Votes: 9 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
I lot of first gen somalis send but money home to their relatives. What most of your has are second gen and have never visited Somalia. Personally, I'm not and thankful in a position that that my relatives able to generate their own income and most live in the West. If I it wasn't the case I wouldn't send anything or teach them how not to be desperate leechs. I don't give even money to distance clan members that live in the ghetto of my city forget the ones in the third world.

So will you been sending money back home?

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
You gotta change it up, my family funds my relatives business ideas back home instead of just giving them money. Its crazy to see some of the growth some of them have had over the years.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
You gotta change it up, my family funds my relatives business ideas back home instead of just giving them money. Its crazy to see some of the growth some of them have had over the years.
No, I don't follow this. Plus, my family doesn't make close to what some of my relatives do. It's why nobody really comes to us for help.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
No, I don't follow this. Plus, my family doesn't make close to what some of my relatives do. It's why nobody really comes to us for help.

Well if no one is asking then you are good to go lol

I lot of first gen somalis send but money home to their relatives. What most of your has are second gen and have never visited Somalia. Personally, I'm not and thankful in a position that that my relatives able to generate their own income and most live in the West. If I it wasn't the case I wouldn't send anything or teach them how not to be desperate leechs. I don't give even money to distance clan members that live in the ghetto of my city forget the ones in the third world.

So will you been sending money back home?

I don’t know 99% of the relatives who live back home. The only person I would be sending money to are my parents and my grandmother.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
11256.jpg

dr.leorio

death\emitter
The next generation will not send money back home. Why would they? They don't know anything about them. Heck most of these kids don't speak Somali.

If I became well off, I could see myself creating for them (family in Africa that I have never met) a self-sustaining source of income. But no, I would not send monthly remittances that encourage dependence. It would ruin us both--I would have trouble realizing my financial goals, and they'd never learn to fend for themselves.