Witness the beauty of Puntland and the struggle of building it - A Puntland documentary.

@Cigaal Timacadde

Waayahay wll, but when we tell you that our land was neglected and abandoned after the Sultanates, believe us.

Our brainpower was in the South or imprisoned, exiled and murdered.

They even poisoned the wells of Mudug so that the people and livestock died and no community could survive in the region.

1998 was the rebirth of the MJ nation and by extension PL clans.

@Cigaal Timacadde

Waayahay wll, but when we tell you that our land was neglected and abandoned after the Sultanates, believe us.

Our brainpower was in the South or imprisoned, exiled and murdered.

1998 was the rebirth of the MJ nation.

I absolutely believe that the territories that now makeup Puntland was neglected and abandoned by the government of Somalia.

Also, I think it is undeniable that the Majeerteen have done a good job building on their lands. The only thing I disputed was the absolute scratch element, which I disputed only on the basis that I felt it was quite inaccurate to claim that.

How such people (kacaanists) still exist is beyond me. It just goes to show how powerful qabiil is that some will defend genocidal sociopaths simply because they share an old bloodline.

They exist because they included diverse clans to carry out crimes.

The Majeerteen ethnic cleansing campaign was lead by Isaaq and Dhulbahante officers with Bantu footsoldiers.

Tucking_Fypo

Ψ³Ω„Ψ·Ω†Ψ© Ω…Ψ¬Ψ±ΨͺΩŠΩ†
VIP
I have no problem in believing that some houses may have been destroyed. What I don't believe is that the SNA destroyed wholesale sections of Puntland. Do you have any evidence of that, particularly articles/books documenting it at the time?
Only galkayo was untouched in Mudug and after the wars grew as most settled there but our nomads stayed in our lands in dollo or in Bari/Karkar remote old settlements until new wells were built, same in Nugaal only Garowe was untouched. Galkayo was empty of locals like Garoowe and EyL only non-MJ natives left and filled instead with guulwades from neighboring clans. In Bari and Bosaso they singled out Cali Saleeban and Osman Mahmood destroying theirpproperty those not killed were forcefully resettled them in camps along the highway, here to the guulwades roamed especially vicious against nomads who killings were easier to hide. We don't go out with the info usually only use as reminder for ourself info is available from different sources :nvjpqts:

We know what happened in the north not denying that or claiming if it was worse or not. many of our ppl got refugee by locals in Hargeisa witnessed the destruction there too we explaining what they meant with from scratch in the documentary.

Egal AUN explains it here too.

Mozart

You need people like me
I have no problem in believing that some houses may have been destroyed. What I don't believe is that the SNA destroyed wholesale sections of Puntland. Do you have any evidence of that, particularly articles/books documenting it at the time?
There wasn’t much to destroy since it was already severely underdeveloped. It’s easier to rebuild damaged infrastructure than it is to build it from scratch. Destruction in the fashion of Somaliland via bombs - that didn’t happen. You can look up what the red berets did in Mudug ; mass killings, rape, poisoning of wells and killing of livestock so people starved to death and they pretty much destroyed most houses and the city.

Tucking_Fypo

Ψ³Ω„Ψ·Ω†Ψ© Ω…Ψ¬Ψ±ΨͺΩŠΩ†
VIP
How such people (kacaanists) still exist is beyond me. It just goes to show how powerful qabiil is that some will defend genocidal sociopaths simply because they share an old bloodline.
They are alive and kicking just waiting for the chance to regain any form of power as they've done now with Farmaajos presidency the Nabad iyo Nolol party is the new name but it's same kacaan clans and ideology. Any time you see some here on SSPOT talk about nationalism, somalinimo or being anti-qabiil its offspring of kacan f2qaash hiding behind the somali flag:ohlord:

They are alive and kicking just waiting for the chance to regain any form of power as they've done now with Farmaajos presidency the Nabad iyo Nolol party is the new name but it's same kacaan clans and ideology. Any time you see some here on SSPOT talk about nationalism, somalinimo or being anti-qabiil its offspring of kacan f2qaash hiding behind the somali flag:ohlord:

Maybe that is why Farmaajo chose Abdulahi Yusuf's slogan, as a way of subverting Puntland.

@Mozart @Tucking_Fypo

I appreciate the background both of you provided. I am a bit of a history buff who prefers to read/see documentary reporting at the time these things happened, but suffice to say that I'll be doin some further reading on this topic to get a better read on it.

I absolutely believe that the territories that now makeup Puntland was neglected and abandoned by the government of Somalia.

Also, I think it is undeniable that the Majeerteen have done a good job building on their lands. The only thing I disputed was the absolute scratch element, which I disputed only on the basis that I felt it was quite inaccurate to claim that.
Puntland was build from scratch bro,
besides the main road, the basic port in bosaso and gaalkacyo airport there was nothing else in puntland.

the puntland that u see today didn’t exist in the 90’s.

bosaso was a small fisher town today it’s Somalia’s 3 largest in terms of population.Qardho, burtinle and garowe were just nomad towns where few houses stood...
Majority of Reer Puntland Have been going to the south since the arrivals of the Italians..

We completely abandoned our homeland because majeerteen believed in 1 Somalia where all Somali lands where our own lands.. hence majeerteens were found in every town down south..

puntland was build from scratch absolute scratch ..

The only governmental building that is in use from before Puntland is the Omar samatar school in gaalkacyo..

no hospitals
No schools
No government building besides army quadrants
No airports besides gaalkacyo
That was mainly used by the Somali National airforce.

no roads besides the China road.

There were more Harti people in the south than in puntland prior to war... and today we have fresh fruit and veg growing in places people used to refer as deserts... and cities that have surpassed all expectations..

I dont mean to be disrespectful sister, I'm just asking honest questions. After all this is a forum where we Somalis discuss issues and topics related to the lands Somalis inhabit. I believe I have been respectful thus far.

I am new to this forum so not yet caught up on how it works. Is this topic closed to Puntlanders only?

Nothing wrong with exchanging views..but you need to be open to learn something new..

puntland has done more for Somalia and the Somali dignity than any other maamuul in the last 30 years..

Mogadishu stands today on the blood, sweat and finances of puntland.. and that’s understated big time. But people don’t want to give credit where credit is due because of ignorance..

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
You are not seriously saying that there were no schools or hospitals in Puntland before 1998?
1. Are you saying no schools, hospitals, buildings, roads in Puntland existed prior to Puntland's founding in 1998, outside of one highway, one port and some army bases?

2. I have never heard of widespread destruction in Puntland areas by the SNA, other than poising of wells. Many people killed? yes. Widespread destruction? no. Can you provide any sources that show this destruction having taken place?
Efgdg.jpg
Edhhff.jpg

Nothing wrong with exchanging views..but you need to be open to learn something new..

puntland has done more for Somalia and the Somali dignity than any other maamuul in the last 30 years..

Mogadishu stands today on the blood, sweat and finances of puntland.. and that’s understated big time. But people don’t want to give credit where credit is due because of ignorance..

I think the Puntlanders in this thread got unnecessarily defensive when I initiallt just asked some questions. I actually don't agree with much of what you have written but at the same time I will acknowledge that I am not as well clued in on this topic as I am most other Somali topics. Hence why I have remarked several times that I'd need to read further on this, before I can properly comment further.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
I don't go for what some random person on twitter says. However, the book excerpt below it does seem to back it up, and seems legit. Do you have the book title that this is taken from so I can read further?
The Twitter thread includes sources at the end.

The excerpt is from War-torn Societies Project Northeast Somalia Regional Reports: North Mudug Region.

Trending

Latest posts