Word of the day: How to say “insecurity” in Somali language?

How to say insecurity in Somali language?

In Somali language, insecurity is called hubiwaa.

In sentences:

- Khadra's insecurity about her appearance made her hesitant to join social gatherings.

- Hubiwaaga Khadra ee ku saabsan muuqaalkeeda ayaa ka dhigtay inay ka labalabayso ku biirida goobaha isu imaatinka bulshada.

- Samatar often masked his insecurity with humor to deflect attention from his vulnerabilities.

- Samatar wuxuu inta badan ku daboolaa hubiwaanimadiisa qosol si uu isha uga leexiyo nugulnimadiisa.

-Overcoming insecurity is a gradual process that involves self-reflection and acceptance.

- Ka gudbida hubiwaanimada ayaa ah geedisocod aayar aayar oo ku lug leh is-milicsi iyo aqballaad.

note:
Vocabulary = eraybixin
Geedisocod = process
Ismilicsi = self-reflection
Isaqballaad = acceptance
Nugul = vulnerability
Masked = saab, dabool, huwasho.
hesistant =ka laalaabasho, ka baqid, shiki, labablabayn.

Last edited:
I think:

a) Inferiority:
  • Cuqdad in character;
    • 'Liita / Liidta (orignal word: Liidnimo )' in quality.
  • Inferior (lower in position or hierarchy): Hooseeye (literal meaning); ' qosol ku jab' in quality.
    • 'Midiidin' as in serfs in the context of social hierarchy, mostly in reference to members of the proletariat social class.

b) Superiority: Qab weyni / Isla weyni.
  • Superior: Sareeye (literal meaning);
    • ' Bilan - with slight emphasis on the 'L', and different from 'Bilan', the female name, where a 'shad' is placed upon the 'B' '.
  • 'Burjuwaasi' again in social context in reference to the genteel social class, or the bourgeoisie.

I think:
a) Supreme: 'Laac', derived from the tip point of a branch of a tall tree, say 'baxar saaf'.
  • Yet, I am leaning towards 'Dhalad' where in contemporary literature, the more popular, if befitting is 'Hanaqaad (matured / in full bloom / ripe in quality) / Laandheere (dare I make an attempt to explain what this term means! ) '.
  • Or the act of trying to reach at the summit.
    • In its every day application, 'U bilan / u sareeye ' would fit.
  • In ranking or authority, there is word, but it escapes me, perhaps others could.

b) Supremacy: 'Dhaladnimo | Hanaqaadnimo | Laandheeranimo'.

-------------------
Disclaimer, I am neither a linguist nor proficient, but a mere enthusiast of .So / Arabic / English poetry).

Last edited:

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
How to say insecurity in Somali language?

In Somali language, insecurity is called hubiwaa.

In sentences:

- Khadra's insecurity about her appearance made her hesitant to join social gatherings.

- Hubiwaaga Khadra ee ku saabsan muuqaalkeeda ayaa ka dhigtay inay ka labalabayso ku biirida goobaha isu imaatinka bulshada.

- Samatar often masked his insecurity with humor to deflect attention from his vulnerabilities.

- Samatar wuxuu inta badan ku daboolaa hubiwaanimadiisa qosol si uu isha uga leexiyo nugulnimadiisa.

-Overcoming insecurity is a gradual process that involves self-reflection and acceptance.

- Ka gudbida hubiwaanimada ayaa ah geedisocod aayar aayar oo ku lug leh is-milicsi iyo aqballaad.

note:
Vocabulary = eraybixin
Geedisocod = process
Ismilicsi = self-reflection
Isaqballaad = acceptance
Nugul = vulnerability
Masked = saab, dabool, huwasho.
hesistant =ka laalaabasho, ka baqid, shiki, labablabayn.
I thought it was kolsooni la'aan

Trending