Witness the beauty of Puntland and the struggle of building it - A Puntland documentary.

Amazing history,.. from absolute scratch to a recognized flourishing state that has build the core structure of the current Somali Federal Government.

mashallah alxamdulilah and may allah protect it from all evildoers from within and from outside.

Amazing history,.. from absolute scratch to a recognized flourishing state that has build the core structure of the current Somali Federal Government.

mashallah alxamdulilah and may allah protect it from all evildoers from within and from outside.

How was it from scratch? Puntland's infrastructure was essentially untouched by Afweyne and the civil war that followed.

How was it from scratch? Puntland's infrastructure was essentially untouched by Afweyne and the civil war that followed.

I really wouldn’t need to watch the video to know that puntland had almost zero infrastructure when it was starting..however I would advise you to watch the video so you can learn more about it

I really wouldn’t need to watch the video to know that puntland had almost zero infrastructure when it was starting..however I would advise you to watch the video so you can learn more about it

I did watch the video. It was quite informative from the perspective of telling how Puntland was founded, and the structure of the meetings that took place and made it happen. It did not really address the infrastructure question though.

Your claim was that Puntland was built from absolute scratch. Unless I have misread your meaning, that would suggest to me that it was either levelled or significantly destroyed at the time Puntland was founded i.e. 1998. I know that is definitely not the case.

Muqdisho could claim to be rebuilt from scratch, if it is ever effectively rebuilt. Most of the cities that the Somali Armed Forces bombed to smithereens in Waqooyi Galbeed and Togdheer can certainly claim they have been rebuilt from absolute scratch.

I just don't see how that is the case with Puntland. Happy to be proven wrong, if I am wrong.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
I did watch the video. It was quite informative from the perspective of telling how Puntland was founded, and the structure of the meetings that took place and made it happen. It did not really address the infrastructure question though.

Your claim was that Puntland was built from absolute scratch. Unless I have misread your meaning, that would suggest to me that it was either levelled or significantly destroyed at the time Puntland was founded i.e. 1998. I know that is definitely not the case.

Muqdisho could claim to be rebuilt from scratch, if it is ever effectively rebuilt. Most of the cities that the Somali Armed Forces bombed to smithereens in Waqooyi Galbeed and Togdheer can certainly claim they have been rebuilt from absolute scratch.

I just don't see how that is the case with Puntland. Happy to be proven wrong, if I am wrong.
Kacaan didnt build any school or hospital in PL. Beside bossaso small port and Galgacio airport. PL had nothing!!.

Then why they called PL desert then???

Because it is a desert landscape! Surely, that isn't it that hard to figure out.

Saudi Arabia is essentially a desert, doesn't mean there aren't schools or hospital. The Western Sahara is litterally a desert and yet I'm sure it has schools and hospitals.

You cannot be that dense.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Because it is a desert landscape! Surely, that isn't it that hard to figure out.

Saudi Arabia is essentially a desert, doesn't mean there aren't schools or hospital. The Western Sahara is litterally a desert and yet I'm sure it has schools and hospitals.

For your info. Italian period or Somalia Political mucaraad used to be sent to bossaso. PL didnt have nothing. All the goods was used in South Somalia. PL was empty and reer PL build it from the scratch.

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP

Except for already existing main highway only Bosaso port somalia built they were not much else constructed except for 5 bases in Galkayo kacaan launched attacks from, what we built from scratch was the settlements from Nugaal to Mudug to dollo that were destroyed by SNA. Only Garowe was left standing but structural damages occurred later during the terrorist group Al-itihads occupation and subsequent war with SSDF.

Every thing basically was built by PL from schools to hospitals and so om.

Last edited:
Except for already existing main highway only Bosaso port somalia built they were not much else constructed except for 5 bases in Galkayo kacaan launched attacks from, what we built from scratch was the settlements from Nugaal to Mudug to dollo that were destroyed by SNA. Only Garowe was left standing but structural damages occurred later during the terrorist group Al-itihads occupation and subsequent war with SSDF.

Every thing basically was built by PL from schools to hospitals and so om.

1. Are you saying no schools, hospitals, buildings, roads in Puntland existed prior to Puntland's founding in 1998, outside of one highway, one port and some army bases?

2. I have never heard of widespread destruction in Puntland areas by the SNA, other than poising of wells. Many people killed? yes. Widespread destruction? no. Can you provide any sources that show this destruction having taken place?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Cigaal Timacadde SL wasn't decimated, that's a myth. Why is the port, airport, roads still standing? a few houses being bombed ain't shit and that was rebuilt by who-ever owned it not the government. Did SL do ambitious housing projects? get out of here kiddo. PL was the least developed region in the north and is now the most developed.

@Cigaal Timacadde SL wasn't decimated, that's a myth. Why is the port, airport, roads still standing? a few houses being bombed ain't shit and that was rebuilt by who-ever owned it not the government. Did SL do ambitious housing projects? get out of here kiddo. PL was the least developed region in the north and is now the most developed.

The fact that Waqooyiga was destroyed, and many people massacred, is pretty much the least disputed fact in all of Somalia. Don't take my word for it, Google is your friend saaxiib. See link below.

Google Isaaq genocide

As for "a few houses destroyed" - Just for Hargeisa alone, I have several books & newspaper written by foreign journalists who were in Somaliland between 1988-91, who all estimate that Hargeisa alone was between 80% to 90% destroyed. Happy to provide you the references if you'd like.

Your argument of how can the north have been destroyed if a road or port is still standing is the most childish nonesense I have ever heard. By that argument the Rwandan genocide never happened because there are still Tutsi's alive. Read a book or a newspaper saaxib, instead of just regurgitating your qabiilish taunts.

All Somalis have qabiil biases, but you strike me as someone whose entire world view is formed by who your qabiil is, and not what the facts say. It is tough to discuss anything of substance with someone like that.

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
1. Are you saying no schools, hospitals, buildings, roads in Puntland existed prior to Puntland's founding in 1998, outside of one highway, one port and some army bases?

2. I have never heard of widespread destruction in Puntland areas by the SNA, other than poising of wells. Many people killed? yes. Widespread destruction? no. Can you provide any sources that show this destruction having taken place?
For example my all my subclans settlements in Mudug were completely destroyed like below that's what was left of Bursalah and Riig-omane.
FB_IMG_1595970906744.jpg
FB_IMG_1595970901196.jpg

Cigaal

Go make a topic about your state instead of derailing ours.

I dont mean to be disrespectful sister, I'm just asking honest questions. After all this is a forum where we Somalis discuss issues and topics related to the lands Somalis inhabit. I believe I have been respectful thus far.

I am new to this forum so not yet caught up on how it works. Is this topic closed to Puntlanders only?

Trending

Latest posts