Would any of you move back home permanently

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Barely anyone does permanently (not including the dhaqan celis). The longest I have seen was 2 years before he gave up. The few who did have adult children and they only spend their winters there in retirement.

As for me, no. If I go, it'll be for no longer than 2 weeks of vacay. But my past visits are likely my last.

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
I already lived in Somalia for over a year. It is only fun for a few months, afterwards you will miss the West.
I was there over one summer and I felt the same cause I have friends and school and a lot of other things here. It never felt like home but in the future it might.

If healthcare gets better I'd spend half the year there and the other half in the West.
Our generation's already losing the plot, 1/3 of our children will probably be full-blown gaals.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Honestly I would do this, probably not Muqdisho but maybe in the outskirts of the city. I’d go back after having some savings or spend like half the year there. Would any of you consider moving permanently or have you already moved?

Yes. When i reach 65 Inshalaaah i am moving to Hargeisa. Buy a house, and then commute back and forth to the US

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
If healthcare gets better I'd spend half the year there and the other half in the West.
Our generation's already losing the plot, 1/3 of our children will probably be full-blown gaals.
That’s what I’m saying. If we all stay in the west permanently without visiting Somalia our culture will eventually die out over here.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
I dont know, the white mans land is pretty comfortable.
Bro exacly. Who are they fooling going back kulaha :mjlol: There are litterly somalis in somalia dying to reach nairobi meanwhile i was born and raised in the west and live here comfortable why would i leave this behind? To live with some lamagoodle that can kill you over a camel any day of the week :drakekidding: . Lets be honnest 90% of the diaspora that live in the west will not go back home. I allready have accepted that. And i love living with cadaan people. They are so civilised :ohhhdamn:

Psychologist

Changemaker
Prophet? Drug woman?
Im messenger, not a women its ecco2k.
c58ee1dbd3f38c7aae05808f819d905e.jpg

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
No , I do not consider repatriating there , there is nothing for me , no relatives , all our lands were forcibly taken, still illegally inhabited , we have been displaced for a long time and
the people you know are either scattered across abroad or dead , so there is nothing , I believe returning would result in my death , like the many pioneers who tried to live there , sacrificed their money and everything
inspite for their love of repatriating they became casualties on the headlines , look we are homesick but we need to stop living in our delusions , we need to adapt and adjust to whatever hosting society we are in , yes and also
life in Somalia is very unpleasant unless you come from a family of the elite , corrupt and crooked politicians , land grabbers , warmongers or have tribal connections then yes they live lavishly from the xaaraam money they have stolen from the public.

I tied up a loose end and Somalia is a perfect example.
This is the Realest shit I heard in awhile. I plan on staying in the land I grew up in. If things become nice back home then I’ll cut my ticket the same day.

Until I can walk down the street there on my own without fear of getting raped and killed like I do in my current country no. It’s not a safe place for women