Would you live in an ethnic Somali enclave in the Western world?

Would you live in an ethnic Somali neighborhood in the West?

• Yes

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • No

Votes: 21 67.7%

• Total voters
Most major western cities populated with large number of immigrants/ refugees have ethnic neighborhoods. Some people prefer to stay within those ethnic borders and don’t venture out even preferring to find work within the area. I think these ethnic enclaves prevent new immigrants from integrating with the majority population and contributes to economic stagnation and poverty amongst the ethnic enclave. Ethnic communities should spread apart and not congregate in one part of the city

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
Most major western cities populated with large number of immigrants/ refugees have ethnic neighborhoods. Some people prefer to stay within those ethnic borders and don’t venture out even preferring to find work within the area. I think these ethnic enclaves prevent new immigrants from integrating with the majority population and contributes to economic stagnation and poverty amongst the ethnic enclave. Ethnic communities should spread apart and not congregate in one part of the city
nahh Minnesota sucks at the moment

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
I wouldn't mind if it was an enclave we built up ourselves instead of ghetto public housing shared with other section 8 neighbours.

Something like China Town would be something to be proud of.

Every square feet in those locations is worth a ton.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
If it's not a poor and ghetto then yes. I knew one neighborhood that had a Somali community like that (more like half a neighborhood) it was pretty nice.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Living in a 68 IQ enclave is a recipe for disaster. Many innocent people have been killed for that.

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
No way we’ve already seen Minnesota turn into Mogadishu. I love my fellow Somalis but we’re too fragmented to live civil with one another. Sorry it is what it is :sass2:

Minnesota is probably the only place with multiple suburbs with areas that middle to upper class Somali’s livingin

Where do you live amongst your people your children grow up to have a high self-worth and self-esteem they learn to value their culture and they speak Somali fluently they’re able to learn the Quran amongst other benefits

Trending