Yasir Qadhi's Shocking Agenda to Reform Islam

Muzaffer

๐•ฎ๐–”๐–’๐–—๐–†๐–‰๐–Š ๐•ฒ๐–Š๐–“๐–Š๐–—๐–†๐–‘
This guy make me uncomfortable

giphy.gif

Yasir Qadhi conundrum to conservative for the layman but too progressive for the conservatives. All jokes aside he is an intelligent guy who sees the issues at hand and is atleast trying to do something about it.

Yasir Qadhi conundrum to conservative for the layman but too progressive for the conservatives. All jokes aside he is an intelligent guy who sees the issues at hand and is atleast trying to do something about it.

He's a guy trying to push Westernization. Of course you as an atheist support him- and that you support him should indicate something to the Muslims who listen to him.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
I don't think mindlessly absorbing Western ideology is using your brains.

I'm willing to engage in a good faith discussion.

Do you think elections are a good thing?

And if you are opposed to elections, how would you go about creating political stability in a modern state?

I'm willing to engage in a good faith discussion.

Do you think elections are a good thing?

No.

And if you are opposed to elections, how would you go about creating political stability in a modern state?

Well the primary aim isn't to create political stability. The primary aim is to establish the sharia.

Ideally, a genuine Islamic system would be establish and its legitimacy would derive from being a genuine Islamic system. If the population rebels against that, it would be their own fault for rebelling against a genuinely Islamic system.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
No.

Well the primary aim isn't to create political stability. The primary aim is to establish the sharia.

Ideally, a genuine Islamic system would be establish and its legitimacy would derive from being a genuine Islamic system. If the population rebels against that, it would be their own fault for rebelling against a genuinely Islamic system.

If there are no elections, how do you decide who should run the state? Where does a government's legitimacy come from?

Yasir suggested that having some Islamic laws is better than having none if your not going to implement the sharia fully as most muslim countries don't it is better to at least pass some laws that can punish for example blasphemy not even Saudi Arabia executes people for it.

Ideally Yasir supports full implementation of the sharia but with the current world order these liberal countries introduce sanctions as soon as you try to pass Islamic laws. We should find ways to do as much as possible in the meantime as these liberals continue to lose influence

Liban89

Maqal herder | Burco boodhweyn.
as these liberals continue to lose influence

I don't see them losing influence at all, to the contrary; muslim countries are modernizing and losing their traditional thinking. Saudi arabia, Sudan, Somalia ..etc.

I don't see them losing influence at all, to the contrary; muslim countries are modernizing and losing their traditional thinking. Saudi arabia, Sudan, Somalia ..etc.

could go either way. after the Iranian revolution, a lot of Muslim countries became more conservative. I think the Taliban are going to win in Afghanistan and I think this will create a "wave" similar to that after the Iranian revolution.

the Muslim countries are very interesting in that we can see things going in the opposite way than people expect- societies have liberalized and then become more conservative. even with the countries that are liberalizing, it is possible that the same thing could happen again and then they could move in the opposite direction.

on the other hand, we know people will get further from Islam as time progresses. so I guess things could go either way.

Trending

Latest posts