Xalimo becomes first UK hijabi referee

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
“My dad said to me from when I started: be careful, there’ll be haters out there,” she says. “But I see myself as a strong person. If someone says something to me I don’t get emotional. I just think they’re ignorant.”

And immediately she did so, she came to appreciate that this was not a pursuit for the faint-hearted as she was racially abused, she reported the abuse to the local FA, but did not hear any more.

https://www.brila.net/from-refugee-to-referee-meet-the-first-hijab-wearing-referee-in-the-uk/
4C6473C300000578-5745169-Jawahir_Roble_24_who_moved_from_Somalia_to_the_UK_with_her_famil-a-35_1526665310608.jpg

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Can we stop glorifying basic ass things, just because a hijabi is doing it. News flash hijabis are people at the end of the day. We can do whatever we want and still be great at it.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Can we stop glorifying basic ass things, just because a hijabi is doing it. News flash hijabis are people at the end of the day. We can do whatever we want and still be great at it.

:gucciwhat:Why are you hating, its a good message to send that you can be successful in the West without losing your dhaqan

Gibiin-Udug

:gucciwhat:Why are you hating, its a good message to send that you can be successful in the West without losing your dhaqan
I'm not hating, but we need to stop doing this as if hijabis are some sort of new species who are now catching up to humanity.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I'm not hating, but we need to stop doing this as if hijabis are some sort of new species who are now catching up to humanity.

Its great that you are confident in yourself, but think of everyone else.
Representation is always a good thing, we need more hijabi politicians, newscasters, etc.

Gibiin-Udug

Its great that you are confident in yourself, but think of everyone else.
Representation is always a good thing, we need more hijabi politicians, newscasters, etc.
I don't know which MN you live but we already have hijabi politician even in congress.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
i swear sometimes i think somalis are some sort of aliens that came to earth 5 years ago and achieved greatness for our short time period on earth with the way we talk about ourselves lmaoo either way im happy seeing a fellow somali making it big and achieving

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
The girls are turning into boys and the boys into girls looooooooooooooool :chrisfreshhah:

a copy cat like somalis i see doin same corner once one makes good money from coffee shop.
Boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending