Yep..... They're Defo Single Mothers........

Since you are so well informed on complex issues, let me break you a little truth to you:

Majority of African Americans are not drug addicts and don't live in big cities.

The CIA operation you referred to was in connection to the fairly short lived Iran-Contras scandal of the 80s and in no way can explain the systemic changes to the AA family structure. Mind you there are about 50 million AAs in the US. The article itself talks about investigation into the LA inner city drug sales.

Give a source that says the US government is pumping the entire AA neighborhoods with drugs across the entire country for all these years.

View attachment 138148

Did you actually read the paper? No, you didn’t. If you did, you would see most the points you raise are addressed in the paper.

Majority of African Americans are not drug addicts and don't live in big cities.

Nice strawman. Neither I nor the paper and the article I linked make this claim. Again, please read the paper for your own edification. Only on this forum does the the notion that little girls consciously aspire to be single mothers living off welfare and food stamps sound reasonable.

The crack epidemic was not the only factor, but a primary factor along with a list of other factors that contributed to the collapse in the black family. This is how I know you didn’t read the paper as both I and the authors mention that is not the only variable in this issue while you keep zeroing in on it. The same exact thing is happening to white America now with the opioid epidemic and the erosion of the manufacturing industry leading to plummeting marriage rates, increasing drug use, and more single-parent households.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Eedo fight your own battles, don’t involve my good sis notmyL. I shop at wholeFoods and you shop at aldi’s who’s the ratchet one between us?

Oooops.

I wouldn’t be surprised if old Somali geezers try to translate that into Somali so Somali eedos like @Basra can judge us.

Loooooool
:mjlol: @Basra used to raise eyebrows at what she used to say. :lol: She's gotten predictable.

@GoldmanSachs

I read it. Nowhere it says drugs are the primary factor for the collapse in the black family.

I never said it was the only factor. This is a strawman you keep using. Drugs were a big factor, however. It’s right there in the abstract

These conditions were further strained during the 1980s and 1990s by the widespread use of crack cocaine. For many, crack use became an obsession, dominated their lives, and superseded family responsibilities. This behavior placed additional pressure on already stressed kin support networks.

I think you’re misunderstanding my position at a fundamental level. I am not saying drugs were the only contributing factor to the collapse of the black family. What I am saying, which is backed by the data, is that drugs definitely played a role and that is supported by the evidence unlike your claim that lavish government benefits are and were the sole reason. You still have yet to cite any scholarly papers by credible experts that support this claim.

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
I never said it was the only factor. This is a strawman you keep using. Drugs were a big factor, however. It’s right there in the abstract
You are a snake, man. Strawman my ass.

Here are your words:
The crack epidemic was not the only factor, but a primary factor along with a list of other factors that contributed to the collapse in the black family. This is how I know you didn’t read the paper...

And I replied:
I read it. Nowhere it says drugs are the primary factor for the collapse in the black family.

You are a snake, man. Strawman my ass.

Here are your words

And I replied:

Show me where I said drugs were the only factor. Just in case you go to my first post, your inference would be off the mark. I only brought up drugs because it was a proven factor in stark contrast to your point of government benefits.

It’s interesting how I am the “snake” despite being the only party in this argument bringing facts to the table, while all you’re doing here is constructing strawmen and putting words in my mouth. You have yet to bring one credible source for your claims. Until you do, this argument is concluded.

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Show me where I said drugs were the only factor. Just in case you go to my first post, your inference would be off the mark. I only brought up drugs because it was a proven factor in stark contrast to your point of government benefits.

It’s interesting how I am the “snake” despite being the only party in this argument bringing facts to the table, while all you’re doing here is constructing strawmen and putting words in my mouth. You have yet to bring one credible source for your claims. Until you do, this argument is concluded.
Man, you are still wiggling with your nonsense.

You switched your own words,"the primary factor" to "the only factor", and now want to make argument out of it.

I can't take you serous. Adios.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
:browtf:Not sure but I'm a certified qumayo 7 days a week.

Wagwan talk to meh.
PuEj.gif

Man, you are still wiggling with your nonsense.

You switched your own words,"the primary factor" to "the only factor", and now want to make argument out of it.

I can't take you serous. Adios.

Now that I have some time, at last, it’s time to put the nail in the coffin to your non-argument.

More evidence:

Crack cocaine explains the divergence in black and white education outcomes.

Abstract said:
We propose the rise of crack cocaine markets as an explanation for the end to the convergence in black-white educational outcomes in the US that began in the mid-1980s. After constructing a measure to date the arrival of crack markets in cities and states, we show large increases in murder rates after these dates. Black high school completion rates also declined and we estimate that factors associated with crack markets and contemporaneous increases in incarceration rates can account for between 37 and 73 percent of the fall in black male high school completion rates. We argue that the primary mechanism is reduced educational investments in response to decreased returns to schooling.

Another paper formulates a “crack index”, observing negative socioeconomic trends that rebounded a decade later that could only be explained by the crack epidemic:

Measuring crack cocaine and its impact

Abstract said:
A wide range of social indicators turned sharply negative for Blacks in the late 1980s and began to rebound roughly a decade later. We explore whether the rise and fall of crack cocaine can explain these patterns. Absent a direct measure of crack cocaine’s prevalence, we construct an index based on a range of indirect proxies (cocaine arrests, cocaine-related emergency room visits, cocaine-induced drug deaths, crack mentions in newspapers, and DEA drug busts). The crack index we construct reproduces many of the spatial and temporal patterns described in ethnographic and popular accounts of the crack epidemic. We find that our measure of crack can explain much of the rise in Black youth homicides, as well as more moderate increases in a wide range of adverse birth outcomes for Blacks in the 1980s. Although our crack index remains high through the 1990s, the deleterious social impact of crack fades. One interpretation of this result is that changes over time in behavior, crack markets, and the crack using population mitigated the damaging impacts of crack. Our analysis suggests that the greatest social costs of crack have been associated with the prohibition-related violence, rather than drug use per se.

Their conclusion aside, I’m interested in the data which shows a distinct link between the crack epidemic and negative socioeconomic consequences to the black community.

So the evidence is indisputable that crack played a major role in the generation that saw the destruction of the black family. Not the only role, but a major one as borne out by the data.

Now please bring any evidence to show that this is all moot and it’s really government benefits that is responsible for this mess. We all know you aren’t going to do that as the data simply doesn’t exist. :ulyin:

My neighbor is a white single mother with three kids, I see her with a new black guy every month lol, she had a divorce and stole the house from her white husband.

All these female are trying to be a low budget dollar store copy of Kylie Jenner, single motherhood is a tough life if your living on poverty.

Trending

Latest posts