Worlds most endangered animal the Hirola which is a somali word meaning beige

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirate

Shep Tupacs brother
Abdullahi Ali: The World’s Rarest Antelope

Ali has been spearheading the conservation of the critically endangered hirola antelope (Beatragus hunteri) in northeastern Kenya since 2005. With a global population size of <500 individuals, its extinction would constitute the first loss of a mammalian genus in 80 years.

bio_frame.png

Name: Abdullahi H. Ali

Species: Hirola (Beatragus hunteri)

Twitter: @alihirola

Bio: Ali is a wildlife Biologist working with the National Museums of Kenya. His PhD dissertation focusses on the population ecology of hirola (Beatragus hunteri), an antelope restricted to the Kenya Somali border and arguably the world’s most endangered antelope.

NatureSpy is a non-profit organisation that aims to research and protect wildlife whilst engaging local communities, primarily using camera traps. NatureSpy supports Discover Conservation. Find out more...
What led you to a life in conservation?
I am a Kenyan national born in Garissa, Kenya and come from pastoral (ethnic Somali) community. I have been involved in wildlife conservation projects in Kenya for the last 10 years, particularly in North-Eastern parts of Kenya. In these areas, I have been involved not only in wildlife research, but also in grassroots conservation and outreach programmes. I got into conservation because I was born and brought up in wilderness areas and I have watched several wildlife species dwindle over the years in my native home. I was particularly alarmed by the rapid decline of elephants, hirola and the reticulated giraffes and this triggered my conservation career.

Most people will never have heard of the Hirola, so what can tell us about this unusual antelope?
I have been spearheading the conservation of the critically endangered hirola antelope (Beatragus hunteri) in northeastern Kenya and southwestern Somalia since 2005. With a global population size of <500 individuals, the hirola is the world’s most endangered antelope; its extinction would constitute the first loss of a mammalian genus since that of the thylacine in 1936.

hirola meaning the beige 1 in somali very majestic

9146754794_5793f2c3d9_b.jpg

Hirola-Antelope-bull1.jpg

prd_032544.jpg

heres where deyr located
b_hunteri_map-gif.39114

very majestic animal @cinina.... the Kenyans also poach dese and send it to rich arabs sheiks in UAE who own private ranches with rare animals

http://kenyasomali.blogspot.ca/2008/03/kenya-poachers-kill-hirola-antelope.html

Pirate

Shep Tupacs brother
What is the status of this animal?

Africa has some beautiful and unique wildlife.
dat found all over da place deyr the second smallest antelope in somalia after the Klipspringer
Klipspringer-portrait.jpg

dis antelope right here is rare and endangered animal the beira antelope (Beyrac in somali)
bejra-nebolshaja-vostochnoafrikanskaja-antilopa-animalreader.ru-010.jpg

dat found all over da place deyr the second smallest antelope in somalia after the Klipspringer
Klipspringer-portrait.jpg

dis antelope right here is rare and endangered animal beira antelope (Beyra in somali)
BEYRA.jpg

Thanks for the info. All I see are white tail and spotted deer. North American animals are :abuxyga: or maybe I am just used to seeing them all the time.

Pirate

Shep Tupacs brother
Thanks for the info. All I see are white tail and spotted deer. North American animals are :abuxyga: or maybe I am just used to seeing them all the time.
Africa cradle of mother fucking civilization garden of eden

heres my favourite gazelle its called the gemsbok the one somalia has is called beisa oryx it face looks like dat thang used in mental testing @Rorschach
718e8a72473ec185a640d69c6899df50.jpg

OryxPair-n4ra5ixatss4py3cp5cvoyx618jvminik13zic0ezo.jpg

oryx_of_the_world_by_rogerdhall-d9kujix.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts