Writing and drawing my own independent manga. Please tell me what you think about my ideas

I’m making a couple of stories. I do this for the art and my goal is to be a niche/independent mangaka. Here’s my ideas.
My seinen/black comedy’s story is that a disillusioned 26 year old half-Somali college dropout that gets caught up in an extreme version of dhaqan celis .
I want to do an anthology manga series of Somali folktales and make illustrations of Somali proverbs.
A shonen manga about the grandson of Queen Arawelo with a revenge theme and a reverse Handsmaid Tale type of setting.
And last, a gag manga that a parody of woke/pan-Africanisms/conspiracy theory with dogs. Hard subjects will be addressed such as Mutts should be able to complete in dog shows along side purebreds, dogs being descents of wolves is lie and dogs actually came from lions and dolphins, PETA is a hate group, foxes are sellouts and fake canines . There’s a sect of dogs that worship hyenas and believe es are gods. The title is called Hidden Collars.
What do you think ? I really appreciate any and all criticism. I’ve practically my drawing and writing because I haven’t done neither in 5 years.

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
I’m making a couple of stories. I do this for the art and my goal is to be a niche/independent mangaka. Here’s my ideas.
My seinen/black comedy’s story is that a disillusioned 26 year old half-Somali college dropout that gets caught up in an extreme version of dhaqan celis .
I want to do an anthology manga series of Somali folktales and make illustrations of Somali proverbs.
A shonen manga about the grandson of Queen Arawelo with a revenge theme and a reverse Handsmaid Tale type of setting.
And last, a gag manga that a parody of woke/pan-Africanisms/conspiracy theory with dogs. Hard subjects will be addressed such as Mutts should be able to complete in dog shows along side purebreds, dogs being descents of wolves is lie and dogs actually came from lions and dolphins, PETA is a hate group, foxes are sellouts and fake canines . There’s a sect of dogs that worship hyenas and believe es are gods. The title is called Hidden Collars.
What do you think ? I really appreciate any and all criticism. I’ve practically my drawing and writing because I haven’t done neither in 5 years.
sounds like fun except the dog one the gaga would probably get old after couple chapters, maybe as a oneshot

sounds like fun except the dog one the gaga would probably get old after couple chapters, maybe as a oneshot
You’re right about Hidden Collars!!!! Also remember, yellow labs are just light skinned black labs. Black labs come in all shapes and colors. I should make it a fake site

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
You’re right about Hidden Collars!!!! Also remember, yellow labs are just light skinned black labs. Black labs come in all shapes and colors. I should make it a fake site
i would insist on making the politcal mesaging less obvious and more abstract themes that a lot people could relate to, simple concept like authority, death or consumerism can be explored in million of ways.
but that just mine opinion and you should write/draw what you want and worry about the details later.
anyways i seen your art and i truly feel i should't be givingyou advice because im still learning to draw. these are some old drawing drew 2-3 years (i've gotten beter since) but not nearly as you are
161421-021019.jpg
343021-021019.jpg
402821-021019.jpg

your average drone.png

Its my dream to start a manga set in Somalia. Setting is an Imperial Somalia that is oppressive of other African nations. The anime adaption has to have great af Somali voice acting and Mechas. :rejoice:

Its my dream to start a manga set in Somalia. Setting is an Imperial Somalia that is oppressive of other African nations. The anime adaption has to have great af Somali voice acting and Mechas. :rejoice:
I’m planning of it!!!! My stories have very nationalist themes. The main character’s name of the first story is Niles Aiden Hasan. I want it to be a classic hero’s journey. Niles starts was a ashy half breed that’s a bit of a simp, but has a deep hidden bloodlust and pride. The martial art system will be based on the principles of xeer, honour (sharaf), being one with God and nature to the bend the world to your favor. I’m going make the Somali version of Waaq a H.P Lovecraft deity that became the Aramaic God and won the love of all three aspects of God. The dhaqan celis to be staged like Dante’s Inferno. What do you think?

I’m planning of it!!!! My stories have very nationalist themes. The main character’s name of the first story is Niles Aiden Hasan. I want it to be a classic hero’s journey. Niles starts was a ashy half breed ******* that’s a bit of a simp, but has a deep hidden bloodlust and pride. The martial art system will be based on the principles of xeer, honour (sharaf), being one with God and nature to the bend the world to your favor. I’m going make the Somali version of Waaq a H.P Lovecraft deity that became the Aramaic God and won the love of all three aspects of God. The dhaqan celis to be staged like Dante’s Inferno. What do you think?
Wallahi that sounds very interesting. I like the pagan God touch with a Lovecraft atmosphere.

I think you've written intelligent stuff on here, I liked what you wrote about the AA Civil Rights movement....

but drawing images is haraam!

at least don't draw stuff with faces

maybe draw rocks and trees

or if that does not appeal, why not just write? I am sure you could be a talented writer

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I think you've written intelligent stuff on here, I liked what you wrote about the AA Civil Rights movement....

but drawing images is haraam!

at least don't draw stuff with faces

maybe draw rocks and trees

or if that does not appeal, why not just write? I am sure you could be a talented writer
Drawing is worldwide now. It's a bit impractical to avoid it. We can also pay gaals to draw for us and animate shows.

Trending