Will you give your child a Somali name?

Will you give your child a Somali name?

• Yes

Votes: 42 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 25.0%

• Total voters
I will give them the most somali of somali names. I will have a harem of lil niglets named classic somali names. No more cabdis and arab names. Coonery ends here.

edit: They will be anglo saxoned on their birth certificate tho. Gotta give em a leg up in this western world we live in. First Somali John Smith popping up. Try reject my sons job application now you caadan wecels.
Please don't give your son the misfortune of being named John subhanallah💀

Please don't give your son the misfortune of being named John subhanallah💀

giphy.gif

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Your first name has little bearing on your Somaliness or religious devotion. Your actions/conduct does. I don't know why some are so hung up on it.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Your first name has little bearing on your Somaliness or religious devotion. Your actions/conduct does. I don't know why some are so hung up on it.

This the third thread today on a similar topic....

Because of this, I am naming my children the most Arab of names just to piss these guys off. I originally wanted to name my kids like rooble or something really iconically Somali but I have noticed its the ones that speak the least Somali that are hung up on this topic.

If its gonna be hooyo mataalos that are giving exclusively Somali names to their kids then I don't want my kids (who will be fluent in Somali) to be associated with dad dhaqan la'an.

First child's name will be Saleh ibn Berrybaluus As-Somal.

:mjdontkno:

Last edited:
It's the one's least connected to Somalinimo that scream the most about their culture dying.

That's because they have little to no culture themselves.....
Living in the west and knowing that you yourself will never be a western but just another Somali farah. You’ll never be accepted unless you breed with them. Native Americans and blacks have been living along whites for hundreds of yrs yet look at where they are. No amount of ass kissing, correct pronunciation, learning their cultural norms and accepting their values will make you one one of them. The Jews who have been living alongside the whites for thousands of yrs and look at what they did to them. Being a minority is one of the worst things to ever be. Cause your just like a weak rabbit who’s being watched by a bunch of foxes. Even though they haven’t done anything yet Dosent mean they won’t.

Living in the west and knowing that you yourself will never be a western but just another Somali farah. You’ll never be accepted unless you breed with them. Native Americans and blacks have been living along whites for hundreds of yrs yet look at where they are. No amount of ass kissing, correct pronunciation, learning their cultural norms and accepting their values will make you one one of them. The Jews who have been living alongside the whites for thousands of yrs and look at what they did to them. Being a minority is one of the worst things to ever be. Cause your just like a weak rabbit who’s being watched by a bunch of foxes. Even though they haven’t done anything yet Dosent mean they won’t.
That's a long-winded answer to just say you wanna smash beckys. Go for it young buck, ain't nobody stopping you.

That's a long-winded answer to just say you wanna smash beckys. Go for it young buck, ain't nobody stopping you.
Rather stay with my people but you can’t deny what I’m saying is true. The majority can point their swords at you at anytime. When times get tough first people to get hit are the minorities.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Nope.
Not sure if I'll be a dad one day, and even if it does happen, I wouldn't give to my kids any Somali names in the West; not only they'd stand out more and become persona no grata (our reputation in some western countries is unparalleled, we are becoming "Gypsies" in countries like the UK or Sweden), and personally, I have had enough "Somali" names and it's not my cup of tea.

Apollo

VIP
I am seriously contemplating changing my surname officially to Harti as it has a nice meaning (strong man). 🤣 It is an awesome sounding name and better sounding than my current Somali last name.

Most non-Somalis don't know the tribal connotations anyway. 🤭

I am seriously contemplating changing my surname officially to Harti as it has a nice meaning (strong man). 🤣 It is an awesome sounding name and better sounding than my current Somali last name.

Most non-Somalis don't know the tribal connotations anyway. 🤭

How bad could your last name be to want to change it?

I bet you have never been to the "homeland".
I spent a more than a decade there, so let me tell you something (Djibouti and Somaliland).
When I travelled to the West, I was actually so shocked at how people were smiling at me and how they would always do their best to help me while being polite. Even though they didn't even knew me.
I was treated waaay better in the West than back home.
In Somalia (Southern), there are only 2 or 3 clans that can become president, imagine if you couldn't become a presidential candidate in America just because you were not white, that would be a disaster.
Living in Somalia won't make you a majority, since you are seen as a member of your clan therefore a minority.
You are better off in the West where people don't judge you, believe me.

It's the one's least connected to Somalinimo that scream the most about their culture dying.

That's because they have little to no culture themselves.....
I posted that because when I first came to SomaliSpot I was wondering why it wasn't in Somali like the name suggested💀.

But yeah I agree, the ones obsessed with keeping Soomaalinimo pure from Arab influence and are racist to Arabs tend to be the ones who are least connected to their own culture, it's sad really💯

But there's a line, we must not let "Arabness" consume our culture

Magacaygu waa Cabdiinasir Ismaaciil Axmed, my children will be named Maxamed and Cabdiraxmaan!!!!

Trending