Woman from Somalia smashes gender stereotypes by her dream job

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I said women shouldn’t be taxi drivers because it’s dangerous work. Stop acting like I said women shouldn’t drive.

If you wanna drive a taxi that bad then go ahead, I’m not stopping you.

Nafiso Qalanjo

π–‚π–Š'π–—π–Š π–Œπ–”π–Žπ–“π–Œ 𝖙𝖔 π–œπ–†π–— π–‡π–†π–‡π–ž!
Habar Gidir?!?! Even though both our clans are subclans of the Hawiye, we have a deadly rivalry
wait we do? :dead:

You better watch your back missus :farole:
Aight then.
q9poukptt3r21.jpg

Last edited:

Nafiso Qalanjo

π–‚π–Š'π–—π–Š π–Œπ–”π–Žπ–“π–Œ 𝖙𝖔 π–œπ–†π–— π–‡π–†π–‡π–ž!
I said women shouldn’t be taxi drivers because it’s dangerous work. Stop acting like I said women shouldn’t drive.

If you wanna drive a taxi that bad then go ahead, I’m not stopping you.
A lot of things are dangerous for women especially in Somalia. We need better laws, and a stronger authority to protect women. Not limit their job options. Also your not seeing the benefits of having more Somali women in the taxi driving industry. Not only will low income background women have more options to choice from work, but also women passengers don't have to feel as cautious with a women driver then a male women. If you ever been to xamar you would know a good portion of the kidnapping is when a MALE taxi driver kidnaps a young women.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
A lot of things are dangerous for women especially in Somalia. We need better laws, and a stronger authority to protect women. Not limit their job options. Also your not seeing the benefits of having more Somali women in the taxi driving industry. Not only will low income background women have more options to choice from work, but also women passengers don't have to feel as cautious with a women driver then a male women. If you ever been to xamar you would know a good portion of the kidnapping is when a MALE taxi driver kidnaps a young women.
even here in the west 90% of taxi drivers are men. Better laws and stronger authorities won’t do much. No matter where you are it’s not smart for a woman to be out and taking strangers in their car for some cash.

Trending