Woman jailed for 10 years for false rape claims against nine men including a somali

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4818874/Jemma-Beale-jailed-10-years.html
4384282A00000578-4818874-image-m-5_1503579450528.jpg

A fantasist who made up bogus rape and sex assault claims against 15 men in three years for 'attention' has been jailed for 10 years.

Jemma Beale claimed to be a lesbian with 'no desire' to sleep with men, and lodged deceitful complaints to police that led to one of her victims, Mahad Cassim, serving two years in jail.

Jurors heard the 37-year-old Somali came to the UK in 2002, aged 23, after a short stint living in Sweden where he also served in the military as part of the peace-keeping corps.

After a night out, Beale and Mr Cassim accepted that he offered her a lift home which she accepted.

But he stopped the car and Beale directed him to a discreet alleyway.

'We drove for about ten minutes and while we were in the car we were talking and then she came and gave me a rub on my knuckles, my hand,' Mr Cassim said.

'She was asking me kind of questions, whilst rubbing my knuckles, asking, obviously about sex.'

He added: 'I said "Are you sure?" and she said yes - I asked three times "Are you sure?" - and said OK.

Mr Cassim said they got out of the car.

'Then all of a sudden, after about three yards she told me to pull off my underwear.'

Mr Cassim was tried for rape at Isleworth Crown Court in December 2011.

A retrial then took place in January 2012 in front of a fresh jury and he was jailed for seven years.

In a victim impact statement Beale described the 'devastating' effect the 'rape' had on her.

'I feel that any sentence he receives will never reflect the life sentence that he gave me,' she said.

Mr Cassim served two years because of the 'grave injustice' before he was released.

42166ADD00000578-4671800-image-a-29_1499353525842.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts