Yemeni Somali beef on TikTok

Somalis do not claim Arab for the sake of claiming Arab though. People keep saying that we are claiming Arab as if we are claiming any old Arab tribe in order to make us seem like self haters when Somalis were historically hostile to Arabs. We are claiming Banu Hashim, get it right. Funny thing is Banu Hashim aren’t even an Arab lineage, they are an Adnani lineage of Babylonian origin.

It is no different than when Roman rulers used to claim descent from Hercules or when Ethiopian rulers used to claim descent from Sulayman (AS), it’s not like Romans and Ethiopians wanted to claim to be Greek or Jewish, it is because they wanted to attach their lineage to a legendary historical figure for political clout.
still self hate dude. like I said its not something you can separate

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”. on hiatus
VIP
To be fair isn’t comparable

Caraab salaax are seen as Somali everywhere in Somalia unlike cadcads niggas
Some somalis look down on cadcads unlike caraab salaax.
Carab Salaax are mixed with Harti they are going to be called Somali considering their Somali qabil is known :bell:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This beef between Somali's and Yemenia it goes deeper than what we believe. There are half Somali's in yemen and they are referred to as ilmaha kufsiga. The are yemen in Somali that not speak Af Somali but still want to be in Puntland Somalia. We Somali's should be teaching the young Yemenia children af Somali and not letting them slide.

attash

Amaan Duule
still self hate dude. like I said its not something you can separate
How is claiming descent from the greatest man who ever lived self hate? Claiming descent from heroic figures is something every civilization used to do.

You cannot possibly call civilizations as arrogant as the Romans self haters, yet they used to do claim descent from the Greek Hercules. It has nothing to do with the fact that Hercules was Greek (they despised the Greeks actually), it was that they obviously wanted the political/social clout of having their lineage attached to a man who was widely worshipped across the region.

Similarly, you cannot possibly claim that our own ancestors were self haters when their extreme pride was well documented:

1716013687046.png

1716013780679.png

My point is that people keep trying to make it seem like Somalis had an inferiority complex around Arabs because they claimed Banu Hashim, when this is simply not true. Claiming descent from the Nabi (SAWS) and his family had nothing to do with his ethnicity, it was because he was the Nabi. Every clan from Dakkar to Malacca wanted to be connected to him.

Our ancestors has no inferiority complexes nor were they self haters, so quit lying about them.

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
VIP
How is claiming descent from the greatest man who ever lived self hate? Claiming descent from heroic figures is something every civilization used to do.

You cannot possibly call civilizations as arrogant as the Romans self haters, yet they used to do claim descent from the Greek Hercules. It has nothing to do with the fact that Hercules was Greek (they despised the Greeks actually), it was that they obviously wanted the political/social clout of having their lineage attached to a man who was widely worshipped across the region.

Similarly, you cannot possibly claim that our own ancestors were self haters when their extreme pride was well documented:

View attachment 329070

View attachment 329071

My point is that people keep trying to make it seem like Somalis had an inferiority complex around Arabs because they claimed Banu Hashim, when this is simply not true. Claiming descent from the Nabi (SAWS) and his family had nothing to do with his ethnicity, it was because he was the Nabi. Every clan from Dakkar to Malacca wanted to be connected to him.

Our ancestors has no inferiority complexes nor were they self haters, so quit lying about them.
Its haram to lie about your lineage

attash

Amaan Duule
Its haram to lie about your lineage
I know this, I am simply covering why Somalis would make these claims. It had nothing to do with wanting to be Arab, it was because they wanted to attach themselves to a legendary hero, no different than any other civilization.

Our ancestors did not hold any inferiority complexes around anyone, I am trying to dispel this myth.

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
VIP
I know this, I am simply covering why Somalis would make these claims. It had nothing to do with wanting to be Arab, it was because they wanted to attach themselves to a legendary hero, no different than any other civilization.

Our ancestors did not hold any inferiority complexes around anyone, I am trying to dispel this myth.
Ok maybe our ancestors but modern somalis definitely do suffer from an inferiority complex towards arabs. Can you speak arabic?

attash

Amaan Duule
Ok maybe our ancestors but modern somalis definitely do suffer from an inferiority complex towards arabs. Can you speak arabic?
No, most Somalis do not care about Arabs, nor do they see themselves as Arab, nor do they talk about Arabs. But I don’t really care about modern Somalis, I will only participate in this convo when our noble ancestors get slandered.

I know some Arabic, but I can’t speak the language fluently.

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
VIP
No, most Somalis do not care about Arabs, nor do they see themselves as Arab, nor do they talk about Arabs. But I don’t really care about modern Somalis, I will only participate in this convo when our noble ancestors get slandered.

I know some Arabic, but I can’t speak the language fluently.
Yes Our ancestors claimed arabian lineage to get a claim to the prophet thats true they werent being begs but the same thing cant be said for the modern somalis that beg it to arabs, even the ones in somalia do putting the yemeni and saudi flag on their bio and saying they have arabian blood they actually believe they do. Also our ancestors were not saints lets not idealise them they were just like us

Yes Our ancestors claimed arabian lineage to get a claim to the prophet thats true they werent being begs but the same thing cant be said for the modern somalis that beg it to arabs, even the ones in somalia do putting the yemeni and saudi flag on their bio and saying they have arabian blood they actually believe they do. Also our ancestors were not saints lets not idealise them they were just like us
By and large they were better than we are on almost every metric AUN

No way were they like some of the scum we have now

Our ancestors had no problem killing a fellow muslim and somali and looting their land, much like today. Its almost like nothing had changed.
Everywhere in the world had conflict including Muslim countries. There will always be conflict.

Some of the basic differences is that 'biri ma geydo' weren't touched- i.e women, childen and shuyukh. There was no destruction of the environment. There was a law and it was followed. They honoured their word and contract. They had pride in their heritage, culture and religion. Most people despite occasional squabble over a needed resource didn't have hate for each other.

You didn't have endless coonimo and saqajaanimo. Now they had some problems of their own but I'd love if we could be how we were in Adal or even a bit after.

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
VIP
Everywhere in the world had conflict including Muslim countries. There will always be conflict.

Some of the basic differences is that 'biri ma geydo' weren't touched- i.e women, childen and shuyukh. There was no destruction of the environment. There was a law and it was followed. They honoured their word and contract. They had pride in their heritage, culture and religion. Most people despite occasional squabble over a needed resource didn't have hate for each other.

You didn't have endless coonimo and saqajaanimo. Now they had some problems of their own but I'd love if we could be how we were in Adal or even a bit after.
I have heard of this concept but im doubtful it was practiced that frequently. For example the darawish of the mad mullah used to kill whole families, women and children sometimes steal girls and loot food and other resources of the enemy. Maybe the Adal empire was more islamic and civil

I have heard of this concept but im doubtful it was practiced that frequently. For example the darawish of the mad mullah used to kill whole families, women and children sometimes steal girls and loot food and other resources of the enemy. Maybe the Adal empire was more islamic and civil
The Darawiish were extreme and that's why they lost the support they had from many clans - significant sections of pretty much all clans that supported him at the beginning left. They are also said to have killed Shaykh Uways which is why a lot of people especially southerners were extremely angry with him.

Adal was almost certainly better.

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
VIP
The Darawiish were extreme and that's why they lost the support they had from many clans - significant sections of pretty much all clans that supported him at the beginning left. They are also said to have killed Shaykh Uways which is why a lot of people especially southerners were extremely angry with him.

Adal was almost certainly better.
I also heard of this really one haram somali practice, i cant tell you its not very pg

Trending