Would Western therapy work for a sister in Somalia?

Hi yall!
I would love to hear ur honest opinion on this & perhaps any advice. I've a female friend based in Somalia. She is in her last year of A level IGCSE and speaks good English. She is not performing really well in school & her sister is topping her class often her parents compare her with her sister and other kids why is not getting good grades like the rest. Her school attendance is not as regular, she lowkey hates some of her teachers & the dad is pressuring her shouting all the time at her. Due to this she extremly fears the dad, and does not share anything with the rest of her family. As soon as she comes from school she locks up herself in a room, often complains of migraine. She had quransaar recently & someone was speaking over her saying they love & will not leave her alone. I suggested if she could try therapy & she agreed but only will go with one from abroad as she fears local one will disclose to the family what she talks about during the session. Her mom will pay the cost. Please share if a therapy would help & overview of it as well if u can relate to her. Anything is greatly appreciated!

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
Therapy is only as good as the therapist. She's going to go through a few of them before she finds a good one.

She also needs to add prayer and reflecting on qadar Allah for her spiritual health and exercise+diet for her physical health.

They are all connected and will give her the momentum and confidence to do more and also give her more resilience for the tough times.

What you can do is be a geniune friend to her and be someone she can trust, don't tell her business to anyone else. Just having someone real by your side makes a lot of difference especially in this fake world.

Remind her that having actionable steps and a routine are the fundamentals of good mental health and to be lenient on herself because its a progression thing not a perfection thing.

Trending