Would it be weird if I switch my Middle and Last name legally?

Unlike most Somalis, my name structure is: Personal, Father's name, Great-grandfather's name. The reason why I have my great-grandfather's name instead of my grandfather's is because my father wanted to share last names so it wouldn't be to confusing on government papers and such.

I'm thinking when I have children of my own, I would like their last names to be my father's name in order to keep up with tradition. Since I'm planning on doing this I feel like I could change my surname. I really like this idea because my father's name is an old Somali name and it would be nice as well.

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
My surname is my great grandfathers name, but my middle name is my fathers name.

I had thoughts of changing the surname. but I kept it as it is because its easy to pronounce and read.

It would be cool to change it. Have u discussed this with your parents?

My surname is my great grandfathers name, but my middle name is my fathers name.

I had thoughts of changing the surname. but I kept it as it is because its easy to pronounce and read.

It would be cool to change it. Have u discussed this with your parents?
Appreciate the support. Yeah, both my parents are actually fine with it. Theyre actually telling my older brother who's daughter is 8 months old; to try to change her last name as well.
If it won't complicate your life, why not? e.g. is the process easy?
Yeah its surprisingly very easy here

Trending

Latest posts