etc. their response is "we want them to focus on studies and get better grades"

There is no way these kids would ever cultivate any discipline in such comforts, there has to be a process of hardship, pain and suffering to proceed this, since role model's don't exist which is a luxury upper class families have.

The kid will continue to procrastinate unless one of these conditions changes and we will have the same conversation a decade later.

Last edited:

You actually prove my point with that statement, if they practised what they believed, they would still be living in the golden age as they did for much of history under a caliph.

Since the time of the Prophet, the Ummah has always lived under a caliph until the last 100 years when we became Muslim by name and abandoned all Islamic principles (this was happening gradually over centuries)

Throughout history whenever this happened the hell hounds of chaos are let loose on us until we return back to our roots and faith.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

This was beautiful Shukran

Watched 1 min and 30 sec. He is talking about not being skinny. I give up. Can someone summaries what this hawiye dude is talking about

VixR

Veritas
Watched 1 min and 30 sec. He is talking about not being skinny. I give up. Can someone summaries what this hawiye dude is talking about
I’ve noticed you’re experiencing an uptick in Michael Jackson fever recently. Can you stop being a Michael Jackson fanatic for 5 mins.

I’ve noticed you’re experiencing an uptick in Michael Jackson fever recently. Can you stop being a Michael Jackson fanatic for 5 mins.

Put some respect on the greatest artist name vix. I never met someone who isn't fan of Michael Jackson

Trending

Latest posts