Would you marry someone with a mental illness

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
I meet up with a close friend the other day, and she told me she recently got engaged and I asked how her relationship been , and she said it's fun sometimes and sometimes not, she shared with me her man has schizophrenia and biploar and she knew it before she got engaged to him, she accepted it because she loves him.

I was like wow you white girls are something else lol.
My question is would you marry someone with an mental illness?

Last edited:
I meet up with a close friend the other day, and she told me she recently got engaged and I asked how her relationship been , and she said it's fun sometimes and sometimes not, she shared with me her man has schizophrenia and biploar and she knew it before she got engaged to him, she accepted it because she loves him.

I was like wow you white girls are something else lol
Islamically it is not acceptable.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

I was like wow you white girls are something else lol

White people are so stable. They behave like Muslims, and Muslims behave like gaalo lol

White people household is more a two parent household than single mother or father. The mental illness is not a big deal for them.

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
White people are so stable. They behave like Muslims, and Muslims behave like gaalo lol

White people household is more a two parent household than single mother or father. The mental illness is not a big deal for them.
The girl is also taken on being a mother to his two other children from his ex.

I was like you are crazy lol

Apollo

VIP
People with severe mental illnesses like schizophrenia or bipolar disorder IMO should not pass on their genes. It is very selfish of them to do that as those diseases are highly heritable.

But for mild stuff like ADHD or mild anxiety I'd be more lenient.

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
Terrible idea. Bipolar + schizophrenia?? I don’t wanna be rude but this seems like a very unstable situation. Must be true love because could never be me

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Wouldn't severe mental illness present an obstacle in forging a relationship? Not saying it's not possible but it would be challenging similar to dealing with a person with an addiction.

Wouldn't severe mental illness present an obstacle in forging a relationship? Not saying it's not possible but it would be challenging similar to dealing with a person with an addiction.

Absolutely, for example dealing with a partner with BPD, they would literally punish you for untrue scenarios that happened in their minds.

Black and white thinking. Dealing with that on daily basis is exhausting, and would make any relationship almost impossible to maintain.