Woman born without a vagina has one created using FISH SKIN – and finally has sex for the first time

Status
Not open for further replies.
WORLD FIRST: Woman born without a vagina has one created using FISH SKIN – and finally has sex for the first time at 23.

sei_14805599.jpg

Jucilene Marinho was born with a rare condition that meant she was missing her cervix, uterus, ovaries and womb as well.

A WOMAN born without a vagina has had a new one created - using FISH SKIN.

The 23-year-old has finally had sex for the first time, after becoming one of the first women in the world to have the pioneering op.

Jucilene Marinho was born with no vagina, cervix, uterus, ovaries or womb

ucilene Marinho, from Brazil, was given the crushing news that she had no vagina when she was 15 years old.

To doctors' surprise she developed normally throughout puberty, and even experienced period pains yet never had a period.

Medics then found nothing but connective tissue behind the skin covering what should have been Jucilene's vagina and diagnosed her with the rare congenital condition, Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser (MRKH).

But now, after surgeons created a vagina and lined it with the skin of a tilapia fish, the 23-year-old said she now enjoys a healthy sex life - after three months recuperating.

he 23-year-old has become one of the first women to have a new vagina created using tilapia fish skin.

"Doctors gave me the all clear to have sex in October last year," Jucilene said.

"At first I was very scared to do it because I thought it would hurt and I was worried it might damage the opening.

"But it was a wonderful moment because everything worked perfectly.

"There was no pain just a great deal of pleasure and satisfaction.

"I didn't feel any discomfort and there was no bleeding.

"Everything felt sensitive in what I'm told is the right and normal way.

"It was perfectly natural like the opening had always been there."

"At first I was very scared to do it (have sex) because I thought it would hurt and I was worried it might damage the opening. But it was a wonderful moment because everything worked perfectly"

Jucilene Marinho

The pioneering op, called neovaginoplasty, and was performed by a team at the Federal University of Ceara, led by gynaecologist, Dr Leonardo Bezerra in April last year.

The revolutionary treatment involved medics opening a space between the vagina and anus, before inserting a tubular mould lined with the fish skin.

Once in contact with the patient's body, tilapia skin acts like stem cells and is absorbed and transformed into cellular tissue forming the walls of the canal, similar to an actual vagina.

Before it's used, the fish skin is cleaned and sterilised in the lab, before irradiation to kill viruses.

The process also removes all the scales and fishy smell.

Jucilene said the operation has changed her life, and has left her feeling like a "proper woman".

The student was a teenager when she was diagnosed with MRKH, which affects around 5,000 newborn girls and results in the absence of some or all of the female reproductive organs.

A RARE CONDITION AFFECTING 1 IN EVERY 5,000 WOMEN.

Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome (MRKH) is a congenital (born with) abnormality, characterised by the absence or underdevelopment of the vagina, cervix and the womb, which affects one in every 5,000 women.

People with the condition usually discover that they have it during puberty, as although they develop breasts and pubic hair, they do not start having periods.

This is because the ovaries produce the female hormones that make normal development occur, but the absence of the vagina and uterus mean that there is no bleed.

For the majority of women with MRKH, surgeons are able to create a vagina by stretching the small amount of vaginal tissue already present.

This is usually done by using specially designed smooth
cylinder-shaped objects called vaginal dilators.

Following this, women with MRKH will be able to have sex.

Although women with this condition are usually unable to carry a pregnancy, they may be able to have children through assisted reproduction.

Individuals with MRKH syndrome may also have abnormalities in other parts of the body.

The kidneys may be abnormally formed or positioned, or one kidney may fail to develop (unilateral renal agenesis).

Affected individuals commonly develop skeletal abnormalities, particularly of the spinal bones (vertebrae).

Females with MRKH syndrome may also have hearing loss or heart defects.

In Jucilene's case she had no cervix, uterus, ovaries or womb.

“I cried a lot when I found out,” she recalled. “I thought my world had ended.

"I’d always dreamed of having a baby of my own now I had to accept that wouldn’t be possible.”

She spiralled into a deep depression fearing she would never experience an intimate and loving relationship.
Jucilene said it was hard discovering at 15 that she would never have kids of her own
It is resistant to disease and is as strong and resilient as human skin.

Since 2015, scientists at the UFC Research and Development of Medicines Nucleus coordinated by Professor Odorico Moraes, have been trialling a radical procedure that uses the moisture-filled skin of the freshwater fish to heal more than 200 victims with severe burns - with notable success.

The normal regime is painful and involves regular changes of gauze bandages along with painkillers and ointments.

“There was a eureka moment when we thought, if this membrane can be used for burns, why can’t it be used for the vagina,” said Dr Bezerra who began investigating the procedure in Ja
Dr Bezerra said the costs of using tilapia skin are low and there's a large supply of the freshwater fish in Brazil's rivers and fish farms
“To make the ‘new vagina’ we insert a vagina shaped acrylic mould, lined with the skin of tilapia, into the space created between the bladder and the rectum.

"The device remains there for ten days to prevent the walls from closing,” the doctor explained.

“During this period the skin of the tilapia is absorbed, and the cells and growth factors released by the membrane transforms, like stem cells, into the patient’s tissue cells.

“Finally, the patient’s body completely incorporates the tilapia skin becoming biocompatible with it. The fish skin stimulates cellular growth and the formation of blood vessels and creates a new canal equal to that of an actual vagina.".

Before it’s used, the fish skin is cleaned and sterilised in the lab, before irradiation to kill viruses

This worsened when a teenage boyfriend mocked and broke up with her after discovering the disorder.

But last year, six months after agreeing to become the first of four women to have the experimental procedure, Jucilene had sex for the first time in her life with her partner Marcus Santos, 24, who she has been with for over a year and who has supported her throughout.

Dr Bezerra, who leads a multidisciplinary team of surgeons at the Assis Chateaubriand Maternity School (MEAC), has treated four sufferers with MRKH, also known as vaginal agenesis, with the breakthrough treatment.

It is less invasive surgically than the traditional method, which involves creating a vaginal canal using extensive grafts from the patient's groin.

Some 23 patients have undergone the conventional treatment at MEAC over the past ten years.

“This procedure can be time consuming and painful as the patient needs to recover from a large incision which leaves a scar that can be unsightly and stigmatising. There is also the possibility of discomfort with the reconstructed tissue,” Dr Bezerra explained.

By comparison, neovaginaplasty has a faster recovery rate with no visible scars. There are minimal complications with no risk of rejection or infections the doctor said.

In addition, medical costs and materials are low – a significant benefit in a public health system strapped for cash - with operating times quicker and an abundance of the inexpensive, mild-tasting tilapia fish readily available from Brazil’s rivers and fish farms.

Research shows that tilapia skin, normally thrown away as a waste product, contains large amounts of moisture and is rich in collagen type 1, a protein that promotes healing.

It is resistant to disease and is as strong and resilient as human skin.

Since 2015, scientists at the UFC Research and Development of Medicines Nucleus coordinated by Professor Odorico Moraes, have been trialling a radical procedure that uses the moisture-filled skin of the freshwater fish to heal more than 200 victims with severe burns - with notable success.

The normal regime is painful and involves regular changes of gauze bandages along with painkillers and ointments.

“There was a eureka moment when we thought, if this membrane can be used for burns, why can’t it be used for the vagina,” said Dr Bezerra who began investigating the procedure in January 2016.

“To make the ‘new vagina’ we insert a vagina shaped acrylic mould, lined with the skin of tilapia, into the space created between the bladder and the rectum.

"The device remains there for ten days to prevent the walls from closing,” the doctor explained.

“During this period the skin of the tilapia is absorbed, and the cells and growth factors released by the membrane transforms, like stem cells, into the patient’s tissue cells.

“Finally, the patient’s body completely incorporates the tilapia skin becoming biocompatible with it. The fish skin stimulates cellular growth and the formation of blood vessels and creates a new canal equal to that of an actual vagina.".

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/6420501/woman-born-no-vagina-fish-skin-enjoys-sex-first-time/

In the near future, will we see pregnant men? Possible.

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-31_23-54-9.gif
    upload_2018-5-31_23-54-9.gif
    37 bytes · Views: 311
    37 bytes · Views: 291
    37 bytes · Views: 294
    37 bytes · Views: 304
    37 bytes · Views: 320
    37 bytes · Views: 298
    37 bytes · Views: 299
    37 bytes · Views: 319
    37 bytes · Views: 294
    37 bytes · Views: 301
Imagine having sex and the vagina falls apart right in front of you. Detoriates just like that-'destroying the pussy' quite literally.

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
IS this the story where the women turns out to be a man type thing?
Yeah real Somalis can't let things like this slide. IJS Ilaahay ha ka reebo.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
This is actually funny but really sad aswell I never even stop to think about what a blessing from Allah being born with normal sexual organs is:farmajoyaab:

Aussie

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Samaale,

Don’t be a traditional geeljire, it’s a medical achievement in our lifetime. We Somalis believe people born with missing limbs or body organs as a warning from Allah to those who were born with complete organs and limbs and the reason is we lack the know how and means of reversing such anomaly. We can’t even produce prosthetic legs, so the person walks on h/her ass for the rest of their lives. Be open minded to the miracles of science.

VixR

Veritas
I read Tilapia :ehh:

That's actually impressive. Kinda makes you wonder what was there to work with. I think we're still infants when it comes to surgical advancement

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Is Fish the new word for Trans-Dude?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts