Xawo Tako: calling all history enthusiasts.

How come much isn’t known about her? She died in recent history. 1948 isn’t that long ago and many of our grandparents were adults, so where are Xawo’s family members who can shed light on the events that killed here ect?

xawo taako is real ? :ooh:
I don’t think she is. 1948 is far to recent in history for her to be this obscure. Her relatives and those she knew would have come forward. My grandfather was a young man running around in those days, so it isn’t even that long ago.

@Hamzza
@Reformed J
@Shimbiris
@The alchemist
@Sophisticate

Did this woman even exist? I’m beginning to doubt it. I reckon she was a figure created during the kacaan period.

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
many people say hawo tako is actually a traitor and was protecting italians when they were getting persecuted

On second thought. I seem to recall Hawa Taco. She ran a Taco restaurant down the street from where we lived in 2005. She used to make these Tacos with sambusa fillings. The food was too spicy for the White customers so they reported her to the immigrant department and got kicked out of the country.

Forgive me but what I recollect Xawo was just a regular Xalimo who saw faraxs throwing stones at Italians during a protest and picked up a stone and threw something at the Italians. But then came the feminist agenda to deify women and she became a national symbol for anti-colonialism. But what about the first farax who threw the first stone at them Italians? Nobody remembers him. He was the bravest

Hamzza

VIP
I don’t think she is. 1948 is far to recent in history for her to be this obscure. Her relatives and those she knew would have come forward. My grandfather was a young man running around in those days, so it isn’t even that long ago.

@Hamzza
@Reformed J
@Shimbiris
@The alchemist
@Sophisticate

Did this woman even exist? I’m beginning to doubt it. I reckon she was a figure created during the kacaan period.

1948 , Mogadishu. Somalia has been under British military administration for the past 7 years. Somalia was no longer "Italian" since 1941, lost during the Second World War, along with all of East Africa. Post-colonial Somalia was awaiting a new administration and a United Nations commission had to establish whether to entrust the protectorate of the former Italian colony to the new Italian Republic, through a trusteeship, to prepare it and lead it to independence within a few years. It was a disputed administration between the British and the Italians. On November 21, 1949, the UN General Assembly approved, in favor of Italy, Resolution 289 with which it definitively assigned the territory of Somalia to the AFIS "Italian Trusteeship of Somalia" .

The British disagreed and tried to boycott the pro-Italian demonstrations. In January 1948 England organized and orchestrated what is remembered as the Mogadishu massacre by importing groups of Somalis from Somaliland and Kenya from the Syl "Somali Youth League", a club born in Mogadishu in 1943 with the backing and support of the British authorities), as well as New Zealanders and Indians. They were infiltrated into a demonstration scheduled for January 11, with the clear intention of demonstrating that the Italians were not welcome. The day ended with 54 Italians and 14 Somalis killed. Among these Somalis in Mogadishu was Hawo Tako , married to an Italian lorry driver, who lost her life trying to stop the massacre and protect the Italians , as well as the other Somalis who lost their lives.

To get some details on that tragic day, I interviewed Abdullahi Elmi Shurie who clarified the situation for us: "What is known for sure is that that barbaric massacre was wanted by the British who used people brought in from Somaliland to show that the Somalis hated the Italians. Which is not true because that day many Somalis, maids, guardians, workers, drivers, etc. died defending the Italians of Mogadishu, even if no one ever remembered them".

According to this neo-fascist Italian propaganda website, she was married to an Italian man ad died defending her husband's countrymen.

Now here is the problem, why should Somalia simultaneously honor SYL and Hawo Taco? I mean they were enemies and fought each other if we take this fascist's word. This is from the contradictions.

But I wouldn't trust anything this disgusting neo-fascist says
01.jpg

Some Somali clans claim her but it's impossible to know her clan due to her full name being unknown. For me, I don't think Hawo Taco was a real character.

According to this neo-fascist Italian propaganda website, she was married to an Italian man ad died defending her husband's countrymen.

Now here is the problem, why should Somalia simultaneously honor SYL and Hawo Taco? I mean they were enemies and fought each other if we take this fascist's word. This is from the contradictions.
I don’t buy that bullshit. There are elders who were around that time. You’re telling me none of her peers could verify? Her kids or her nieces and nephews who are now boomers aren’t around?! Please. Like I said 1948 is far to recent for her to be shrouded in Mystery. If this event took place in the 1800s then I’d understand why there would be confusion.
But I wouldn't trust anything this disgusting neo-fascist saysView attachment 286208

Some Somali clans claim her but it's impossible to know her clan due to her full name being unknown. For me, I don't think Hawo Taco was a real character.
I’ve seen those Italian accounts. I don’t believe it. Also, Somali clans that claim her should be able to pinpoint her siblings her kids or kids of siblings. Like I said, 1948 isn’t a long time ago and the children of the young adults of 1948 are still around. The eldest amongst my Dad’s siblings was born around that time and my Grandfather was in his late teens early 20s in 1948 so to put it into perspective, it is indeed recent history.

who's xawo tako? and what did she do? she must be a great woman if @Angelina is mentioning her.
Supposedly died fighting against the Italians during the 1948 rebellion. There were status of her in Xamar. I don’t know if they still have the status up but I didn’t see it in Xamar when I went.

many people say hawo tako is actually a traitor and was protecting italians when they were getting persecuted
No one knows. Both sides are claiming her. I reckon she’s a national myth. It doesn’t make sense that a woman who was around in 1948
Doesn’t have siblings or kids, nieces or nephews around who can verify the actual story.

Supposedly died fighting against the Italians during the 1948 rebellion. There were status of her in Xamar. I don’t know if they still have the status up but I didn’t see it in Xamar when I went.
She never fought against Italian that's agreed. Italians were powerless then. The only powerful colonial Italians were the fascist. During and after 2nd world War it was Britain who were all over Somalia.
You can research but she never fought colonial Italy.

There is not a single credible source to deem her traitor, AUN to one of our national heroes. Don’t believe the lie sxb
And there also doesn’t seem to be any proof of her existence. A lady from 1948 having no siblings, kids or nieces and nephews alive today to verify? What about her peers? Some are bound to be alive albeit very old? But the next gen of her family are definitely well should be around.

As I read in history books, Dhagax Tuur, and Xaawa Taako were incidents of historical context instead of actual persons, memorised in the form of people, to humanise the independence struggle against the Italian colonial power.
a) Hers was in relation to an uprising incident, where civilian demonstrators, clashing with colonial soldiers, had been killed in 1948.
b) His, dubbed 'Ha noolaato', was triggered by the imprisonment of Dahir X Cisman 'Dhegaweyne', an SYL founding member, by the Italians.

Somali_patriotic

Everything unuka leh
Always knew she was a mythical character
She was there in "1948" the damn 20th century.
And no one's sure of what she was doing?
Fighting italians? Going against SYL? but wait SYL are also against Italy and want to form an independent somali state? or was she against Both? An independent movement should i say?
siilaanyo.png
let's be honest it's some feminist made up story Of how low iq it's, they didn't even agree on her role

deadosama.png

Trending

Latest posts