would you ever adopt?

so growing up I heard so many stories about Somali parents being so damn abusive. like beating with hammer , not feeding and not providing clothes and leaving them out on the streets...
so now that I'm older and a mother …. I cant stop thinking about this …

obviously we live in a white mans world … have you all every thought of becoming a foster parent .. whether or not you married ..because I've noticed no Somalis adopting Somalis out here (correct me if I'm wrong)

Last edited:

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
InshaAllah one day I would love to adopt. There are so many children who need a safe and loving home, I hope I can provide that for a child or two. But my husband insists we finish having and raising our own kids first 🙄.

InshaAllah one day I would love to adopt. There are so many children who need a safe and loving home, I hope I can provide that for a child or two. But my husband insists we finish having and raising our own kids first 🙄.

right.. idkk i feel guilty ... like even now hearing a reacurring storie in our community . inshallah one day...

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
right.. idkk i feel guilty ... like even now hearing a reacurring storie in our community . inshallah one day...

Why guilty?

I have heard of a few neglected Somali kids. The worse one was a little boy adopted by an Ethiopian family ( habesha have a big adoption/foster care culture in the UK). His mum was a crack addict and his father was in and out of prison. Thankfully such people are not common in our community - but they defo exist.

Why guilty?

I have heard of a few neglected Somali kids. The worse one was a little boy adopted by an Ethiopian family ( habesha have a big adoption/foster care culture in the UK). His mum was a crack addict and his father was in and out of prison. Thankfully such people are not common in our community - but they defo exist.

guilty in a sense , i wish i could take all children out of bad situations

Nafiso Qalanjo

𝖂𝖊'𝖗𝖊 𝖌𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖜𝖆𝖗 𝖇𝖆𝖇𝖞!
Yes, Somalia is facing an Orphanage crisis. Many children there are displaced due to poverty and conflict. My dream Adopting 4-6 kids from a Somali orphanage somewhere in my late 20s.

so growing up I heard so many stories about Somali parents being so damn abusive. like beating with hammer , not feeding and not providing clothes and leaving them out on the streets...

obviously we live in a white mans world … have you all every thought of becoming a foster parent .. whether or not you married ..because I've noticed no Somalis adopting Somalis out here (correct me if I'm wrong)
What utter crap. I NEVER heard of a Somali parent abusing their kids like this. With a hammer? seriously?

Discipline yes but not severe abuse.

Anyway yes Somalis don't adopt other Somalis and this needs to change.

What utter crap. I NEVER heard of a Somali parent abusing their kids like this. With a hammer? seriously?

Discipline yes but not severe abuse.

Anyway yes Somalis don't adopt other Somalis and this needs to change.

you would be surprised the the stories people went through, its the sad reality. we like to think we are in another world thinking "oh never in our community " but it happens

but yaaa change is good

i'd love to!!!! there are so many kids out there desperate for someone to take care of them, and protect them,, if i were able to do so i'd do it in a heartbeat :<<< it's my #1 goal as soon as i finish uni and get a career