Would you send your kids to dugsi?

Would you send your kids to dugsi

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeesto

VIP
No.
I am gonna take them on a pilgrimage to the holy Laas geel, the house of awoowe Waaq.:ohhhdamn:
Mesha ay ka yimaaden wa inay bartaan:siilaanyosmile:

Let me guess, you have scars from Dugsi days, got angry with God, became an atheist and through these sort of topics want to educate others about your choices in life. You also know others of similar peanut brains would sing to your tune and join the chorus.

Why are you folks so Predictable?

EMT

Oreos aren't halal approved
Let me guess, you have scars from Dugsi days, got angry with God, became an atheist and through these sort of topics want to educate others about your choices in life. You also know others of similar peanut brains would sing to your tune and join the chorus.

Why are you folks so Predictable?
:damn::damn::damn: Bisinka!!!! What did I do to receive such a harsh evaluation?!?

EMT

Oreos aren't halal approved
Yes? What type of question is that

I don't want to hear this from you w that kind of avi :drakelaugh:

Let's clear this up now: I'm pro dugsi regardless of the potential beat downs. Fear is a great motivator!

I don't support KPOP either.

:samwelcome:

as long as he doesnt kill them. im ok and as long as the dugsi actually teaches beneficial stuff about the deen. guess ill pay that $30-40 bucks a months.:siilaanyosmile:

Sultan

I am the Sultan
i was a dugsi teacher for a month.it is such a great profession and majority of dugsi teachers are responsibe and caring to their students

Last edited:
My kids are gonna go Dugsi (Dining room) I’m Xaafidh so I’ll teach them aha

It is better for the kids to socialize and learn/grow in an environment that nurtures a sense of belonging and community. Dugsi is not simply a place to learn the Quran but social gathering for people of the same ethnic and culture stripes. They have more chances of growing up with an identity that is close to yours as a parent with your immersion of them into that setting. They would have no doubts about who they are which contributes to high self esteem.

You want to raise kids who identify themselves as Somalis and who share your views of the world for their own self worth and survival in a culture that has both good and bad. The benefits are tremendous.

When these kids hit the old age where they will need help of family and community, to be bailed out of any calamity, to find comfort in blood relatives, to even be buried as Somali Muslims, they would need a background that prepared them to find such solutions in times of need.

All these hard work would not be necessary if we lived in Somalia. Society would simply take care of most of your social needs including your burial when you die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts