Yet another Somali man dead due to gang violence.. is the Somali Canadian community doomed?

Your parents did great. It’s insane how we are all products of our environment.
Abyo, your environment literally tells who you'll be and how your mind will be shaped. What I find strange is that sometimes, America wants you to fall into those pitfalls, having a record so you cant sustain yourself and eventually head off to jail, where big corporations get free labor from prisoners. Is the sense of community far more powerfull than safety of my children and opportunities later in the future for them?

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
Abyo, your environment literally tells who you'll be and how your mind will be shipped. What I find strange is that sometimes, America wants you to fall into those pitfalls, having a record so you cant sustain yourself and eventually head off to jail, where big corporations get free labor from prisoners. Is the sense of community far more powerfull than safety of my children and opportunities later in the future for them?
Spot on walaal. They can’t have everyone be successful as that would ruin the natural order of society. As sad as it is, we need people to do manual labour and other difficult, low reward jobs. This is why parents need to be heavily involved in their kids academics and extra curriculars.

I remember when I was in year 10 a guy asked for my snap I said no I was scared I was gonna get stabbed :stressed:
Somali ????
Only a fellow noble geljire is allowed to stab a xalimo for not giving her number away .
645BFE4F-1083-4DD4-9825-503EE5C2337F.jpeg

NomadicWarlord

THROW YO 〽️s UP‼️ #MJBLOCK 🇸🇱🇸🇱🇸🇱
الله يرحمه this world is rlly temporary may Allah have mercy on him and give sabr iyo imaan to his fam

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”
VIP
a faraax will start a whole gang war over here if he found out some xalimo was getting harassed they don’t even have to know the girl . As always gaajo uk motherfuckers are soft
There aren’t many Somalis where I live :stressed: .And all the Somali boys that I do know are a bunch of court jesters 😭😭

ppl gonna get mad about this but it all comes down to the parents.

if you are active in your child's life and put in real effort to ensure them a good childhood then they don't become gangbangers.

ppl gonna get mad about this but it all comes down to the parents.

if you are active in your child's life and put in real effort to ensure them a good childhood then they don't become gangbangers.
Not true, gang life is so pervasive even kids brought up in good homes can get influenced.