Worst dugsi experiences

salma saluuni

For the thrill💃🏽
What’s the craziest thing that happened to you at dugsi ?
I don’t even know where to start with mine. Our maclins were wild. From pulling off the girls hijabs to beating us up wires, sticks and the famous pencil in between the two fingers. There was no naxariis loooool. The craziest thing that happened to me was getting into a physical fight with the maclin which resulted in me getting kicked out. Me and him were fully exchanging bangs till he knocked me tf out looooool. We even had this room called the torture room named by the maclins. We had dugsi on weekends so sometimes the maclins would leave you in the torture room till the next morning.

The second and last actual dugsi institute I went to had a "torture room" but I'm pretty sure they just put you in time-out or something in there.
One of the macalins was my own uncle and I remember the day he beat me and my brother with a bamboo stick for not passing. My hand had painful red marks, but I was smart enough to bring a frozen water bottle with me. The other kids felt bad for us, since he was our uncle. I literally was there when he gave us the ride to the dugsi everyday and brought the bamboo sticks out of the trunk with his bag and everything :mjcry:

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
If only the somali community was as dedicated to education like they are to dugsi

Last edited:

Ronaldinho

All Praise To Allah |
VIP
It was me and some boys making some noises during salah we got caught as a caato skinny child this severely obese macalin slapped my back (actual back not futo) with full force I couldn't breathe I nearly died

salma saluuni

For the thrill💃🏽
It was me and some boys making some noises during salah we got caught as a caato skinny child this severely obese macalin slapped my back (actual back not futo) with full force I couldn't breathe I nearly died
Everyone used to move mad during salaah loooool

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
My first dugsi was this this old Pakistani lady. I loved her classes, she was knowledge, one of the most patient women i know and generally a great teacher/person. Plus she was an amazing cook.sadly, at one point she point her health started to get worse and her daughter took.

This is when the whole dugdsi went to shit. The daughter was a miserable women, cause unnecessary drama and problems. She started of at me and the other only black guy claiming we were causing trouble. Punishing us for no reason, giving us impossible tasks/homework and making are time more difficult.

Then starting making difficult for the others students and parents an cause so much drama. This dugsi the was running for nearly 20+ years just fine. Closed in a few months after she took over

My parents tried sending me to like 3 different dugsis during my childhood, but it would never work out because my parents saw how ineffective they were. the kids in the classes would just mess around the whole time and barely anything was learned, not to mention the somali macalins were abusive af and would hit everyone

salma saluuni

For the thrill💃🏽
My parents tried sending me to like 3 different dugsis during my childhood, but it would never work out because my parents saw how ineffective they were. the kids in the classes would just mess around the whole time and barely anything was learned, not to mention the somali macalins were abusive af and would hit everyone
I can relate. I went 7 different dugsis

salma saluuni

For the thrill💃🏽
The second and last actual dugsi institute I went to had a "torture room" but I'm pretty sure they just put you in time-out or something in there.
One of the macalins was my own uncle and I remember the day he beat me and my brother with a bamboo stick for not passing. My hand had painful red marks, but I was smart enough to bring a frozen water bottle with me. The other kids felt bad for us, since he was our uncle. I literally was there when he gave us the ride to the dugsi everyday and brought the bamboo sticks out of the trunk with his bag and everything :mjcry:
At least it was time out in the torture room for you. Can you imagine our parents allowed the maclins to keep us in the dugsi till the next day. Like they would lock us up in the room and leave a water bottle with caasho for us. We would only go home the following morning. Not to mention rats were in the torture room keeping us awake all night.