Would you name your children western names to help them “get ahead” in life?

the most of us already have foregin names, so why not.

So you think that Warsame Aideed Barsane is a foreign name
9618605A-F0D2-401B-B2BC-9218BAB9436C.png

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
I seriously like that. I think I need to change mine too lol. What you think of Anaïs Antoinette
Saint Laurent 😂😂

Marie-Anne Anaïs Robert-Houdin,

long name but you'll have the same cool vibe as the famous french Magician, inventor and basically Harry Houdini's inspiration (in name and also he inspired him in his career in Magic)

I love names like his, they make you stand out and sound automatically rich-snob-bourgeois

1623296061241.png

Jean-Eugène Robert-Houdin - Wikipedia

:icon lol::icon lol:

ex
I remember living next to a young Somali family that named their children very westernized names (like Noah, Alicia) when I asked why one day she said she didn’t want their children to be bullied because of their names and wanted them to get ahead in life.

I thought it was kinda weird considering they can’t erase their skin tone and will prob still deal with racism anyway so what’s the point. Let them have unapologetically Somali/Islamic names and be proud of their identity. That’s what I’m doing with my future kids
exactly lol its better to be proud. for example obama never changed his middle name hussein even when running for office

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.
Not sure but I do see it becoming a trend. It’s better to name your children good names that everyone uses and it’s easier for everybody to pronounce. Sarah or Adam are great examples and are Islamic names too.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
I remember living next to a young Somali family that named their children very westernized names (like Noah, Alicia) when I asked why one day she said she didn’t want their children to be bullied because of their names and wanted them to get ahead in life.

I thought it was kinda weird considering they can’t erase their skin tone and will prob still deal with racism anyway so what’s the point. Let them have unapologetically Somali/Islamic names and be proud of their identity. That’s what I’m doing with my future kids
i was thinking about naming my son lesley and my daughter maria :sass1:

Somali parents give white names (with white spellings) to their daughters all the time. Natasha, Jasmine, Mona, Sarah, Nadia, Sabrina, Linda, Hana, and Maria. You all know the list is endless and I have only provided a few. I have even seen a Susan (she swears she didn't change it from Sowsan).

No, imagine my great great grandchildren reciting their ancestors name's, Ismail, Ahmed, Guleed, all the normal names, and then fucking Noah pops up

I think Naming my kids europeans names make them head of life but to abond their muslim somali names i would name my kids muslim somali names no matter what
Idk How many think i Naming their Kid or Kids wester name would make them head of life it doesn't make them it just make them to abond their muslim somali names

Unpopular opinion but I find some ethnic Somali names a lil too harsh for my liking :wow:
Cambaro
Barkhad
Ugbad
Cawaale
Burhaan (surprisingly, this one's more feminine to me)
The list goes on...