Would institutionalize your severely retarded child?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, far earlier then her

That what she wished she did.

She had such an unbearable disdain for her own child, referring to him as a
" cucumber" a " ting" without a personality even that hers barin damaged pet cat showed more affection.

Can't blame her really.

Apollo

VIP
She should have done an abortion. Why people still give birth to down syndrome babies with all the available detection mechanisms and abortion options is perplexing.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Absolutely heartbreaking and disgusting to read. That woman is a pathetic excuse for a parent. How can a woman spend nine months carrying a child and have this much disdain for them? She ought to see a psychiatrist - normal mothers aren't suppose to be speaking like that.

My best friend is retarded. I walk with him to the masjid every friday. He likes to ring my doorbell and hide every morning :ftw9nwa:one time he took a huge shit on my front yard and tried to run but hit the fence, he fell unconscious and was out for like 20minutes. I have all that on recording lol still I see his mother chasing him on the road every day. Shits a heavy burden ngl so I wont judge

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
I've heard the stories of what these facilities do. I would never be able to give my child to those savages. If I had a severely handicapped child, I would take care of them into adulthood until the day I die.

VixR

Veritas
I would’ve aborted it, if possible.

The body self-aborts the most severe of fetal aberrations, so I feel like if you can know that it’s not normal and you can chose, I would select/screen for the best circumstances.

Most severely disabled children aren’t cared for in the way they should be. And most people can’t handle it (even if they can for a while, they run out of steam bc they don’t have time for self-care. Some even end up killing the children, or themselves). I don’t blame her, bc I’ve worked with disabled kids through a hs program out of curiosity. Curiosity destroyed. Most people don’t know how hard it is. Not even close.

I wouldn’t put them in a home because sometimes they abuse kids, but taking care of a grown child or adult with the mind of a baby is hard work, especially when they can walk. It’s easier (Albeit still difficult) to care for ones in wheelchair, because you might treat them as you would a baby. But parents who have a severely disabled child who hits themselves and runs around, they can’t handle it so I would not judge them for putting them with a good facility, but at least visit them! Why would you want to forget your own child? For me If it were the case I would rather hire a home worker to help with the child around the house so I could do other things, but who knows. It’s not an easy situation

And it depends on the disability. Down syndrome children are usually more mellow. Severely autistic children can be more of a handful and usually are the cases where parents want to “quit”. So there’s that

Genesisx72

living off borrowed time
She has no right to complain as she knew her child would have issues. Also, @Ayaanle are you sure this isn't fake? I know of no such condition as described in the story

VixR

Veritas
I just read the story. I didn’t bother to read it beforehand.

She referred to him as a “cucumber” :damedamn:

My judgement stands lol. It’s clear she resents the hell out of the kid, she’s depressive and even [unfairly] blames him for the father’s death, bc he was killed in a freak accident working OT to help pay for the expenses (if you think kids are expensive, disabled kids knock it out of the park). I’m still sympathetic to her. He’d be better off in a home. These holier-than-thou comments and the reddit commentators alike, ie, most people, have no goddamn idea.

What I don’t understand is why she made the thread. The comments are 1000% predictable.

World

VIP
If that child was born in Somalia, it would have been killed.

I would kill it as well.

The weak should not survive.

You will never know unless you are in her shoes. Abortion would've solved this dilemma.

It is highly controversial, but mercy killing aka euthanasia should be considered in the most severe cases of disability like this one. What kind of life is that?

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
Absolutely heartbreaking and disgusting to read. That woman is a pathetic excuse for a parent. How can a woman spend nine months carrying a child and have this much disdain for them? She ought to see a psychiatrist - normal mothers aren't suppose to be speaking like that.

Only if he is a qanis,pyscho,salafi and so on i would

:bell:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending