Would somalia be better off colonized

Nah Italy needs its own colonization. Russia, The U.K. or the US is really the only decent options

Why would any country want to occupy us now? The US failed to occupy Afghanistan and Iraq want makes you think they want to occupy Somalia. Plus there focus is deporting Somalis not occupying them lol.

Will this foreign country you suggest also occupy Somaliliand and Puntland?

Plus any non Muslim country occupying us will give legitimacy to al-shaabab. How did they get strong in the first place? Ethopia invaded us that's how.

Why would any country want to occupy us now? The US failed to occupy Afghanistan and Iraq want makes you think they want to occupy Somalia. Plus there focus is deporting Somalis not occupying them lol.

Will this foreign country you suggest also occupy Somaliliand and Puntland?

Plus any non Muslim country occupying us will give legitimacy to al-shaabab. How did they get strong in the first place? Ethopia invaded us that's how.
We just need to make ourselves useful. What do we have that others want? Oil? Uranium? Control of the Indian Ocean?

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
No but we need someone that doesn't give a fukk about the rules and playing fair to lead us. Someone non corrupt and preferably has a military background :manny:

I would rather be a self ruled shithole than prosper and be under the rule of some cadaans :susp::kodaksmiley:

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
No I disagree , but we are better off seceding from each other .

There's no point to wish for colonialism revival , it's a sign of defeatism and equivalent to jumping off cliff whilst the outsiders bear the fruits.

I'm neither saying Somalia will eventually recover from the vicious cycle inflicted by Somalis , it's own people.

In an alternate universe , Somalia would be better off without Somalis there's no denying that , it would be somehow better , properly proportioned but you won't see that either instead your just another dusty ass black living in shanty towns and there's a price and a cost to pay , you will be treated like third class, non Somalis will have the upper hand and privalleges , your language and culture erased , your religion replaced with your occupier's religion

Your people will be blinded , ignorant and impoverished

Settlers arriving in large flocks to the cities of Mogadiscio , Markao , Chismeyo , Bosao , Joahar and the indigenous Somalis living in shanty towns
Then you'll also witness colonists importing different ethnicities from their colonies to Somalia to outnumber the Somalis
These people will be labelled as Creoles and they have more rights than you

If that is what you wish for count me out sxb

I prefer separate Somali sovereign states it's more peaceful and less of a headache than the current situation were in

Last edited:
No but we need someone that doesn't give a fukk about the rules and playing fair to lead us. Someone non corrupt and preferably has a military background :manny:

I would rather be a self ruled shithole than prosper and be under the rule of some cadaans :susp::kodaksmiley:
Minus the corruption part you basically described this guy

1F9E23F2-CC71-4844-8F39-C145FE8317BD.png

No I disagree , but we are better off seceding from each other .

There's no point to wish for colonialism revival , it's a sign of defeatism and equivalent to jumping off cliff whilst the outsiders bear the fruits.

I'm neither saying Somalia will eventually recover from the vicious cycle inflicted by Somalis , it's own people.

In an alternate universe , Somalia would be better off without Somalis there's no denying that , it would be somehow better , properly proportioned but you won't see that either instead your just another dusty ass black living in shanty towns and there's a price and a cost to pay , you will be treated like third class, non Somalis will have the upper hand and privalleges , your language and culture erased , your religion replaced with your occupier's religion

Your people will be blinded , ignorant and impoverished

If that is what you wish for count me out sxb

I prefer separate Somali sovereign states
How come all of those things didn’t happen when we were already colonized? And at this point the best option is progression. Culture should be a background piece that we pretend to practice. It’s like decorations, what matters is wealth and stability. I don’t get this weird concept of putting deqan first. Honestly culture is relative. If we built a time machine and bring someone from the 1800s the most cultured somali today would look weird to him. Where is this binary culture people talk about? When has it ever existed? Why do people shun progress? Honestly tradition is mostly made up. FGM is tradition but most of us look at it as stupid right?

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
How come all of those things didn’t happen when we were already colonized? And at this point the best option is progression. Culture should be a background piece that we pretend to practice. It’s like decorations, what matters is wealth and stability. I don’t get this weird concept of putting deqan first. Honestly culture is relative. If we built a time machine and bring someone from the 1800s the most cultured somali today would look weird to him. Where is this binary culture people talk about? When has it ever existed? Why do people shun progress? Honestly tradition is mostly made up. FGM is tradition but most of us look at it as stupid right?
Tbf the civil war can be traced back to colonialism. Our economy was on the verge of collapsing after the Ogaden war which wouldn't happen if we had Ogaden under our control like we did pre-colonialism. Also SNM revolting which was the main trigger for the civil war wouldn't happen if we had our original borders :manny:

Tbf the civil war can be traced back to colonialism. Our economy was on the verge of collapsing after the Ogaden war which wouldn't happen if we had Ogaden under our control like we did pre-colonialism. Also SNM revolting which was the main trigger for the civil war wouldn't happen if we had our original borders :manny:
True but Siad Barre didn’t help himself and I’m a marehan saying this. He sold his soul to the soviets and when they told him to not invade Ethiopia he should’ve listened. Why? Because it’s the Cold War and he had 3 options...never get involved, side with the US or side with the soviets. He chose soviets then disobeyed them. Castro even went and begged him not to do it. I don’t know if he was arrogant or stupid. At best we could’ve survived the Cold War. Now we don’t have Ogaden and the country has fallen.

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
@Zakeriya
within colonial period (1889-1960)
somalia had reached a literacy rate of 5% and had a life expectacy of 36 years.
meanwhile a bushman was abled to quadruble the literacy rate under 2 decades and life expectacy almost doubled under the civil war.:manny:

True but who could we all be ok with without another civil war?
I don’t understand what you wrote here.

Somalis nowadays care more about their stupid tuulo than the greater country. This ‘as long as it’s not my qabils city ’ is what’s destroying us. Growing up, all I remember was hearing my parents stories about Xamar, how beautiful it was and how everyone in spite of their tribe used to live there. Now, we have people who literally turn their nose up on inhabitants of Mogadishu, when it was considered the pearl of the Indian ocean, and their little tuulo had no running water, let alone a paved road. Who needs enemies to destroy us when we are doing a good job of this ourselves? Khasaaro.

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
Don't worry almost all nations go through civik war, ours is just a bit longer.

And don't forget that the once that say Somalia is better of colonised, don't actually know about the somali history.

These people are keyboard warriors against the Somali state. It might sound a bit dramatic, however it is the truth.

Somalis nowadays care more about their stupid tuulo than the greater country. This ‘as long as it’s not my qabils city ’ is what’s destroying us. Growing up, all I remember was hearing my parents stories about Xamar, how beautiful it was and how everyone in spite of their tribe used to live there. Now, we have people who literally turn their nose up on inhabitants of Mogadishu, when it was considered the pearl of the Indian ocean, and their little tuulo had no running water, let alone a paved road. Who needs enemies to destroy us when we are doing a good job of this ourselves? Khasaaro.
I meant how could we all be okay without another civil war if we followed 1 dictator. The last one alienated the landers who wanted a democracy, pissed of the MJs because he went into a war they didn’t want and when they rebelled he poisoned their drinking water. How do we know the next dictator won’t be too impulsive when people protest.

@Zakeriya
within colonial period (1889-1960)
somalia had reached a literacy rate of 5% and had a life expectacy of 36 years.
meanwhile a bushman was abled to quadruble the literacy rate under 2 decades and life expectacy almost doubled under the civil war.:manny:
Was that measured for people within the cities alone or people that lived in tuulos. That makes a difference.

Don't worry almost all nations go through civik war, ours is just a bit longer.

And don't forget that the once that say Somalia is better of colonised, don't actually know about the somali history.

These people are keyboard warriors against the Somali state. It might sound a bit dramatic, however it is the truth.
Colonialism was terrible. The British caused mass starvation by taking live stock from somali nomads and sending it to India for their troops. Still worse has happened since

yo who the hell is that dime in your pp:yloezpe:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Let’s face it, this independence shit has not panned out. We went from a fragile democracy to a dictatorship in 9 years. 9 years!?!? That’s about as long as game of thrones lasted. 21 years of that then anarchy. Then clan violence then BAM radical islamists. In 60 years we went through every worst case scenario. Why? We got the longest coast in Africa, resources, a great strategic location. Let’s face it it’s the people. We need a boot on our neck. Somalis love it....the last guy that controlled the country we called him daddy.

View attachment 89133

BIG FAT YES!

True. My parents always talked about how beautiful xamar is and how they wished they could return. Then I read the the clan/politics section of his forum where people make fun of Muqdisho calling it "Ugandishu, Amisomalia, Moryaandishu, bombadishu" and all sorts of toxic words.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
You reallly think so? Why?

Because i honestly believe the African person & brain is not made to be a leader. They cannot govern their own personal person, how can they govern a nation of Persons? Somali or African souls cannot handle leadership. Its complicated.

Last edited: