Votes: 14 25.0%

• Total voters

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
Ambaro is a beautiful name.
Bilan
Bishaaro
Canab

I'd probably advice against naastexo in the west:patrice: people are childish.

I also like names like Samira, idil, Sumaya, Saif, Malik,Daud etc. So definitely a mix of both Somali and Arabic.

My first name is somalised arabic name and awoowes and dads are also the same. My greatgrandfather had a somali.

I do plan to name my kids somali names, especially the sons. Something that stands out like my name which is not that fairly common with somalis.

Xoxoxo

VIP
Definitely! For males: Aden, Aweys, and Warsame.
For Females: Bishaaro, Fowsio and Hani.
An exemption would be Donna!

Last edited:
So we know the Cabdis and Cabdullahis are winning right now but will Somali named niggas like me make a resurgence with you Somspotters when you have your little ones?
Yes! Absolutely without a doubt! I’d go as far as digging up long forgotten Somali names!!
giphy.gif

I'll name them

Abdillah
Abdiahad
AbdiAkbar
AbdiAlim
AbdiAzim
AbdiAziz
AbdiBaqi
AbdiBarr
AbdiBasir
AbdiBasit
AbdiBatin
AbdiFattah
AbdQaffar
AbdiQafur
AbdQani
AbdHafid
AbdiHakim
AbdiHadi
AbdiHakim
AbdiHalim
AbdiHamid
AbdiHaq
AbdiHasib
AbdiHai
AbdiJabbar
AbdiJalil
AbdiJamil
AbdiKafi
AbdiKarim
AbdiKhaliq
AbdiLatif
AbdiMaajid
AbdiMajiid
AbdiMaalik
AbdiMalik
AbdiManan
AbdiMatin
AbdiMuhaimin
AbdiMuid
AbdiMujib
AbdiMumin
AbdiMonem
AbdiMuqit
AbdiMuqtadir
AbdiMusawir
AbdiMutali
AbdiNasir
AbdiNur
AbdiQadir
AbdiQahir
AbdiQawi
AbdiQayyum
AbdiQuddus
AbdiRab
AbdiRafi
AbdiRahim
AbdiRahman
AbdiRaqib
AbdiRashid
AbdiRauf
AbdiRazzaq
AbdiRida
AbdiSabur
AbdiSalam
AbdiSamad
AbdiSami
AbdiSattar
AbdiShakur
AbdiSubhan
AbdiTawwab
AbdiWahid
AbdiWadud
AbdiWahhab
AbdiWakil
AbdiWali
AbdiWasi

:mjpls:

:drakelaugh::russ::dead1: :deadrose: :deadmanny:

giphy.gif

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
So we know the Cabdis and Cabdullahis are winning right now but will Somali named niggas like me make a resurgence with you Somspotters when you have your little ones?

Guys---guys ---listen to me--- Walaaahi oo bilaahi oo tolaahi the name you give your child is very important. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Names carry a fate of a child. Follow Quran guidelines. Allaah swt took the time to name certain prophets for example Yahya. pbuh.

Names carry an enormous weight

Here is what i recommend

Boyz names:

Abdirahman

Abdullaah

Abdi

Ismail/Ismael

Girls names weight less. But be careful with traditional Islamic names like Khadija, Fatma, Aisha....they tend to make the girls hyper intelligent, in todays world--with too much fitnaah turn into bisexuality or lesbians. Or hardcore Feminists

I would say for girls--pick girlish names like Saxro/Sarah/Sara, Udgoon, Basra/Basrah, Zaitunn/ Zainab etc etc

Do not pick @Amirah for your girl --she will walk around thinking she has testicles

Last edited:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Guys---guys ---listen to me--- Walaaahi oo bilaahi oo tolaahi the name you give your child is very important. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Names carry a fate of a child. Follow Quran guidelines. Allaah swt took the time to name certain prophets for example Yahya. pbuh.

Here is what i recommend

Boyz names:

Abdirahman

Abdullaah

Abdi

Ismail/Ismael

Girls names weight less. But be careful with traditional Islamic names like Khadija, Fatma, Aisha....they tend to make the girls hyper intelligent, in todays world--with too much fitnaah turn into bisexuality or lesbians.

I would say for girls--pick girlish names like Saxro/Sarah/Sarah, Udgoon, Amiino/Amiina/ Zainab etc etc

Listen to eedo, @Sheikh Google. Even the Arabic form which is Ya7ya is preferable, abowe. It's even semi accepted by cadaans. Seen African Americans who go by "Yahya" ("Ya-Ya" kulaha).

:kendrickcry:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Listen to eedo, @Sheikh Google. Even the Arabic form which is Ya7ya is preferable, abowe. It's even semi accepted by cadaans. Seen African Americans who go by "Yahya" ("Ya-Ya" kulaha).

:kendrickcry:

I personally would not name my son Yahya. It is a beautiful name chosen by Allaah swt yes-- but again too much Fitnaah in the world is not enough. Yahya pbuh was purified by Allaah swt from Sin.

Yahya name has a gentle soul connotation. How many Yahya do you know who are childless?

Here is what i recommend

Boyz names:

Abdirahman

Abdullaah

Abdi

Ismail/Ismael

Girls names weight less. But be careful with traditional Islamic names like Khadija, Fatma, Aisha....they tend to make the girls hyper intelligent, in todays world--with too much fitnaah turn into bisexuality or lesbians.

I would say for girls--pick girlish names like Saxro/Sarah/Sarah, Udgoon, Amiino/Amiina/ Zainab etc etc

Do not pick @Amirah your girl will walk around thinking she has testicles
:deadmanny: :deadrose: :russ: :drakelaugh: :russsmug::westbrookswag:

I’ll name my children like this,

"Caadan name " "Somalian name"

Example:

Mathew-Aree "my family name"

That’s only if I still live in the west.

I'll name them

Abdillah
Abdiahad
AbdiAkbar
AbdiAlim
AbdiAzim
AbdiAziz
AbdiBaqi
AbdiBarr
AbdiBasir
AbdiBasit
AbdiBatin
AbdiFattah
AbdQaffar
AbdiQafur
AbdQani
AbdHafid
AbdiHakim
AbdiHadi
AbdiHakim
AbdiHalim
AbdiHamid
AbdiHaq
AbdiHasib
AbdiHai
AbdiJabbar
AbdiJalil
AbdiJamil
AbdiKafi
AbdiKarim
AbdiKhaliq
AbdiLatif
AbdiMaajid
AbdiMajiid
AbdiMaalik
AbdiMalik
AbdiManan
AbdiMatin
AbdiMuhaimin
AbdiMuid
AbdiMujib
AbdiMumin
AbdiMonem
AbdiMuqit
AbdiMuqtadir
AbdiMusawir
AbdiMutali
AbdiNasir
AbdiNur
AbdiQadir
AbdiQahir
AbdiQawi
AbdiQayyum
AbdiQuddus
AbdiRab
AbdiRafi
AbdiRahim
AbdiRahman
AbdiRaqib
AbdiRashid
AbdiRauf
AbdiRazzaq
AbdiRida
AbdiSabur
AbdiSalam
AbdiSamad
AbdiSami
AbdiSattar
AbdiShakur
AbdiSubhan
AbdiTawwab
AbdiWahid
AbdiWadud
AbdiWahhab
AbdiWakil
AbdiWali
AbdiWasi

:mjpls:

What happen if you have a daughter then
:what1:
5hzi91.jpg

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
This the third thread today on a similar topic....

Because of this, I am naming my children the most Arab of names just to piss these guys off. I originally wanted to name my kids like rooble or something really iconically Somali but I have noticed its the ones that speak the least Somali that are hung up on this topic.

:mjdontkno:

Many European names are borrowed from Greek or Hebrew. There has been a lot of co-opting and localizing of names from the Old or New Testaments. I don't see why names in Arabic (which are Afro Asiatic) are an exception. Also, a few Somalis don't have Arab, Anglo or Somali names. I like Somali names but naming is uniquely individual and I won't negate those who decide on something different.

Read this article.

Does your name determine your future? New research suggests it may at least shape the way your face looks — Quartz (qz.com)

Trending