World Cup Qualifiers

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
New coach, and multiple talented young players sourced from both home and the diaspora. The new squad looks promising:

FD01D2E1-26F3-4948-9556-3BEDDF20FE2D.jpeg

Good updates here:

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta 🇸🇴
That’s a big squad. Big ups to my bro yusuf tho. Hopefully Avondale get into the second tier so we can see him in the a-league in the coming years

Three Moons

That’s a big squad. Big ups to my bro yusuf tho. Hopefully Avondale get into the second tier so we can see him in the a-league in the coming years

I like how with each new major tournament or cup, the talented kids in the diaspora playing in professional leagues feel a stronger desire to accept the call up to the national squad. Only 5 or 10 years ago this would have been seen as ridiculous, but this has changed with the U17 team’s victory at the CECAFA cup and the senior team’s hype in the previous qualifiers.

I really wish all those billion dollar companies like Hormuud, Buruuj, Dahabshiil, WorldRemit started putting in money to create a Somali Super League, televised and everything, and with enough juice to attract boys like this:

0D3326F3-6B9D-440B-B574-F4997D282D90.jpeg

I guarantee you it would be one of the most popular and watched football leagues in Africa, and boosted by the Somali diasporans on Social Media.

Somali Saayid

There is no surrender, We Win or We Die.
VIP
I like how with each new major tournament or cup, the talented kids in the diaspora playing in professional leagues feel a stronger desire to accept the call up to the national squad. Only 5 or 10 years ago this would have been seen as ridiculous, but this has changed with the U17 team’s victory at the CECAFA cup and the senior team’s hype in the previous qualifiers.

I really wish all those billion dollar companies like Hormuud, Buruuj, Dahabshiil, WorldRemit started putting in money to create a Somali Super League, televised and everything, and with enough juice to attract boys like this:

View attachment 296717

I guarantee you it would be one of the most popular and watched football leagues in Africa, and boosted by the Somali diasporans on Social Media.
Let them grow in Europe its where they will face the most difficult challenges and become better overall players. I just hope if they play for Somalia in AFCON or other regional tournaments it won't interfere in their schedule for their main clubs like Victor Osimhen and Napoli Manager feud.

Three Moons

Let them grow in Europe it’s where they will face the most difficult challenges and become better overall players. I just hope if they play for Somalia in AFCON or other regional tournaments it won't interfere in their schedule for their main clubs like Victor Osimhen and Napoli Manager feud.

True, that’s how the Moroccan and other African teams got their edge and can make a huge splash on the World Cup. Its a double edge sword though, the higher these Somali boys rise in the coming generations, the more likely it is that they will be called up by their host nations, and I just hope Somalia by then has enough juice to give them a fair package to seduce them back like Morocco, Cameroon and other teams do with their professional players from overseas.

Somali Saayid

There is no surrender, We Win or We Die.
VIP
True, that’s how the Moroccan and other African teams got their edge and can make a huge splash on the World Cup. Its a double edge sword though, the higher these Somali boys rise in the coming generations, the more likely it is that they will be called up by their host nations, and I just hope Somalia by then has enough juice to give them a fair package to seduce them back like Morocco, Cameroon and other teams do with their professional players from overseas.
Yeah when Somalia gets back on its feet, they should invest in sports ministry and national sourcing of athletes. Something similar to France system.

Jungle

VIP
Chairman Ali Shiine is doing a great job running running the league and the national team. After having survived the HSM close relative Wiish attempt to hijack the FA. Qabil doesn't exist under Chairman Ali Shiine aa The FA is very diverse.

Mogadishu (HOL) – Two opposing elections were held on Wednesday in Mogadishu to elect the President of the Somali Football Federation (SFF), resulting in the election of two different presidents for the association.

The SFF's former vice president, Ali Shiine, was elected at the Elite Hotel, while Hassan Yabarow Wiish was elected at the Jazeera Hotel in a separate election in the capital.
^^^^^^
Elite hotel is where the legit election were held

Somalia has some good away days and not just Congo, Burundi etc. I believe we have Algeria in the group tho? Mahrez in Muqdisho! Hopefully

Three Moons

I just hope the national team has scheduled friendly games, otherwise it’s another khasaaro waiting to happen

None unfortunately, though they played a friendly with the U17 team and won 3-1. Meanwhile Algeria has international friendlies scheduled against Cape Verde and Egypt, so Somalia will face an Algerian squad that will function like a well-oiled machine.

It baffles me that the Somali higher ups don’t understand that it’s precisely with the friendlies that the national teams get their rhythm and perform even better when there are real stakes at play. They are forcing the Somali squad to find their feet in the middle of a deciding game or round.

4B1210F6-AF34-46B6-B9E1-107B06BD0726.jpeg

this coach needs to organize friendlies and training to have even a miracle chance of qualifying, the somali football federation are decades behind most other well off African teams.

Do we have what it takes to win the first stage for qualifications to 2026 world cup? Algeria is one of the top teams in Africa who won afcon and qualified to the world cup, whereas Somalia is the second lowest African team with no wins or no players in any top leagues nor have we even qualified for afcon.

If Somalia beats the odd and knocks off Algeria is the day I'm actually going to shave my head bold and kiss a random person on the street. That's how much confidence I have in us losing.

Even if we had all our best in Europe and North America we couldn't get a result against Algeria's B team.

Scratch that, Algeria only played their domestic players they could still beat us heavy.

This is not a Somalia only problem. Most East African nations can't compete with North and West Africa.

Even if we had all our best in Europe and North America we couldn't get a result against Algeria's B team.

Scratch that, Algeria only played their domestic players they could still beat us heavy.

This is not a Somalia only problem. Most East African nations can't compete with North and West Africa.
we can't compete because we come from a country that don't take anything seriously whether sports or health. The fifa committee set us up as if this year hasn't been rock bottom for somalis I have this feeling Algeria will humiliate us to Pluto.

we can't compete because we come from a country that don't take anything seriously whether sports or health. The fifa committee set us up as if this year hasn't been rock bottom for somalis I have this feeling Algeria will humiliate us to Pluto.

If that is the case why can't Kenya and Ethiopia compete with the powerhouses of Africa?

Even if Somalia was stable and prosperous we can't compete with North and West Africans due to their proximity near Western Europe. The closer you are to Europe the more players you have playing in their domestic leagues.

Its not a coincidence that Morocco can yield so many top notch talent. They have massive immigrant populations in Spain, France, Netherlands, etc countries with top academies.

Somali UK population is maybe 200-300k at best, Europe oo dan maybe 500k? Morocco has 5 million living in Europe. Algeria has 2 million in France alone.

West Africans similar story with millions of immigrants there.

Most Somali diasporas actually live in North America which has no interest in the sport and mainly play basketball.

If that is the case why can't Kenya and Ethiopia compete with the powerhouses of Africa?

Even if Somalia was stable and prosperous we can't compete with North and West Africans due to their proximity near Western Europe. The closer you are to Europe the more players you have playing in their domestic leagues.

Its not a coincidence that Morocco can yield so many top notch talent. They have massive immigrant populations in Spain, France, Netherlands, etc countries with top academies.

Somali UK population is maybe 200-300k at best, Europe oo dan maybe 500k? Morocco has 5 million living in Europe. Algeria has 2 million in France alone.

West Africans similar story with millions of immigrants there.

Most Somali diasporas actually live in North America which has no interest in the sport and mainly play basketball.
Most somalis live in europe the somali population in America is heavily exaggerated not many there other than same old tuulo mn, oh, seattle. We just don't have the stamina the passion for football, most somali parents would rather their children be doctors than be football players and I don't blame them, but we are talking about back home, the somalis there are malnourished not knowing when the next meal will come we have so many problems, whereas countries like Algeria they don't

Most somalis live in europe the somali population in America is heavily exaggerated not many there other than same old tuulo mn, oh, seattle. We just don't have the stamina the passion for football, most somali parents would rather their children be doctors than be football players and I don't blame them, but we are talking about back home, the somalis there are malnourished not knowing when the next meal will come we have so many problems, whereas countries like Algeria they don't
Somali American diaspora is twice as big as Somali European diaspora

Trending

Latest posts