Xabashilane budget and Tigrey elections

Tigrey state held an election that was declared illegal by the PP leaders in AddisAbaba. Then PP parliament cut the federal budget for Tigrey. Or did they?

"Nevertheless, the federal government will continue to work with local institutions .. (of) Tigrey (kilil)"

@xabashi @Awdalia Rising @Django @Ferrari @Marsin @Kingcobra @Faahiye @AarHawd_7

Are the feds in AddisAbaba continuing federal budget only they will send to local Tigrey municipaluties instead of kilil government run by the same TPLF that also run Tigrey municipalities

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Are they trying to make some sorta sweatheart deal for Tigrey which will be the only autonomous kilil while others who even contemplate much less defiant acts get the Jawar and Cabdi Iley treatments

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
Tigrey are the ruling class of Ethiopia since the end of communism back in 80s. So the Ethiopian government kinda has to bow down to them.

Tigrey state held an election that was declared illegal by the PP leaders in AddisAbaba. Then PP parliament cut the federal budget for Tigrey. Or did they?

"Nevertheless, the federal government will continue to work with local institutions .. (of) Tigrey (kilil)"

@xabashi @Awdalia Rising @Django @Ferrari @Marsin @Kingcobra @Faahiye @AarHawd_7

Are the feds in AddisAbaba continuing federal budget only they will send to local Tigrey municipaluties instead of kilil government run by the same TPLF that also run Tigrey municipalities

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Are they trying to make some sorta sweatheart deal for Tigrey which will be the only autonomous kilil while others who even contemplate much less defiant acts get the Jawar and Cabdi Iley treatments

According to Ethiopian constitution there is only one election board in Ethiopia that can conduct any election or referendum be it on national level or local level. Tigray held a kilil election by creating a local election board which the federal government considers illegal but Tigray didn't hold the local woreda and kebel elections so they are still considered legal entities. The federal government also doesn't want to punish the people of Tigray because of TPLF. So it decided to channel all budget support directly to the local woreda and kebele institutions and cut all the support and communication to the state level. Basically the fed is trying to administrate Tigray woredas and kebeles directly from Addis Ababa rather than Mekele undermining the kilil government. In my view this is fair game.

According to Ethiopian constitution there is only one election board in Ethiopia that can conduct any election or referendum be it on national level or local level. Tigray held a kilil election by creating a local election board which the federal government considers illegal but Tigray didn't hold the local woreda and kebel elections so they are still considered legal entities. The federal government also doesn't want to punish the people of Tigray because of TPLF. So it decided to channel all budget support directly to the local woreda and kebele institutions and cut all the support and communication to the state level. Basically the fed is trying to administrate Tigray woredas and kebeles directly from Addis Ababa rather than Mekele undermining the kilil government. In my view this is fair game.
Youre biased dude you have the guts to call TPLF illegal but cant admit abiy is the one who dismissed the constitution and pursued his childhood dream of becoming 7th king of ethiopia. He intentionally postponed the election without consultatiom of the different stakeholders and put the most prominent opposition leaders behind the bars and without all these bad moves by the puppet called abiy the country would've hold its elections and things will go smoothly so he should be the one to be blamed for all this mess not the TPLF who refused to be subjects of the 7th abyssinian king.

Youre biased dude you have the guts to call TPLF illegal but cant admit abiy is the one who dismissed the constitution and pursued his childhood dream of becoming 7th king of ethiopia. He intentionally postponed the election without consultatiom of the different stakeholders and put the most prominent opposition leaders behind the bars and without all these bad moves by the puppet called abiy the country would've hold its elections and things will go smoothly so he should be the one to be blamed for all this mess not the TPLF who refused to be subjects of the 7th abyssinian king.

Wrong! Abiy and his party openly were for the election to be held. When corona became wide spread the election board said it can't hold the election o schedule because so many of its material came from abroad and it has to train over 100k election officials during lock down. So there was a constitutional problem and the government went this problem to the constitutional court and the court in the house of federation decide to postponed it for 9 months.

TPLF on the other, instead of going to the house of federation who has the authority to decide on any constitutional dispute, went and illegally created a fake election board and held a fake election in which it won 99%. This is of course unconstitutional since there is only one election board according to the constitution. You can't just grab federal power and get away with it.

And concerning those activists and opposition figures who were jailed. Yes, I am concerned that some of them may be innocent but some of them are clearly were inciting ethnic violence openly and caused hundreds of innocent deaths and huge damage to property. PM Abiy gave them free pass for the last 2 years but they ended up agitating for h@tu style genocide and ethnic cleansing. That is where they miscalculated. Believe me some of them will be in jail for a long time. There is simply too much evidence about their crimes.

Its clear that abiy postponed the election after he saw many opposition leaders posing electoral threat to him and so he planned to make environment that will enable him to re elect him self and thats what TPLF rejected as they are the only political group who has retained its political say amid renaissance of nazist dictatorial regimes in ethiopia. TPLF called for comprehensive national dailogue but no one listened and abiy together with clique single-handedly decided to postpone the election leaving the tigrai people only two options
1. To accept a decision that doesnt only embody abiy's comeback to the office but also consolidating power to the hands of nazist units in addisababa.
2.To hold their election and take control of their region until the constitution is respected. And this second option is more wise if youre impartial.

As for the opposition leaders, Among thousands of oromo poltical prisoners detained after hachalu's death, except Jawar which is accused of having illegal satellite no one else is filed with tangible evidence apart from the vague politically motivated accusation of inciting violence and more importantly none of them is charged formally. Above all there are detainees in which the court had granted a bail to them but still kept in custody cuz abiy rejected the decision of the court( check on addis standard) and this reveals how the entire system is rigged.

And again it shows how youre biased by accusing the opposition leaders of the deaths of hundreds of oromo's who have shot brutally to death by the abiy's soldiers. All the political prisoners are oromo and all the killed civilians are oromo so now youre telling me that oromo political leaders are inciting ethnic cleansing against oromo!!!! What a joke.
If there is an ethnic cleansing in ethiopia it should be the one carried out by Abiy and his nazist amhara masters against oromo civilians. Youre the oppressor yet you are the crying one.

Its clear that abiy postponed the election after he saw many opposition leaders posing electoral threat to him and so he planned to make environment that will enable him to re elect him self and thats what TPLF rejected as they are the only political group who has retained its political say amid renaissance of nazist dictatorial regimes in ethiopia. TPLF called for comprehensive national dailogue but no one listened and abiy together with clique single-handedly decided to postpone the election leaving the tigrai people only two options
1. To accept a decision that doesnt only embody abiy's comeback to the office but also consolidating power to the hands of nazist units in addisababa.
2.To hold their election and take control of their region until the constitution is respected. And this second option is more wise if youre impartial.

As for the opposition leaders, Among thousands of oromo poltical prisoners detained after hachalu's death, except Jawar which is accused of having illegal satellite no one else is filed with tangible evidence apart from the vague politically motivated accusation of inciting violence and more importantly none of them is charged formally. Above all there are detainees in which the court had granted a bail to them but still kept in custody cuz abiy rejected the decision of the court( check on addis standard) and this reveals how the entire system is rigged.

And again it shows how youre biased by accusing the opposition leaders of the deaths of hundreds of oromo's who have shot brutally to death by the abiy's soldiers. All the political prisoners are oromo and all the killed civilians are oromo so now youre telling me that oromo political leaders are inciting ethnic cleansing against oromo!!!! What a joke.
If there is an ethnic cleansing in ethiopia it should be the one carried out by Abiy and his nazist amhara masters against oromo civilians. Youre the oppressor yet you are the crying one.

