Xaliimo,born in Ohio, Somalilander, HJ, accepted by NASA to be trained 2 become an Astronaut (vid)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What part of it is propaganda?

1.provides snapshots of a multicultural utopia - false image of the highly unequal and divided country America really is
2.“Elite Daily is beloved by millions of readers, most of whom are young women". Elite daily was also once owned by daily mail.. enough said on this matter..
3.No man has ever visited the moon or any planet
4.Shows a white European educating a female African
5.Knowing that NASA is an institution that openly dispalys its worship of the cosmos and a female from a 3rd world country is being used to promote it , is in itself a false dichotomy.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
I have had multiple opportunities to go on a nasa trip. Always other plans popped up. Literally last summer my friends and I tried to go to a Travis Scott concert the week I was offered free tickets to a nasa trip. Declined the tickets cause I was full on thinking I was going by to this concert. Ended up with car troubles and didn’t go at all.

But the chick in the video can do it. Honestly with a good degree, some years of experience with flying planes, and some military experience she has a good chance of accomplishing her goals. If I was her I would join the military and become a military pilot.
A lot of the nasa astronauts have military experience and a lot were pilots

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Thats cute.

popcorn_the_joker.gif

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
1.provides snapshots of a multicultural utopia - false image of the highly unequal and divided country America really is
2.“Elite Daily is beloved by millions of readers, most of whom are young women". Elite daily was also once owned by daily mail.. enough said on this matter..
3.No man has ever visited the moon or any planet
4.Shows a white European educating a female African
5.Knowing that NASA is an institution that openly dispalys its worship of the cosmos and a female from a 3rd world country is being used to promote it , is in itself a false dichotomy.

200w.gif

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I have had multiple opportunities to go on a nasa trip. Always other plans popped up. Literally last summer my friends and I tried to go to a Travis Scott concert the week I was offered free tickets to a nasa trip. Declined the tickets cause I was full on thinking I was going by to this concert. Ended up with car troubles and didn’t go at all.

But the chick in the video can do it. Honestly with a good degree, some years of experience with flying planes, and some military experience she has a good chance of accomplishing her goals. If I was her I would join the military and become a military pilot.
A lot of the nasa astronauts have military experience and a lot were pilots

I was kidding! She ain’t becoming an astronaut but instead she’s preparing her Masters on Public Health

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
I was kidding! She ain’t becoming an astronaut but instead she’s preparing her Masters on Public Health
Yea I know. But honestly she still can become an astronaut. I watched the vid.

Get some flight experience plus some military experience and she can really make it. A lot of astronauts have the military experience.

Also some of the female Astronauts don’t have military experience but have a lot of experience in the fields of study they worked in. So she can still join without military experience.

A lot of people talk about wanting to become an astronaut but not all those people want to put the work in to become one

Regardless I’m trying to see an abdi or a xalimo in space. We need some role models for the youth

TooMacaan

VIP
Representation is always good. Who knows-- her participation in the vid. could still end up inspiring someone who reflects her image (even if she doesn't end up pursuing that path).. as she said, 'positive impact as a role model'.

Representation is always good. Who knows-- her participation in the vid. could still end up inspiring someone who reflects her image (even if she doesn't end up pursuing that path).. as she said, 'positive impact as a role model'.

true... I think the somali community lacks role models.. its a shame really.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
She’s a high achieving girl but the only little issue I have is that she hangs out with Arabs who a friend told me that one of them openly told her that her parents wouldn’t allow any black to come over to their house.

I mean how can I hangout with someone who their parents thing of you as subhuman?

Status
Not open for further replies.