Yo wtf is going on?

Keo

VIP
Price of Uber is crazy right now in London tried other services as well it’s like double what it usually costs to get to where I want

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Price of Uber is crazy right now in London tried other services as well it’s like double what it usually costs to get to where I want
Drivers are on a strike. They ain't logging into Uber. Use Bolt or OLA

Uber has been underpaying their drivers, on a silly level and have been overcharging their customers.

Keo

VIP

Uber has been underpaying their drivers, on a silly level and have been overcharging their customers.
Yeah I ended up using Bolt instead which took like 12 mins coz of the traffic from people queuing up for petrol shit’s crazy

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Yeah I ended up using Bolt instead which took like 12 mins coz of the traffic from people queuing up for petrol shit’s crazy
Its mad how easily become come out to queue, a normal 5 min down the road takes 30 mins cause of a Petrol Station down there :mindblown:

Yeah I've been using bolt myself, Uber has got issues man.

A couple of days ago, I took a Bolt ride, and the driver was telling me to avoid Uber, as its basically daylight slavery and they basically cut pay, and if you report them, they block the whole account. The passengers are also getting ripped off, Its actually bad. Bolt is alright, good promotions and prices, but itself it has a driver shortage, it takes around 10 mins to find a driver.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP

that was literally their whole business plan. Uber hasn’t been turning up profits at first yet investors would dump loads in it. Simply because they wanted to make prices as cheap as possible and pay good money to drivers.

That way they can squeeze other companies out of business while also stealing their workers. By the time they have a monopoly they’ll start slowly jacking up the prices. The current prices of Uber are already higher than what taxis used to ask for but now there’s almost 0 taxis here in Toronto.

This is dystopian af because it really shows how easily companies can get away with severely underpaying workers and controlling market pricing.

In California uber spent billions of dollars in a lawsuit that was trying to classify their drivers as “employees” and not “contractors”. That way they’d actually have to take care of them and they wouldn’t be able to fire them anytime they wanted.

Yet Uber KNEW that it was a good investment of billions to keep them as “contractors” aka slaves with no legal rights as an employee.

To make things worse uber drivers don’t even make a fixed salary, they make purely on how much they work and drive meaning their salary isn’t even guaranteed. On a slow day they could possibly make only $50 which is WAY BELOW minimum wage.

Uber still gets away with it because according to them the drivers are just contractors and are commissioned.

Uber is the beginning of what our economic future is if governments keep allowing (more like taking bribes) monopolies to exist and single handedly control their industry.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
that was literally their whole business plan. Uber hasn’t been turning up profits at first yet investors would dump loads in it. Simply because they wanted to make prices as cheap as possible and pay good money to drivers.

That way they can squeeze other companies out of business while also stealing their workers. By the time they have a monopoly they’ll start slowly jacking up the prices. The current prices of Uber are already higher than what taxis used to ask for but now there’s almost 0 taxis here in Toronto.

This is dystopian af because it really shows how easily companies can get away with severely underpaying workers and controlling market pricing.

In California uber spent billions of dollars in a lawsuit that was trying to classify their drivers as “employees” and not “contractors”. That way they’d actually have to take care of them and they wouldn’t be able to fire them anytime they wanted.

Yet Uber KNEW that it was a good investment of billions to keep them as “contractors” aka slaves with no legal rights as an employee.

To make things worse uber drivers don’t even make a fixed salary, they make purely on how much they work and drive meaning their salary isn’t even guaranteed. On a slow day they could possibly make only $50 which is WAY BELOW minimum wage.

Uber still gets away with it because according to them the drivers are just contractors and are commissioned.

Uber is the beginning of what our economic future is if governments keep allowing (more like taking bribes) monopolies to exist and single handedly control their industry.
Well said, the world is turning away from the traditional economic prespective.

In London, Black Cab is less used as well, but it cannot die out, as the TfL is backing them up, ensuring that there is no Uber Monopoly for now. Also, with all the other new startup such as Bolt, Ola and FreeNow, Uber won't be able to extort and as we see today, a strike and customer withdrawal is what occurs. TfL is a threat to them compared to the others in US and elsewhere.

AbdiFreedom

#Pierre4PM/End Mass Immigration to 🇨🇦 #DefundUN
Staff Member
Well, Boris Johnson told the world to "grow up" on dealing with climate change. His countrymen must start first by not filling up their tanks. Lead the way!

Trending