Would you tip her, gabadhan somali ? ...inspirational! Geesiyad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't call her brave, but she's inspiring for working and feeding all 7 of her kids and paying her way.

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS
Nah I wouldn't... I imagine you'd get weird looks if you tip your Uber driver here. I didn't even realise you lot tipped uber drivers, do you tip cabbies also?

VixR

Veritas
Nah I wouldn't... I imagine you'd get weird looks if you tip your Uber driver here. I didn't even realise you lot tipped uber drivers, do you tip cabbies also?
Yes! Damn, tipping is so not a thing in Europe. It's surprising every time I realize that. Here, it's integrated into the app... you're saying you don't have that option on your app?? My Lyft app has a tipping option at the end of the ride, and I believe Uber does too from when I was using it. I always tipped. There's a $1, $2, $5 and choose amount tip option on mine on top the ride cost, but it's optional. I'm shocked the apps are apparently different.

waraabe

Your superior
Yes! Damn, tipping is so not a thing in Europe. It's surprising every time I realize that. Here, it's integrated into the app... you're saying you don't have that option on your app?? My Lyft app has a tipping option at the end of the ride, and I believe Uber does too from when I was using it. I always tipped. There's a $1, $2, $5 and choose amount tip option on mine on top the ride cost, but it's optional. I'm shocked the apps are apparently different.
We don't have that here lol

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS
Damn, tipping is so not a thing in Europe. It's surprising every time I realize that. Here, it's integrated into the app... you're saying you don't have that option on your app?? My Lyft app has tipping option at the end of the rude, and I believe Uber does too from when I was using it. I always tipped. There's a $1, $2, $5 and choose amount option on mine.
Nope, there's no tipping option on Uber. Note sure about Lyft... I don't even think it exists here. I've never understood tipping. How much do you tip? I always thought it was 15-20% or is that just a movie thing? Say the uber arrives right on time, it's clean and gets you to your destination quickly..do you only tip then or are you expected to tip extra on top?

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot

I have not but I've only used it once.

They can't ask for a tip but you can just give it to them

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Nope, there's no tipping option on Uber. Note sure about Lyft... I don't even think it exists here. I've never understood tipping. How much do you tip? I always thought it was 15-20% or is that just a movie thing? Say the uber arrives right on time, it's clean and gets you to your destination quickly..do you only tip then or are you expected to tip extra on top?

You tip them on the side. As you getting off you just hand him the tip. It is not expected

She looks young. I'd tip her 25% for being a Somali, not because she has 7 kids. That's a choice she made.

Everyone else gets 10% tip unless they've been very outstanding.. they'll get 25%.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
She looks young. I'd tip her 25% for being a Somali, not because she has 7 kids. That's a choice she made.

Everyone else gets 10% tip unless they've been very outstanding.. they'll get 25%.

How come you don't tip at Somali restaurant ?

How come you don't tip at Somali restaurant ?

There's no service at Somali restaurants. Why should I tip people who take 30 minutes to bring you food with no banana available and who haven't wiped the tables clean. They ignore the fact that you've arrived 15 minutes ago and they are on their phones or watching TV and don't take your order.

If they gave me normal service, they would get my 25%.

On top of that, they will tell you there is no bariis and chicken BBQ left and tell you to get spaghetti and fish.

You're supposed to leave a restaurant at least satisfied but when you leave a Somali restaurant, you are very unsatisfied and annoyed

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
There's no service at Somali restaurants. Why should I tip people who take 30 minutes to bring you food with no banana available and who haven't wiped the tables clean. They ignore the fact that you've arrived 15 minutes ago and they are on their phones or watching TV and don't take your order.

If they gave me normal service, they would get my 25%.

On top of that, they will tell you there is no bariis and chicken BBQ left and tell you to get spaghetti and fish.

You're supposed to leave a restaurant at least satisfied but when you leave a Somali restaurant, you are very unsatisfied and annoyed

Do you live for these moments ? The chance to belittle your own. To disparage them and to demoralize them. :camby:

Is there anything hey makes you proud to be Somali. Even a siil ? Go try it t you haven't

Do you live for these moments ? The chance to belittle your own. To disparage them and to demoralize them. :camby:

Is there anything hey makes you proud to be Somali. Even a siil ? Go try it t you haven't

I will not tip anyone who gives me terrible service. I will tip any Somali above and beyond for giving me just satisfactory service. I am more than fair

Status
Not open for further replies.