Worldometers = mind blown

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rcv

Yeah. I'd love to see the algorithms and formulas they use to make these things happen. This is why I love math. You can do a lot of cool things, like this, with it.

R

rcv

I suck at it. Can't stand bloody math. lol

You just didn't practice enough mate. Math is very intuitive and formulaic. Others can pick it up faster than the average person. Trust me if you practiced hard enough you'd get good at it. But nobody likes to do math homework tho :francis:

Try taking quantum physics classes, now that shit is hard :(

You just didn't practice enough mate. Math is very intuitive and formulaic. Others can pick it up faster than the average person. Trust me if you practiced hard enough you'd get good at it. But nobody likes to do math homework tho :francis:

Try taking quantum physics classes, now that shit is hard :(

Quantum physics? I was struggling with calculus, geometry and Algebra back in school, and statistics not long ago in a course I am taking now. Bloody hate maths.

Fun (non)fact: do you know what the acronym MATH stands for? Mental Abuse To Humans. lol

@KingSlayer, the answer to your question is in this last post of mine: statistics. It is kinda guess work and some bullshit average math they usually do to come to that conclusion. It is not a real life tracking number.

R

rcv

Fun (non)fact: do you know what the acronym MATH stands for? Mental Abuse To Humans. lol

:pachah1:

I agree tho, math can get fucking frustrating. Especially when you get away from computational math and more into proofs.

A surprising amount of mathematics is actually easy once you've learned it. Of course, once you learn the easy stuff, then you have to start tacking the deep stuff, and that gets harder.

One of my differential equations profs was explaining a new concept on the board, he did a example question and we were all like wtf :patrice:. This is at a school where most people do math contests and love math, so not your average students. He then asked us to differentiate x^2 with respect to X. Ofc we cud all do it with our eyes closed. HIs response was, "the reason you could do this, but not the other new thing, is because you've differentiated hundreds of times. So if you want to get good at this, you're going to need to do it hundreds of times". And it's true. Nobody is really bad at math. Some people jus pick it up faster. It's just a matter of practice and repetition

I can't be bothered with maths. It can all (not offense to you, a math lover) go to hell. I specifically hate it when shit starts to have numbers, letters and characters all mixed up and I am expected to solve that shit. Like, wtf! I aint no mother-loving calculator.

On a serious note though, basic arithmetic is more than enough for me. When numbers get bigger then I have my phone to calculate. Anything more than that then I am out of the door. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.