I may be biased but it looks like you only know Ethiopian politics from the surface and have no clue what is really going on. Please get your facts straight. Unless the opposition activists and politicians completely divorce their politics and rhetoric from violence and inciting violence against civilians and minorities, they will always make it easy for the government to enforce rule of law and jail them.

Last edited:
I may be biased but it looks like you only know Ethiopian politics from the surface and have no clue what is really going on. Please get your facts straight. Unless the opposition activists and politicians completely divorce their politics and rhetoric from violence and inciting violence against civilians and minorities, they will always make it easy for the government to enforce rule of law and jail them.

First of all I am absolutely against any form of violence against another civilian.

This report mentioned only the death of one man and that backs up my assumption that oromo protestors didnt cause the death of more than few people during their OLM protests, so this report just brings the credibility of this source into question especially when they use the word "ethnic cleansing" to refer the death of single man.

I think its a common knowledge that whenever there is a conflict between the ruling elite and another group (ethnic group in the case of ethiopia), this ethnic group would express part of its anger by targeting the people of the same ethnicity as that of the elite, and there is hundreds of examples of this happening every year in ethiopia, you can just google it if you wanna know how ethnic clashes and ethnic hunting are common in ethiopia, and this case you raised is not of so much different from the earlier thousands of its kind unless you've a hidden agenda.

The death of a single old man by an angry protestors doesnt amount to an ethnic cleansing. Imagine me calling the death of two somalis in Japan an ethnic cleansing. :pachah1:

Its abiy who is trying to portay oromo protests which is meant to call for justice for haachalu as an ethnic cleansing to justify the death of the hundreds of oromo ethnic group and the detention of another thousands.
See how oromo protestors who havent even destroyed 4% of what BLM protestors did have ended up getting hundreds more deaths. Abiy's pots are streaming few destroyed huts to put dirty on oromo protests and conceal the reality on the ground.

warya @xabashi come in.

Take a look at this news, its just one hour ago. It seems that the opression and cruelty against oromo civilians is happening on a daily bases.

Whenever 20 oromo dudes come together, the abiys soldiers are coming out of nowhere to kill half of them. :pachah1:

And remember these are the folks whose struggle lead abiy's rise to the office. What would you expect for tigrai which are the eternal enemy of amhara, they will all get persecuted in a couple of days if abiy gets the chance to take control of them.

How much evidences you need to comeacross before you embrace that Abiy is the worst dictator ATM and tigrai has the right to defend their self determination.
Screenshot_2020-10-12-13-43-14.png

First of all I am absolutely against any form of violence against another civilian.

This report mentioned only the death of one man and that backs up my assumption that oromo protestors didnt cause the death of more than few people during their OLM protests, so this report just brings the credibility of this source into question especially when they use the word "ethnic cleansing" to refer the death of single man.

I think its a common knowledge that whenever there is a conflict between the ruling elite and another group (ethnic group in the case of ethiopia), this ethnic group would express part of its anger by targeting the people of the same ethnicity as that of the elite, and there is hundreds of examples of this happening every year in ethiopia, you can just google it if you wanna know how ethnic clashes and ethnic hunting are common in ethiopia, and this case you raised is not of so much different from the earlier thousands of its kind unless you've a hidden agenda.

The death of a single old man by an angry protestors doesnt amount to an ethnic cleansing. Imagine me calling the death of two somalis in Japan an ethnic cleansing. :pachah1:

Its abiy who is trying to portay oromo protests which is meant to call for justice for haachalu as an ethnic cleansing to justify the death of the hundreds of oromo ethnic group and the detention of another thousands.
See how oromo protestors who havent even destroyed 4% of what BLM protestors did have ended up getting hundreds more deaths. Abiy's pots are streaming few destroyed huts to put dirty on oromo protests and conceal the reality on the ground.

You must be really out of sync on Ethiopian politics for even questioning about the many deaths and massacres of non-oromo civilians by the extemist mob. There are tones of eyewitnesses who went through hell but most of the videos are in Amharic so I am only posting what english medias are saying. Here is one report from Addis Standard (oromo owned media).

https://addisstandard.com/in-depth-...ity-in-oromia-leave-death-trails-destruction/

Anyway, as I said before, as long as oromo extremists politicians and activists refuse to divorce themselves from h@tu genocidal rethroic and inciting ethnic cleansing politics, they will always be an easy target for the government to get them out of the political arena and put them in jail. Downplaying and overlooking these kind of grave barbarism will not do the job. Instead, distancing and openly condemning is the way forward which none of the jailed politicians were able to do.

Last edited:
warya @xabashi come in.

Take a look at this news, its just one hour ago. It seems that the opression and cruelty against oromo civilians is happening on a daily bases.

Whenever 20 oromo dudes come together, the abiys soldiers are coming out of nowhere to kill half of them. :pachah1:

And remember these are the folks whose struggle lead abiy's rise to the office. What would you expect for tigrai which are the eternal enemy of amhara, they will all get persecuted in a couple of days if abiy gets the chance to take control of them.

How much evidences you need to comeacross before you embrace that Abiy is the worst dictator ATM and tigrai has the right to defend their self determination.View attachment 146211

If true I condemn any shooting of civilian protesters if they are protesting peacefully.
Btw, this is from Today, in Jimma Oromia.

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent
If true I condemn any shooting of civilian protesters if they are protesting peacefully.
Btw, this is from Today, in Jimma Oromia.

What's the latest agreement between Abiy and Afwerki about is it economical and will Ethiopia pursue Assab port because I remember throughout the years Ethiopians used to cite that place as being part of Ethiopia.

What's the latest agreement between Abiy and Afwerki about is it economical and will Ethiopia pursue Assab port because I remember throughout the years Ethiopians used to cite that place as being part of Ethiopia.

Eritrea is currently upgrading its two ports and the EU is funding road constructions between the two countries. My personal sources are telling me that both governments have completed all the legal framework and paper work in the background to kickstart trade and business between the two countries. My feeling is a big economic cooperation is on the way supported by the big international partners.

Amhara are finished.
Their intolerant Deputy Prime minister spoke today and told Amhara to puck up atms and fight a minority ethnic group in Beni shangul.
We know that Amhara have been forcefully settling in Benishangul state using Ethiopian state resources.
The Beni shangul were fighting for their land and not inside Amhara state.

So you see how rscist and criminal Amhara are
Anyway their days are numbered alot of them will join Haile Selasise soo.

Its Ethiopia Vs Amhara today.

Amhara tried to vilify Oromos and character assasinate them but it backfired bardly on them.

Now Amhara policies are crumbling and they know all ethiopian ethnic groups are turning against them.

Abye was even weak to claim to IC that he feared the Somali Kilil would break away.This has been the card for 100 years xabashi have been using to get unconditional support from the west.

Everyone is aware of how dangerous Amhara are the filthy Tigray come second.

Amhara haburburto.

Amhara are finished.
Their intolerant Deputy Prime minister spoke today and told Amhara to puck up atms and fight a minority ethnic group in Beni shangul.
We know that Amhara have been forcefully settling in Benishangul state using Ethiopian state resources.
The Beni shangul were fighting for their land and not inside Amhara state.

So you see how rscist and criminal Amhara are
Anyway their days are numbered alot of them will join Haile Selasise soo.

Its Ethiopia Vs Amhara today.

Amhara tried to vilify Oromos and character assasinate them but it backfired bardly on them.

Now Amhara policies are crumbling and they know all ethiopian ethnic groups are turning against them.

Abye was even weak to claim to IC that he feared the Somali Kilil would break away.This has been the card for 100 years xabashi have been using to get unconditional support from the west.

Everyone is aware of how dangerous Amhara are the filthy Tigray come second.

Amhara haburburto.

Looks like you got the above insider info from merqan news.
:chrisfreshhah:
See you again when you come back to the land of sober reality.

Trending

Latest posts