Would you name your kids Arabic/ Muslim or Somali names?

Would you name your kids Arabic / Muslim names or Somali names?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never arab names Somali names all day, I'm very thankful to my dad for not naming me mohamed and instead opted for Guled ( what a noble name)
:trumpsmirk:

Malcolm X

The price of freedom is death
My parents gave me an Arabic name (both names)

I'm considering to go as far as to give my kids Somali surname, and possibly consider changing my "western" name to match my kids names

I really don't like how arabized our culture has become.

We don't want to be next sudanis.

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
I would try to give them Somali names but unfortunately they are extremely easy to butcher in terms of pronunciation.
:snoop:

Like I really like the name "Naleye" but imagine how many different ways ajnabis might mess that up. Or a name like "Warsame" or "Barwaaqo." They even mess up basic names like "Hodan" and "Fadumo," the latter is just a Somali version of an Arabic name anyway
:damn:

Arab names should be banned in Somalia. Arabs are the only race to have fought Allah's messenger and to have tried to kill him. There's nothing Islamic about their names, national dress, or culture. We should allow only names that are native to Somalis. We don't want any Abu Doonfaars and Abu Qaniis. We want Gurey, Abshir, Samatar, Deqo, Fartuun, etc.

Arab imperialism must be fought.

HuunoHunter

Old Head 👴🏿
Best names for your boys is:
Rage/Raage
Gerad
Egaal/Egal

Rage can be pronounced as rage of the English word.

Gerad can be pronounced as normal English Gerard.

The same can be done with Egal being pronounced as Eagle.

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
Best names for your boys is:
Rage/Raage
Gerad
Egaal/Egal

Rage can be pronounced as rage of the English word.

Gerad can be pronounced as normal English Gerard.

The same can be done with Egal being pronounced as Eagle.
There's a thread on this mate you can see all types of Somali names here.
@Armadillo, @Bonjour, @fox, @TSP, @bgdlg Have you no shame? In this day and age, on somalifront you'd name your kids Arabic names?
Why would you care what goes in Stormfront? Are you scared of these cadaans? Fulaay maa tahay?

somali name.

my name was somali but my dad changed it to an arabic when we came to canada idk why, :childplease:
i like my name though so its all good.

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
Are you dense? What did I say about stormfront?
You didn't understand what I said. You're comparing SSPOT to Stormfront and asking those you @ed why they would name their children Somali names based on what other people the likes of Stormfront and some SSPOT members think. I wouldn't name my children Arabic names because I feel like we need to keep our culture. You shouldn't care what others think :fittytousand:

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
You didn't understand what I said. You're comparing SSPOT to Stormfront and asking those you @ed why they would name their children Somali names based on what other people the likes of Stormfront and some SSPOT members think. I wouldn't name my children Arabic names because I feel like we need to keep our culture. You shouldn't care what others think :fittytousand:
I'm judging them by sspot standards. I know what you mean. I'm kidding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending