Wode Maya becomes Ethiopian Airlines Brand Ambassador

They are. There's some variety among them in terms of South Arabian and Ethio-HG ancestry when compared to Tigrinyas and Amharas, much like Oromos, have been built on recent mass assimilation. Many "Amharas" still recall the ethnic group they used to belong to before becoming Amharas like the Beta Israels' original ethnic group the Qemants. I've met such people who will tell you they are not Amhara but something else but when you ask about what languages they speak they admit to only knowing Amharic. Large swathes of their Amhara region used to be Agaw speaking just a couple of centuries ago. It's more of a meta-ethnicity like Oromos. Even their Wiki page makes this apparent:

Ic2Bazm.png

How you (@Apollo) missed this is beyond me. And notice how there are no southerners in between. It's either the ones who overlap with northerners or that small group of outliers.
Oh, I didn't see that on the PCA. You know, "admixture" was not the right wording on my part. I meant considerable outliers, like Bantus with some Somali-like ancestry, which aligns more with Southeastern Africans than every one of those Somali South having some minor Bantu ancestry. It's the small sampling size and the outliers that skew the aggregates, which was my central point (my English sucks so you'll have to be charitable kk). I completely overlooked the PCA and focused on the admixture proportions that I posted, my mind was not so inspective of the apparent as I didn't imagine such an obvious case could escape @Apollo those overlapping Kikuyus. Maybe he did the same as me, or maybe he's trolling.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Oh, I didn't see that on the PCA. You know, "admixture" was not the right wording on my part. I meant considerable outliers, like Bantus with some Somali-like ancestry, which aligns more with Southeastern Africans than every one of those Somali South having some minor Bantu ancestry. It's the small sampling size and the outliers that skew the aggregates, which was my central point (my English sucks so you'll have to be charitable kk). I completely overlooked the PCA and focused on the admixture proportions that I posted, my mind was not so inspective of the apparent as I didn't imagine such an obvious case could escape @Apollo those overlapping Kikuyus. Maybe he did the same as me, or maybe he's trolling.

Yeah, they're probably reer Madowweyne with some minor Somali admixture self-reporting as Somalis. I always noticed that Koonfur's Bantu folk have somewhat softer, more Somali leaning features than Madow folk down somewhere like Tanzania or Mozambique. Always suspected something akin to African-Americans was going on with Somalis mostly forcing the result of the rare union to assimilate into their group.

This reminds me of one time an eedo of mine nearly murdered me with her casual old-school racism after a trip to Kenya where she noticed the Horner admixture down there. The last time she'd been there must've been the 70s when she claimed the people looked like "bahalo" but on her recent visit she must've seen some Maasais and Horner admixed Kikuyus all around cos she was like "I saw people who look like us, eedo! Beautiful. These aren't the Kenyatis I remember. I remember bahalo back in the day."

:dead:

23andMe only goes back 400 years dude. It shows I am 100% Somali but some other services and Promethease show I got ancient Eurasian back migration in me. Some Oceania, some Afghani is in me too. We're talking thousands years ago and no not all my relatives are Benadari. They're from central and northern Somali area. I am ancient white boy. How you think I got my immunity genes?
You do realise habesha have that ancient eurasia dna too? Somalis have way less rexent non African dna than habeshas, accept it dude

You do realise habesha have that ancient eurasia dna too? Somalis have way less rexent non African dna than habeshas, accept it dude

1/3rd of the time on SSpot I'm not serious. 🤣

I didn't expect you'd pull this corrupt shit. Very underestimated.

Somalis are approximately 35 to 40% ancient Eurasia dna while habasha are approximately 45 to 50%. So obviously according to the studies, habasha have less non African dna. But the question i am asking myself is what if the south somali dna which includes our somali bantu brothers included in the sample has reduced the average from 50% to 35%? What would happen if only the northern somalis was used instead, i believe the MENA admixture would go up.

Somalis are approximately 35 to 40% ancient Eurasia dna while habasha are approximately 45 to 50%. So obviously according to the studies, habasha have less non African dna. But the question i am asking myself is what if the south somali dna which includes our somali bantu brothers included in the sample has reduced the average from 50% to 35%? What would happen if only the northern somalis was used instead, i believe the MENA admixture would go up.
Somalis have the same amount of basal mix of Eurasian/SSA when they don't have any recent mixing.

Somalis have the same amount of basal mix of Eurasian/SSA when they don't have any recent mixing.

I agree, I am questioning who was represented for somalis in the sample. I know that pure south somalis are no different from the northern somalis except in some northern have different haplogroup. Like, if 10 people from Mogadishu was taken as a sample, maybe 2 to 3 might have ancient bantu admixture from jubba hoose. If the result is unreliable, how can we trust these results?

I agree, I am questioning who was represented for somalis in the sample. I know that pure south somalis are no different from the northern somalis except in some northern have different haplogroup. Like, if 10 people from Mogadishu was taken as a sample, maybe 2 to 3 might have ancient bantu admixture from jubba hoose. If the result is unreliable, how can we trust these results?
We use our heads. Things are mostly clear in general, with sufficient samples. If things don't make sense, you should not trust them but see how they arrived at a conclusion, checking the inference quality and methodology.

We use our heads. Things are mostly clear in general, with sufficient samples. If things don't make sense, you should not trust them but see how they arrived at a conclusion, checking the inference quality and methodology.

When you look at this study it only highlights northern parts of somali when it comes to Arabian and European admixture? whereas it highlights magharibi admixture in whole of somalia !

Attachments

• journal.pgen.1004393.g002.pdf
    71.3 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
When you look at this study it only highlights northern parts of somali when it comes to Arabian and European admixture? whereas it highlights magharibi admixture in whole of somalia !
It's a pretty old study when things were more in their infancy in this field. There are some things to take from it, and not others. I don't place much emphasis on geographic distribution color schemes in terms of accuracy. There's always a need for added interpretation through the context of later findings/understanding.

Trending

Latest posts